North American Pro Soccer 2016

Gothamite

http://midfieldpress.com/2016/11/21/deloitte-report-suggests-promotion-relegation-would-be-positive-for-us-soccer/

In a report commissioned by Silva International Investments, Deloitte, one of the “Big Four” accounting firms, suggests that the net economic impact of introducing promotion and relegation to the United States club soccer pyramid would likely be positive.  Silva International Investments is an owner in the North American Soccer League club Miami FC.

The summary of the report, attached for download below, suggests that the present model in US club soccer is not keeping up with the increase of the overall popularity of the sport in the United States.  Despite the rapid pace of expansion across Major League Soccer, the North American Soccer League and the United Soccer League, the report suggests that “club soccer in the USA has yet to fully tap into the sport’s popularity.”

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An interesting story from the whole Jurgen situation. 

Klinsmann explained away the losses in public. In private, his excuses were even more bold; he told Gulati that he was convinced that the Gold Cup was fixed so Mexico would win, setting up the big-money playoff match against the U.S., a viewpoint that exasperated his boss.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Really??  No. That's not how it happened at all. Brad Guzan sucks and the US played like dogs. I watched those games.

Maybe if Klinsmann had played with any semblance on consistent lineups it would have been different. But he didnt and hear we are.

He did great things for the team, but the conspiracy stuff should be beneath him.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Tampa Bay Rowdies have announced a press conference for a historic announcement on December 6th.

They already announced the USL move formally, so I am interested in what this could be.  Hoping for stadium news (and maybe an MLS pipedream) but we shall see...

1 hour ago, Nyk33 said:

If this is a short term thing to see the USMNT through Russia, I'm all for it.  After the Klinsmann debacle, what US Soccer needs right now is stability and someone who can right the ship.  Long term I'd be less thrilled about this, but if it's a bridge to one of the up-and-coming MLS managers (or maybe the pipe dream that is Bielsa), I'd be just fine with it.

Another positive from this is the fact that players may not be immediately dismissed from getting called up just because they were in MLS.  Benny Feilhaber, Darlington Nagbe, Lee Nguyen, and Sacha Kljestan might actually have a chance now.

spacer.png

This is what I mean. The Impact just always find a way to :censored: with TFC when it counts. 

This is need to be turned around fast. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

ROUGH start for Toronto. AWESOME atmosphere for Montreal. It's a shame that Montreal can't host the final, because Olympic Stadium looks and sounds awesome.

EDIT: Adding, Montreal is awesome in playoff/knockout games.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

43 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

ROUGH start for Toronto. AWESOME atmosphere for Montreal. It's a shame that Montreal can't host the final, because Olympic Stadium looks and sounds awesome.

EDIT: Adding, Montreal is awesome in playoff/knockout games.

I'm pretty sure the atmosphere in Seattle or Toronto would also be awesome if they hosted it so its not like we are dealing with Dallas, Houston, or the Crew here. 

Besides I still haven't forgiven them for delaying the game for about 30 minutes because they can't draw lines. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

1 minute ago, Nyk33 said:

I think Montreal has just punched their ticket to the final. 

I'm afraid you might be correct. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

3 hours ago, Corvus said:

Report commissioned by the company of the owner of NASL Miami FC, so,,, they probably came up with what the customer wanted to see. 

what's amazing to me is how tepid the report summary really is.

Commissioned by an owner in a league trying to become first division, overseen by a man who wants to see promotion/relegation in the US, and the best they can come up with is that it could possibly be successful?  I really can't wait to see their work, but if that's the best spin they can put on it I suspect the full report will never see the light of day.  

Archived