2015 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where's the news about the bills wearing white?

Id assume blue, but havent found anything saying white in a quick look.

Rex Ryan teams typically wear white at the start of the season. I'd assume that's what he's basing it off of.

That's quite correct, but what's also correct is Rex is a big fan of AFL throwbacks as he proved with how many times he had the J-E-T-S wearing their New York Titans AFL throwbacks which were very boring looking and logo-less.

He also had the NYJ wear white at home quite often in the early part of the season, so white makes sense this Sunday since the blue jerseys will be worn in Miami for Week 3.

Unlike the Bills 1965 based throwback which actually has an identity it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Bills wore the throwbacks for the 2nd straight week, especially after that performance against the Colts, and it would save the equipment managers the immediate hassle of swapping back the helmet stripes, grazing Bison to charging Bison helmet logos, along with the nose bumpers.

Rex looked happy to of finally gotten his trademark sleeveless sweater that he lacked during the preseason, as NFL apparel furnished him with a special throwback version.

I'd love to see the Bills wear the throwbacks again this Sunday.

rex_ryan_0_zpsk4gxxfvp.jpg

I wish they'd make a rule against white at home. Everyone's doing it and it's getting out of hand. Teams should be limited to wearing white for two home games on top of the two game alternate rule. That's at least half of your home games wearing your primary jersey, which I'd certainly prefer to this #WHITEOUTSWAG crap.

AMEN. Absolutely hate white at home.

If I was commissioner start a rule from Week 7 to the end of the season, all home teams must wear colored unis. When I mean ALL I also mean the Dallas Cowboys and the Miami Dolphins. Those two should never be the exception to this rule.

Well, thank God you're not the Commissioner. I think the NFL has bigger design problems on it's hand right now. I can't remember an opening week where so many teams looked so amateur and cheap. Cleveland, Tampa…and Jesus, San Francisco, Seattle, Jacksonville… Embarrassing.

newsig.jpg

Well, thank God you're not the Commissioner. I think the NFL has bigger design problems on it's hand right now. I can't remember an opening week where so many teams looked so amateur and cheap. Cleveland, Tampa…and Jesus, San Francisco, Seattle, Jacksonville… Embarrassing.

Yep and their previous supplier Reebok was a WHOLE lot better (sarcasm)!!!

Also, the Buccaneers logo should cover up the rear air hole.

Not on this style helmet... Helmet02_20_14_1_a.jpg

Here are two Revo Speed helmets (which you use in your template) in a real game. Look at Mike Evans' and Doug Martin's helmets. mike-evans.jpg

AP_FLRM125_VIKINGS_BUCCANEE_14138106_8co

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I wish they'd make a rule against white at home. Everyone's doing it and it's getting out of hand. Teams should be limited to wearing white for two home games on top of the two game alternate rule. That's at least half of your home games wearing your primary jersey, which I'd certainly prefer to this #WHITEOUTSWAG crap.

AMEN. Absolutely hate white at home.

If I was commissioner start a rule from Week 7 to the end of the season, all home teams must wear colored unis. When I mean ALL I also mean the Dallas Cowboys and the Miami Dolphins. Those two should never be the exception to this rule.

That wouldn't be good enough because you'd still have the issue where both games against division opponents will look exactly the same, with the same team wearing white both times (except for when they don't play a division opponent until the second half).

The whole "we wear white to make the other team hot" thing is pure BS. We have baseball teams which have taken the field almost exclusively in black jerseys, even when on-field temps were over 100 degrees. And yes, I realize football is a different sport. But the Raiders have historically had no issues playing at home early in the season. But going forward, doing the boring white at home thing will be the least of our concerns. The NFL is forcing amateurish color-on-color matchups for all Thursday games next year, so we're in for a heaping plateful of crap.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

there is no reason for the striping on the Vikings white pants not to match the striping on the white sleeves. I don't even care which one gets used on both just as long as they match. This inconsistency of their own choosing is annoying and sort of emblematic of Nike as a supplier. When they actually get it right they're still a couple weird decisions away from completely nailing it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

there is no reason for the striping on the Vikings white pants not to match the striping on the white sleeves. I don't even care which one gets used on both just as long as they match. This inconsistency of their own choosing is annoying and sort of emblematic of Nike as a supplier. When they actually get it right they're still a couple weird decisions away from completely nailing it.

Yeah, the Vikings look great at home, but neither road look is without flaws. As you say, the mismatch between jersey stripe and pants stripe is off-putting with last night's all white combo, and when they wear purple pants, we get the solid purple socks that blend in to the pants. I'm not sure which I find more distasteful.

So close, but not there.

The Vikings sleeve stripes on the pants would look horrible because of the way it angles up.

Yeah, the Vikings look great at home, but neither road look is without flaws. As you say, the mismatch between jersey stripe and pants stripe is off-putting with last night's all white combo, and when they wear purple pants, we get the solid purple socks that blend in to the pants. I'm not sure which I find more distasteful.

So close, but not there.

See, I'm not a big fan of the Vikings' uniforms in general, but I have no issue with this. They are different striping patterns displayed differently (vertical vs. horizontal) on different elements. I think that light-colored helmets and pants should always have the same striping, but I'm perfectly fine with the jersey stripes being different, particularly when there's a design element like the stripe flair.

That being said, I think the Vikings should get white socks with stripes similar to the white jerseys and only wear purple pants on the road.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Vikings sleeve stripes on the pants would look horrible because of the way it angles up.

I wouldn't have the pants stripe match the swoop on the sleeve stripe. I'd match the flat parts of the striping. I thought that was obvious.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I wouldn't have the pants stripe match the swoop on the sleeve stripe. I'd match the flat parts of the striping. I thought that was obvious.

So you mean Purple-White-Yellow instead of Purple-Yellow-Purple?

That doesn't both me.

My issues with the Vikings uniforms are:

-the black facemasks

-serifs on only one number (either none or both please)

-the purple socks with purple pants.

I'm slowly getting used to facemask and numbers but the socks still bugs me a little. At least theres a stripe on the pants to prevent it from being that awful full leotard look like the Saints or Ravens.

Archived