2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Philbin is gone from Miami.

Well, that was coming from a mile away. Their showing in London was bad... like pitiful. All this hype and hope for the Dolphins and it's flushed down the toilet because they aren't who we thought they were.

Better late than never for Miami to make that decision. Annual underachieving, regularly getting outcoached by the opposing side; Miami is 1-3 and lucky to have that one win. Should've happened after last season; they did this with enough time to maybe salvage 2015. Hope to see Tannehill without restrictions now, so that will be nice.

spacer.png

The New England game next week will give you a good idea about how good/bad this team really is.

They should be considered lucky if they lose that game and DON'T lose by 4-5 scores. The defense isn't as bad as Jacksonville's is (and in Jacksonville's case it's inexperience, Dallas's case it's injuries), but it's pretty bad.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Cowboys really should be 0-4 right now. The Giants was a goal line play from winning that game. The Eagles was winnable game for them with a QB that wasn't completely lost. They really are fortunate to be up at 2-2.

The New England game next week will give you a good idea about how good/bad this team really is.

Let's please remember how unfairly injured we are. This is a good team when healthy. I'd like to see any other team lose so many key players and do half as well as the Cowboys have.

Don't forget that if it weren't for some flukey and bizzare turnovers against the Giants, we would have blown them out. Don't forget if Romo wasn't injured against the Eagles, we would have blown them out. That game wasn't really close anyways.

We lost to a really good Falcons team and we actually were winning that game until the 3rd quarter, by the way. And last night, we lost due to a blown coverages because a rookie LB (3rd stringer too) was out there playing the Will due to Sean Lee's concussion.

We have 5 games until Romo is back, and word from the Cowboys is that Dez will be back in Week 7 against the Giants. The Weeden-led Cowboys just has to win two games in the next 5. Preferably both will be against the Giants and Eagles, but I'd take any combination of wins.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The thing that gives Dallas some comfort and confidence is just how much the Eagles, Giants and Redskins are playing. None of them seem to really want to take the reigns away from Dallas for control of the division right now.

I wouldn't necessarily say Dallas has the reigns of the NFC East...

I've seen the SVP edition of SportsCenter at the gym a few times and it's really bad. I don't know why I'm supposed to watch a guy who's sneering at me the whole time.

The Seahawks aren't going to so anything this year unless they fix their offensive line. Good luck with that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Cowboys really should be 0-4 right now. The Giants was a goal line play from winning that game. The Eagles was winnable game for them with a QB that wasn't completely lost. They really are fortunate to be up at 2-2.

Let's please remember how unfairly injured we are. This is a good team when healthy. I'd like to see any other team lose so many key players and do half as well as the Cowboys have.

Don't forget that if it weren't for some flukey and bizzare turnovers against the Giants, we would have blown them out. Don't forget if Romo wasn't injured against the Eagles, we would have blown them out. That game wasn't really close anyways.

We lost to a really good Falcons team and we actually were winning that game until the 3rd quarter, by the way. And last night, we lost due to a blown coverages because a rookie LB (3rd stringer too) was out there playing the Will due to Sean Lee's concussion.

We have 5 games until Romo is back, and word from the Cowboys is that Dez will be back in Week 7 against the Giants. The Weeden-led Cowboys just has to win two games in the next 5. Preferably both will be against the Giants and Eagles, but I'd take any combination of wins.

Used "we" seven times in one post. That's gotta be a record, right?

Anyway, Bieber, with the exception of the really homer-erotic stuff, I agree with you. When healthy, the Cowboys are a good team. When Romo got hurt, I figured the Cowboys needed to go at worst 4-4 during his absense. But after seeing how bad the rest of that division is, it's entirely possible that 8-8 will be enough get the Cowboys into the playoffs. So yeah, two wins while Romo is out just might be enough.

BB52Big.jpg

Gerry Austin just confirmed that it was illegal batting and Detroit should've had the ball back, so there's just another pile of salt to rub into Detroit's always-sizable wounds.

Really? Really?? Dude, no... How would that be illegal batting? Come to think of it, since when was there a rule for batting the ball out of a man's hands?

And this is about is that the Kitten and their fans are Sore. Losers. LEH-HOO. SEI-ERS.

Gerry Austin just confirmed that it was illegal batting and Detroit should've had the ball back, so there's just another pile of salt to rub into Detroit's always-sizable wounds.

Really? Really?? Dude, no... How would that be illegal batting? Come to think of it, since when was there a rule for batting the ball out of a man's hands?

And this is about is that the Kitten and their fans are Sore. Losers. LEH-HOO. SEI-ERS.

Not out of Johnson's hand, that's a fumble - the incident in question is Seattle's #50 Wright batting the ball out of the end zone. If the official deemed it intentional it's a 10 yard penalty and the ball goes back to the spot of the fumble - meaning Detroit's ball at the 6-inch line. Dean just confirmed the flag should have been thrown. It's not about sore losers it's about officials missing another big big call in Seattle.

I didn't know that was a rule. JUST WHEN YOU THINK THE NFL RULEBOOK COULDN'T GET ANY WORSE.

That an obscure rule was also wrongfully called by the worst officials in pro sports is peak NFL officiating.

So you're allowed to kick it out the back of the endzone, but not hit it? I'm trying to figure out what not allowing someone to hit the ball out of the back of the endzone is even designed to prevent. WHY is that not allowed?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I didn't know that was a rule. JUST WHEN YOU THINK THE NFL RULEBOOK COULDN'T GET ANY WORSE.

That an obscure rule was also wrongfully called by the worst officials in pro sports is peak NFL officiating.

So you're allowed to kick it out the back of the endzone, but not hit it? I'm trying to figure out what not allowing someone to hit the ball out of the back of the endzone is even designed to prevent. WHY is that not allowed?

I knew the offense couldn't bat the ball out of the end zone to avoid the defense recovering for a TD - I think the rule in that case is safety for Defense, and the kicking them must kick from their own 10, but that's pure speculation. I guess I figured it was illegal batting when Seattle's D did it, but when no flag was thrown I thought maybe it was allowed.

I would say guess of why the defensive player batting the ball out of the end zone isn't allowed would be the similar to if it was an offensive player trying to avoid a Defensive TD - the possibility that the offense would have a chance to recover it in the end zone which would go back to the spot of the fumble unless the player that fumbles recovers the ball - it would be TD.

As for kicking out of the end zone - I have no idea. Gerry Austin said this illegal batting rule has been in the rulebook since before he was officiating, but some of the other rules I think they're making up as they go along.

Archived