NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

9 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Maybe the Kings could do a Rams night next season vs the Blues.

I'd pay anything to see if any LA Kings player could name one active Rams player and double down if it weren't Todd Gurley. Not being bitter by any means but don't try to the cool kid and think that the new team in town is going to be in synergy with the current franchises. Kings would be smart to separate themselves from the Rams for 5-10 years until they can establish the new regime. 

But yeah, have fun with your "fan night" against STL hahaha

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Yes, NFL teams would never stoop low or pander to push more merchandise on their audience. See you in October!

Sounds good. Lemme know when the Raiders do a mashup promo with the Sharks or when the Packers hit the field in full-blown camo.

6uXNWAo.png

33 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Sounds good. Lemme know when the Raiders do a mashup promo with the Sharks or when the Packers hit the field in full-blown camo.

I don't think it's a point of pride that the Raiders don't cross-promote the Sharks. These days the Raiders barely promote themselves.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

25 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

This doesn't seem accurate.

I give ZERO fux about the Rams honestly. It was cool in 1999 when I was in the 8th grade but really? Cardinals and Blues all day sir. Rams were like the red headed step son. See Ya!

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

9 minutes ago, worcat said:

I give ZERO fux about the Rams honestly. It was cool in 1999 when I was in the 8th grade but really? Cardinals and Blues all day sir. Rams were like the red headed step son. See Ya!

Funny, no one was saying this when there was still that pipe dream of steamrolling democracy to gift the Rams a stadium on the riverfront, it was all "Cardinals and Rams, come on it's the NFL man, also, the Blues exist." Well, I was saying that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Funny, no one was saying this when there was still that pipe dream of steamrolling democracy to gift the Rams a stadium on the riverfront, it was all "Cardinals and Rams, come on it's the NFL man, also, the Blues exist." Well, I was saying that.

I don't know anyone that would put money on this. Downtown STL casual fans don't give a :censored: about the rams. WHO!?!! STL Loves the cardinals and supports the blues addictions. Anything else, can suck a D!

No one cared about the rams. No One. NO ONE. No One. NO one..... No one..... No One. so stop it. No One.

No One.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

6 hours ago, worcat said:

No one cared about the rams. No One. NO ONE. No One. NO one..... No one..... No One. so stop it. No One.

Mmkay. Will be interesting to see how quickly St. Louis fans distance themselves from the Cardinals should they ever go thru a losing decade...

6uXNWAo.png

21 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Mmkay. Will be interesting to see how quickly St. Louis fans distance themselves from the Cardinals should they ever go thru a losing decade...

Could go two ways. Their numbers could slip because they're the same as every other city and winning teams generally make fanbases look really good. This is what I'd expect to happen because it happens everywhere else. 

Or they're a unique market that's tired of hearing ten plus years of backlash about their wholesome baseball theme park and how they're the BFiB and they sell more tickets to collectively middle finger the rest of the country about what great fans they are. If the Cardinals are as ingrained in the city as they say they are and they're still filling the stadium after a Pittsburgh Decade (20 years) then I will give them their due. 

We'll never know though because having one losing season at this point feels impossible. They're going to win at least 85 games every year until we all die. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

21 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Well, when stuff like this happens in the dying seconds, it sure doesn't help.

If the team had any killer instinct, they wouldn't allow an elimination game to be decided by a missed call

St. Louis fans distanced themselves from the Rams because the owner didn't want to be there and didn't want to put a competitive team on the field. Why would someone want to spend money on a team that doesn't want to be there? Your logic comparing a team struggling for years to that of a team that plans to relocate baffles me. Obviously you must not be from St. Louis, fans support the Cardinals and Blues regardless of their records because of what they mean to the city. But comparing the fan base of the Cardinals to the Rams is hilarious. Keep workin that small brain of yours.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

17 hours ago, worcat said:

Yeah this speaks in volumes. NO MERCH is being sold. You clearly are not educated enough to know what you are talking about so I will just let you aimlessly wonder about your thoughts.

Blues hats in Cardinals colors are FREE giveaways. Any pre-game jerseys are auctioned for charity. Are you really that stupid to realize that none of this is to "make a buck". Some people......

You even said the marketing was "pure gold" so what are these teams marketing if they're not trying to make a buck off the fans?

Darryl Kile would've proudly worn that Blues hat at any cost.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

NHL Tonight talking with Kevin Kurz...and Kurz shows why he’s one of the most unpopular media persons with the Sharks and their fans ( and maybe others). 

Kevin, with the three game losing streak, the Sharks are probably locked into the three seed in the Pacific. With a great road record and a sub .500 home record do you think it’s better the team actually starts on the road? - NHL Tonight.

long pause.

Kevin: Yeah I figured you might guys might go there.

Um, Kevin, the only place they are going... is the truth, deal with it Kurz.  If he doesn’t like it maybe go cover a sport you actually care about.  He always seems uninterested.

rant over.

It’s also not a lock the Sharks are even going to make the playoffs.  Until Team Teal gets that point (OR Coyotes lose in regulation) it’s not a certainty. Not to mention the last game of the season for Shark and Coyotes is against each other in San Jose. I’m really hoping it doesn’t come down to that game...

5 hours ago, Morgo said:

If the team had any killer instinct, they wouldn't allow an elimination game to be decided by a missed call

Oh that's it! The team just has to double down on the "killer instinct" drills in practice! Like hitting defenseless players and pulling the goalie in the first period! God, why couldn't they just ever think of that?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

Darryl Kile would've proudly worn that Blues hat at any cost.  

there's low and there's you.

2 hours ago, BayouJim said:

You even said the marketing was "pure gold" so what are these teams marketing if they're not trying to make a buck off the fans?

fans are going to buy tickets anyway to the game. How are you claiming they are making a "buck" off the fans by running a cross sport promotional giveaway that's free? And yes, what better team to have the game against than the Avalanche. I don't understand what the disconnect is.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

10 minutes ago, worcat said:

fans are going to buy tickets anyway to the game. How are you claiming they are making a "buck" off the fans by running a cross sport promotional giveaway that's free? And yes, what better team to have the game against than the Avalanche. I don't understand what the disconnect is.

There's no disconnect. Whether it be Cardinals Night, Blues Night, or Elvis Night. It brings in different fan-bases/new fans. Sure, they're not selling Cardinals/Blues hats, but little Johnny might go to the game because him and his dad are huge Cardinals fans and of course Little Johnny has to buy a Blues hat cause he doesn't have one. That's not even touching on what percentage of what they make in the "charity" auctions goes to actual charities.

Yes, by all means let's overshadow a team tied for first place, playing lights out hockey heading into the playoffs because they are running a promotion for a blues hat in cardinals colors.

Quick lets destroy all the bobbleheads before cities riot and burn to the ground because children and fan boys alike will pour hard earned money to get their favorite players bobblehead for free with admission of a ticket. Oh the anarchy.

Please don't bring up the price of beer or hotdogs. It may break the internet. Please think of the children!!!!! 

While we're at it, let's just stop all promotional give aways and fan nights.

Let's especially stop "Hockey Fights Cancer Night" because you know, it's a cash grab. Maybe someone who has cancer or knows someone that is fighting it may want to go to the game to show support for other people fighting or to show their thanks to the players or the league for raising money and awareness to help.

All these dirty money loving owners. What ever shall we do....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived