NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PACIFIC DIVISION PRIDE! WOO and all that, I guess.

Man, you know what? That was all fun.

And John Scott's team winning the game, being voted MVP and accepting that check from Gary Bettman all felt like a fun justice to this whole situation. I know specific somes of yous will hate every part of this thing. But FWIW, I enjoyed it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Congratulations to Nashville for being such a great host. The crowd had great energy, they cheered the right people and booed the right people for the most part..Best fans in the Central Division, and it wouldn't have been the same without them. 3 on 3 was highly entertaining and a big improvement over the normal format. Great weekend for hockey.

I'm glad Scott won and got MVP, but I think after the euphoria of this dies down, we need to remember that Gary Bettman supplanted this guy from a winning team and sent him essentially to the AHL and forced him to move his pregnant wife and children from Arizona to Newfoundland all o preserve the Sanctity of the NHL ALL-STAR GAME.  And then we need to remember that that same Gary Bettman will be in charge for 8 more years. 

Im glad Bettman was forced to give Scott a cool million, but any poetic justice of it will be outweighed by the long-term consequences for Scott. 

spacer.png

If this were wrestling, Gary Bettman would have come out with the check: "You know, John, I just happened to be reading the NHL All-Star Game Presented by Honda contract as I was getting ready to come out here.  I'll give you your check, you'll get that.  HOWEVER, since you currently play in St. John's, Newfoundland, the check will be for one million CANADIAN dollars!!!

vince-mcmahon-reading-600x400.jpg

19 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

If this were wrestling, Gary Bettman would have come out with the check: "You know, John, I just happened to be reading the NHL All-Star Game Presented by Honda contract as I was getting ready to come out here.  I'll give you your check, you'll get that.  HOWEVER, since you currently play in St. John's, Newfoundland, the check will be for one million CANADIAN dollars!!!

vince-mcmahon-reading-600x400.jpg

I'm legitimately surprised this didn't happen. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Crabcake47 said:

I'm glad Scott won and got MVP, but I think after the euphoria of this dies down, we need to remember that Gary Bettman supplanted this guy from a winning team and sent him essentially to the AHL and forced him to move his pregnant wife and children from Arizona to Newfoundland all o preserve the Sanctity of the NHL ALL-STAR GAME.  And then we need to remember that that same Gary Bettman will be in charge for 8 more years. 

Im glad Bettman was forced to give Scott a cool million, but any poetic justice of it will be outweighed by the long-term consequences for Scott. 

Stop blaming Bettman. He serves at the leisure of the owners. He doesn't do anything that they don't approve beforehand. If Bettman stepped down tomorrow, nothing would change since the owners would just replace him with another sycophant.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, CRichardson said:

Stop blaming Bettman. He serves at the leisure of the owners. He doesn't do anything that they don't approve beforehand. If Bettman stepped down tomorrow, nothing would change since the owners would just replace him with another sycophant.

This begs the question: At what point do NHL fans revolt and demand Green Bay-style ownership of their favourite teams? (in order to see them not either move or threaten to move if the taxpayers don't take it in the rear to fund upgraded stadiums as well as pay the exorbitant prices)

I'm happy for Scott. Real feel-good story, and way to stick it to the Imp-in-Charge.

14 minutes ago, Magnus said:

This begs the question: At what point do NHL fans revolt and demand Green Bay-style ownership of their favourite teams? (in order to see them not either move or threaten to move if the taxpayers don't take it in the rear to fund upgraded stadiums as well as pay the exorbitant prices)

I'm happy for Scott. Real feel-good story, and way to stick it to the Imp-in-Charge.

That's never going to happen since the Packers are only owned that way due to being grandfathered in to the NFL rule prohibiting it and I'm sure the other leagues don't allow it either.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I enjoyed the game. It was fun and that's what it's supposed to be. And I have to say that honestly, the last game had me watching it like it was a regular season game, and I think that's the goal. As far as John Scott goes, good for him. Good for him for having a good attitude and proving the world wrong. Isn't that what life is about and what a lot of us deal with. We know what we can do, if given the opportunity. I'm happy things worked out for him and he showed all of us that he can play. I think a lot of times we all hear the term "enforcer" and just label the guy as someone who can't play. Watching Scott out there, he may not be the fastest or best puck handler, but he look like he belonged. I also did find this article on the trade and a little behind it that I'm not sure a lot of people have read: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/coyotes-gm-considered-waiting-on-scott-trade-until-after-all-star-game/

The we-did-it-redditing over this is overwhelming. By reddit standards. 

Hockey's purest hero, flailing away like an idiot in a preseason game. Congratulations on your retard prom king.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm sorry that people had fun.

And again, at this point, it wasn't about him getting voted in. It happened. It was about the NHL's handling on the situation, the petulant insistence on doing all they could to force him out of the game, and the depth they went to do it. Why? Because the fans showed them up a little bit? The fans that the ASG is supposedly for over anybody else? It clearly just wasn't the reddit or hockey twitter community. I guarantee all those people cheering for him, chanting his name and "MVP" in the building aren't redditors. (Like I said previously, if the NHL really didn't want to deal with any of this, they could have messed with votes ahead of time like they've always done.)

Then when they say fine and let him go to the game and all this, he goes and scores two goals for the team that ultimately wins the tournament and isn't included in the NHL's "official" MVP candidates. (Luongo, Hall, Gaudreau were. As a Ducks fan, I'd also like to point out the Pacific goalies pitched a shutout and Corey Perry had the championship-winning goal(s) as well and didn't get nominated. Anyway.) He then gets voted in BY THE FANS (AGAIN) as the MVP and gets carried off on the shoulders of his teammates. Smiles for everybody.

The players and teammates loved it. The majority of the fans seemed to have a good time about it all and (God forbid) actually enjoy the All-Star Game.

So, again, sorry that people had some fun injected into what has otherwise been a stale, yawn-inducing event. Oops.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

1 hour ago, Still MIGHTY said:

So, again, sorry that people had some fun injected into what has otherwise been a stale, yawn-inducing event. Oops.

This may have been the most exciting All-Star game that we'll see for a long, long time.  I can't wait until nobody cares next year, and the NHL has to explain why it was so good one year and so boring the next.

13 hours ago, Brass said:

We said he was headstrong.

[explanation]

We said McGuire was overemotional.

[explanation]

We said he was full of himself.

[explanation]

We said McGuire is calculating and lost the respect of his team.

[explanation]

Legitimately had to check the byline again to make sure this wasn't something out of a Keith Olbermann monologue.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, NJTank said:

What am I watching, does anybody think a 3 on 3 ASG tournament is a good idea?

... yes

It's a wide open style with a ton of skill. Plus, it's a damned ASG. They're supposed to be fun. This isn't supposed to be some clutch-and-grab 1-0 game despite having the like of Kane, Karlsson, Subban, Ovechkin, etc.

Isn't there something consequential you could complain about?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived