16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

3 minutes ago, Kokka said:

I think the secondary is pretty cool. Reminds me of the Hawks.

Don't see the problem with the women's neckline. Why should a male cut should be the norm?

Because some women might not be comfortable with that neckline for obvious reasons.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the secondary alright but it definitely needs a better crest if you're gonna do monochrome. I proposed a white and gold kit when I did a concept many months ago.

The normal club crest already uses two shades of gold for the beveling on the "A." I proposed this where you use the two shades with the lighter shade and white in the "A" to make it pop better.

IMG_5084.PNG

As it is now, the "A" gets lost amidst the stripes.

Two notes from the Footyheadlines post about that jersey:

- it will apparently be paired with gray shorts and socks (maybe gray is trendy but you don't see it much in MLS, so that's nice)

- it describes the details as "bright red", which makes me wonder if the red will be more fluorescent/neon than the leaks suggest

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

52 minutes ago, Digby said:

- it will apparently be paired with gray shorts and socks (maybe gray is trendy but you don't see it much in MLS, so that's nice)

- it describes the details as "bright red", which makes me wonder if the red will be more fluorescent/neon than the leaks suggest

Toronto's color scheme is red and gray so I would argue that you do see it in MLS. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

16 hours ago, Nyk33 said:

Toronto's color scheme is red and gray so I would argue that you do see it in MLS. 

Sure, as a trim color on the homes, but the away jersey isn't gray anymore. Plus there are plenty of shades that aren't used yet.

forgot about Minnesota, though. Didn't someone say they're going to get very off-the-rack kits due to the uncertainty around their branding? Wonder what that means. 

1 hour ago, Digby said:

forgot about Minnesota, though. Didn't someone say they're going to get very off-the-rack kits due to the uncertainty around their branding? Wonder what that means. 

There were a lot of conflicting reports about whether they would be able to keep their name, which they ended up doing. 

We don't know what the kits will look like (although I expect them to drop the big-wing design), but at least we know that the basic color scheme is unchanged. 

Well, you never know.  NYCFC ended up with a templated shirt because they wanted something traditional and timeless for their inaugural season.  

And don't forget that the New England Revolution are also wearing a template this year.  Lead time doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. 

So this blog post suggests teamwear due to the branding uncertainty about whether they'd keep their name and badge. But it also has old info, so who knows! Regardless, a simple basic jersey for your first year strikes me as a good idea. http://fiftyfive.one/2016/08/save-date-minnesota-announce-2017-entry-mls/

The shortened turn-around means that the club will play its first season without customized jerseys, instead using off-the-rack Adidas designs.

I guess the good news about the ATL secondary kit is that they'll likely only keep it for one season so they can introduce a new one in time for 2018. And regarding Minnesota, even if they do end up with a templated kit, I'm sure it'll still look very classy because they have a fantastic color scheme. And as Gothamite noted, both NYCFC and the Revs are two examples of simple yet effective applications of templates. I'm optimistic that MNUFC will follow suit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived