2015 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets wear white at home for first few home games of the season. Always. For many many years. If they wear green this weekend it would be a massive, unexpected change in SOP.

Only question is whether they wear green or white pants. Hoping they stick with white.

Always? 2008 under Mangini home opener against the Pats they wore green link

I'm not saying they will 100% go green but this was more of an absolute under Rex.

No one really knows what Bowles will do.

BREAKING NEWS: 49ers to wear black vs. the Vikings on MNF, as well as vs. the Cardinals in Week 12. http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-to-Wear-Black-Alternate-Uniforms-vs-Minnesota-Vikings/316f57fb-78b9-4413-8da7-6f993b66db4c

This is stupid. Both the Niners and Bears are opening up in alternates. I believe you should start the season in your regular uni's. Plus San Fran's alts are hideous.

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

What a shame the 9ers are wasting what would have been a great looking week 1 uniform matchup. Anyway, this article outlines everything that is known about uniforms this year. Says the Titans will wear light blue jerseys for 1 game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13568552/2015-uni-watch-nfl-preview-uniform-changes-tweaks-alternates-throwbacks?ex_cid=espnFB

What a shame the 9ers are wasting what would have been a great looking week 1 uniform matchup. Anyway, this article outlines everything that is known about uniforms this year. Says the Titans will wear light blue jerseys for 1 game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13568552/2015-uni-watch-nfl-preview-uniform-changes-tweaks-alternates-throwbacks?ex_cid=espnFB

The source only mentions that the Titans will wear the light blue jerseys for one game, but regarding Week 1 at Tampa Bay, it says: "In addition, the Titans have added a memorial decal for longtime scout C.O. Brocato, who recently passed away. It was worn for the team's final preseason game and also will appear for Tennessee's regular-season opener against the Buccaneers on Sept. 13, after which it will be removed."

Wearing red at Dallas and New Orleans, everything else is normal.

Speaking of the Saints, they will wear white for their first three regular season home games, and black for their remaining five homes games. They'll be forced to wear black at Carolina in Week 3 FOR SURE, and possibly for Week 5 at Philadelphia as well. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13568552/2015-uni-watch-nfl-preview-uniform-changes-tweaks-alternates-throwbacks

Teams do not care about uniform matchups, they want headlines and attention that lead to revenue.

The 49ers need all of the extra help they can get, their roster was decimated over the offseason.

87Redskins.png

That was a very informative read, thanks for posting that link.

I like the new 'nose-bumpers' (I had never known how to identify what those were) that are in 3-D.

This is the part of the article that most troubled me:

• Players will once again wear pink accessories and pink ribbon decals to raise awareness of breast cancer. Expect to see the pink gear in Weeks 4, 5 and 6.

I'm not a proponent of breast cancer awareness, but enough is enough (with the October pink). Looks like they trimmed it down by a week if teams don't wear the pink in Week 7.

Browns are reportedly going to wear orange jerseys against the jets

I thought alternate jerseys can only be worn twice per season? Would seem odd for the Browns waste this on a typical afternoon away game.

Jets confirmed on twitter that they will indeed be going white over green.

The NFL rule on alts is that a team can wear them once in the preseason if they choose, and twice in the regular season for a total of 3 times. This year though the NFL is encouraging but not mandating color vs. color Thursday night games. For this reason they are also granting exceptions on the use of an alt in those instance provided that the alt is colored and not white. My guess is that this is some foreshadowing of something "special" for Thursday games either next season or the season after.

I for one think it would be awesome if they went with a "Throwback Thursday theme" for all Thursday games. They'd have to come up with something for the Texans though. :)

The NFL rule on alternates/throwbacks changed a few years back.

No longer can you wear them during the preseason, just 2 times during the regular season.

The Panthers had already selected to wear their lighter Carolina Blue in the heat for road games during Week 1 and Week 4, when they're at Jax and Tampa Bay.

Carolina was obviously given an exception by the NFL for a 3rd time due to them playing on Thanksgiving Day where I anticipate Dallas will be in their navy blue for a color vs color game that the NFL is now pushing for all Thursday games this season (unless they clash) and making it mandatory in 2016.

The NFL rule on alts is that a team can wear them once in the preseason if they choose, and twice in the regular season for a total of 3 times. This year though the NFL is encouraging but not mandating color vs. color Thursday night games. For this reason they are also granting exceptions on the use of an alt in those instance provided that the alt is colored and not white. My guess is that this is some foreshadowing of something "special" for Thursday games either next season or the season after.

I for one think it would be awesome if they went with a "Throwback Thursday theme" for all Thursday games. They'd have to come up with something for the Texans though. :)

The NFL rule on alternates/throwbacks changed a few years back.

No longer can you wear them during the preseason, just 2 times during the regular season.

The Panthers had already selected to wear their lighter Carolina Blue in the heat for road games during Week 1 and Week 4, when they're at Jax and Tampa Bay.

Carolina was obviously given an exception by the NFL for a 3rd time due to them playing on Thanksgiving Day where I anticipate Dallas will be in their navy blue for a color vs color game that the NFL is now pushing for all Thursday games this season (unless they clash) and making it mandatory in 2016.

The Cowboys/Panthers matchup isn't a typical Thursday Night game though. It's Thanksgiving on Fox and I would be very surprised if both teams wore a shade of blue with silver pants for that game, it would look awful.

bSLCtu2.png

Cowboys will wear the beautiful underused Navy jerseys 4 times this year: @PHI, @MIA, @NO and @TB

As of now it looks like they're wearing white on Thanksgiving.

What's the source? The GIants are wearing white at Tampa Bay the week before, so I guess the Bucs want to force the Cowboys to wear navy just to mess with them.

Archived