16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

1 minute ago, gosioux76 said:

Adidas and Chelsea today announced they will end their partnership with six years left on their current contract. Here's the statement just released by Adidas: 

Nike taking over?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Adidas and Chelsea today announced they will end their partnership with six years left on their current contract. Here's the statement just released by Adidas: 

Well, they said they will concentrate on the top clubs. Makes sense to cut Chelsea.

PS: Hoping for an Umbro comeback.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Just now, gosioux76 said:

I was just about to post this. As a Chelsea fan in the Umbro days, I hope that they go back to Umbro. Adidas made some great Chelsea kits. I am a little concerned about who the Blues go with.

3 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

Well, they said they will concentrate on the top clubs. Makes sense to cut Chelsea.

I know Chelsea fell flat this year, but unless they're lining up a bid for Tottenham and possibly Manchester City it doesn't seem like good policy to cut out one of the London clubs that pretty much held down the adidas flag there. They're probably looking at that Manchester United deal and wishing they could tear it up too. I wonder if this means they'll beef up trying to keep the MLS contract that ends in 2018.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

I was just about to post this. As a Chelsea fan in the Umbro days, I hope that they go back to Umbro. Adidas made some great Chelsea kits. I am a little concerned about who the Blues go with.

I'm actually not that concerned. Umbro has done well, and the new up and comer is Under Armour, who has been doing great. I feel like Nike wouldn't do anything to crazy except for templated third kits. I don't think they can go any wrong direction.

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I know Chelsea fell flat this year, but unless they're lining up a bid for Tottenham and possibly Manchester City it doesn't seem like good policy to cut out one of the London clubs that pretty much held down the adidas flag there. They're probably looking at that Manchester United deal and wishing they could tear it up too. I wonder if this means they'll beef up trying to keep the MLS contract that ends in 2018.

Chelsea is still a high profile club despite how they finish in the final table. If Adidas goes and gets Spurs and Man City, good for them but I don't know why that means cutting ties with Chelsea.

3 minutes ago, rsaline said:

I'm actually not that concerned. Umbro has done well, and the new up and comer is Under Armour, who has been doing great. I feel like Nike wouldn't do anything to crazy except for templated third kits. I don't think they can go any wrong direction.

I guess you are right. Chelsea has had traditional kits for the most part. I can't see UA and Nike going crazy but I want Umbro.

is there a website that sells jerseys to canada and has more than just the top teams? Because I can't find one. Ebay seems to be the only option and its so hard to find anything good. I love the lower tiered teams(probably because of FIFA games). Even some in Ligue 2.

12 minutes ago, coltravesty said:

is there a website that sells jerseys to canada and has more than just the top teams? Because I can't find one. Ebay seems to be the only option and its so hard to find anything good. I love the lower tiered teams(probably because of FIFA games). Even some in Ligue 2.

Kitbag.com is a good site. Footcenter.fr is also good, same with madeinsport.com

Honestly? Go to the club sites, they'll often ship overseas. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

A few journos are indicating that Chelsea are buying themselves out of their contract with Adidas - they did the same when they left Umbro, if memory serves.

It's very likely then that they've lined up an incredibly lucrative deal with a new supplier, so whoever it is is going to have a fair bit of financial muscle.

1 hour ago, coltravesty said:

prodirectsoccer.com has kits on sale as well. The costs for shipping could cost more than the jerseys depending on what you're looking for. I was planning to order team kits and having them sent to Texas. The cost would be around $20-$25. Some of the fan replica jerseys on sale are as low as $25. They have EPL, Germany, La Liga, Ligue 1 and 2, Porto even some South American teams as well as most national team gear from World Cup 2014 and Euro 2016.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Jaffa said:

A few journos are indicating that Chelsea are buying themselves out of their contract with Adidas - they did the same when they left Umbro, if memory serves.

It's very likely then that they've lined up an incredibly lucrative deal with a new supplier, so whoever it is is going to have a fair bit of financial muscle.

If that's the case, my money is Nike.

gYH2mW9.png

33 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

If that's the case, my money is Nike.

Adidas' statement (bold emphasis mine); 

Chelsea Football Club and adidas AG announced today that they have mutually agreed to terminate their existing partnership agreement prematurely. The agreement will now end on June 30, 2017 and not, as originally agreed, on June 30, 2023. adidas has been sponsor and sportswear supplier for Chelsea Football Club since 2006. This mutual agreement on early termination of the agreement will allow Chelsea Football Club to enter a new equipment agreement with a competitor of adidas AG. It will allow adidas AG to continue to implement its sports sponsorship strategy as set out in its strategic business plan ‘Creating the New’. Under this plan, adidas AG will partner with fewer assets on a team level. As compensation for the early termination of the contract, the adidas Group will receive a payment from Chelsea Football Club in 2017 that will already positively impact the Group’s net income this year.

Big money involved then, and I'd guess at Nike as well.

32 minutes ago, TorinK92 said:

This was accidentally uploaded to the Everton website:

EBZjXnh.png

Full-kit mockup (not sure where it's from though)

CiHYIQTWkAEmXlf.jpg

Incredibly plain. Love the sox. The gold on the jersey is weird and uninspired. I guess that's appropriate for this team...

33 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think Chelsea has a rule they can't wear the same kit supplier as Arsenal and Tottenham. 

thats a silly rule if true. are you trying to say if UA or Puma were throwing tens of millions of more dollars they would still turn it down. Or if say the do go to Nike if Tottenham or arsenal switch to nike in a couple of years then chelsea would have to find a new kit supplier. it just doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Chelsea fans better hope it's not Puma. 

It would be the death knell of classy fittings for the Blues. Hello some :censored:ty blue version of what Watford have this season.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived