2015 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

Some people I work with are on the Riders forum and they were saying the manager of the Rider Store in Regina posted on the forum (or someone who heard from the manager) that the teams will be unveiling the Adidas jerseys in the spring.

The signature jerseys will be no more as it was just a Reebok thing and the Bombers are expected to be going back to the royal blue, which I think was mentioned here.

The all-white set (storm trooper) the Riders wear is gone too. No more white helmets. Which, while unique in the CFL, never really fit the Riders. The Adidas take-over shouldn't require everyone to make a change, since Adidas and Reebok are practically the same company, so this must be the will of the team to have a uniform change.

I would just go with something simple. Don't go full classic, keep the current logo, but they don't need to have piping and mis-matched panelling with the pants if they can avoid it.

Retros full time?

yUTIIqk.png

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, it is great that the head of Canada's national Inuit organisation has formally requested that the team change its name!

The awareness of the legitimacy of native-related issues on the part of government and even businesses is much greater in Canada than it is in the U.S. So I am hopeful that this Inuit group's endorsement of a name change will be taken seriously, and that this change will eventually happen. Indeed, I would bet that the Eskimos change their name before the Redskins do.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

The awareness of the legitimacy of native-related issues on the part of government and even businesses is much greater in Canada than it is in the U.S.

That's just a sampling of the many issues the Canada government both local and federal) has had with the First Nations in recent history. I haven't even linked to anything about the Mounties' decades of willful ignorance towards murders of First Nations women (often prostitutes and hitchhikers) nor the troubling findings of the recently aborted Truth Commission on Residential Schools revealing decades of sexual and other abuse (even murder) of First Nations children. You can read more about First Nations issues here.

The fact is, neither the USA nor Canada nor Australia nor Japan or any major country settled by a foreign land treats its natives very well. Maybe things will improve slightly under the social justice-oriented Justin Trudeau--before the election, he pledged that, if elected, he'd make sure to provide $10 million for a road that would provide a First Nations tribe with access to the mainland after hearing that they took it upon themselves to launch a crowdfunding campaign for it--but we'll have to see about that.

Honestly, as invisible as Native Americans are to the everyday lives of Americans such as myself, the existence of First Nations people is even more invisible, and so I had no idea Eskimo was considered an ethnic slur to the Inuit Nation.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I've been waiting on the Eskies to change their name for ages... They handle the racist name about as well as possible without changing it, no stereotypes I can see anywhere. Still though, the name is awful and it needs a change.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

The awareness of the legitimacy of native-related issues on the part of government and even businesses is much greater in Canada than it is in the U.S.

That's just a sampling of the many issues the Canada government both local and federal) has had with the First Nations in recent history. I haven't even linked to anything about the Mounties' decades of willful ignorance towards murders of First Nations women (often prostitutes and hitchhikers) nor the troubling findings of the recently aborted Truth Commission on Residential Schools revealing decades of sexual and other abuse (even murder) of First Nations children. You can read more about First Nations issues here.

The fact is, neither the USA nor Canada nor Australia nor Japan or any major country settled by a foreign land treats its natives very well. Maybe things will improve slightly under the social justice-oriented Justin Trudeau--before the election, he pledged that, if elected, he'd make sure to provide $10 million for a road that would provide a First Nations tribe with access to the mainland after hearing that they took it upon themselves to launch a crowdfunding campaign for it--but we'll have to see about that.

Honestly, as invisible as Native Americans are to the everyday lives of Americans such as myself, the existence of First Nations people is even more invisible, and so I had no idea Eskimo was considered an ethnic slur to the Inuit Nation.

Please note that I didn't claim that Canada has an admirable history of treatment of natives. Nor did I claim that there is no extant anti-native racism and insensitivity amongst Canadians.

I said only that Canadian government entities and businesses take the feelings and opinions of First Nations people much more seriously than analogous American entities take Native Americans' concerns.

And I do not think that the First Nations are as invisible to non-native Canadians as American Indians tend to be to non-native Americans. The Canadian national advocacy groups for Inuits specifically and generally for First Nations people enjoy a degree of influence in the federal legislature and a level of acknowledgement within the national culture that far exceed the position of any native organisations in the U.S.

For these reasons I expect that the offence taken by Inuit people will be the catalyst for the Edmonton Eskimos to change their name well before the fight against the Washington Redskins' name will have any chance at success.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

The Riders are folding? Thank God.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived