2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

9 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

To be very honest, I was glad the Canucks lost in '11. I never want to see them win a Cup with the orca. Any other Canucks logo as a Cup-winning logo is fine with me. 

Jesus christ... you really hate that logo.  I think it's great :P .  The fact so many people want it gone just makes me like it more.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

You add emojis to every post?

No, but i consider doing it. Adding emojis is a good way to show people how you feel, and that you still have joy and fun in your heart, and are not a blowhard/old fart and mean no harm with your question, no matter how silly it is. 

4 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

You didnt want to see your team get its first Stanley Cup because of the logo they were wearing at the time...

WOW, that is a new low for me.

Yeah, I've gotta agree. The Ballard Leaf was trash but I wouldn't have let it stop me from enjoying a hypothetical Leafs Cup victory while they wore it.

13 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

To be very honest, I was glad the Canucks lost in '11. I never want to see them win a Cup with the orca. Any other Canucks logo as a Cup-winning logo is fine with me. 

I hate the Orca logo as much as the next guy, but this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this forum, and there have been a bunch of ridiculous things written on this board.  Next time, stay off the bandwagon.

5 minutes ago, hockey week said:

I think the Canucks would look worlds better with green pants, just to break up their whole all-blue home uniforms, and it pushes more green, which everyone wants. I can't say I've ever seen someone push that though. 

I can get behind that. I think it would have to be a dark jersey only thing. Would look fantastic with the blue with what you said, but not too sure about the white. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I wouldn't change anything about the Canucks uniforms, I think they're easily top 10.  The arched script might not be conventional but it works well with the Orca and is something the team has made their own in recent years.  As for the green pants idea?  I can't imagine that looking anything but awful, especially on the roads which are already green heavy. 

15 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

You know, I always thought Canucks fans rioted because they were upset...but maybe they were ecstatic after all...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

I wouldn't change anything about the Canucks uniforms, I think they're easily top 10.  The arched script might not be conventional but it works well with the Orca and is something the team has made their own in recent years.  As for the green pants idea?  I can't imagine that looking anything but awful, especially on the roads which are already green heavy. 

Morgo, let me ask you something....

If you started the Canucks from Day 1 and went with the Canucks name, would you really consider an animal for a logo? The only thing that's great about the Canucks' identity are the colours, shoulder patch and the traditional striping. 

6 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

You didnt want to see your team get its first Stanley Cup because of the logo they were wearing at the time...

WOW, that is a new low for me.

An orca has nothing to do with the Canucks' name and history, therefore, it doesn't belong on the Canucks' identity. 

End of story. 

2 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

An orca has nothing to do with the Canucks' name and history, therefore, it doesn't belong on the Canucks' identity. 

End of story. 

I don't disagree with your point, but is that really enough though for you to not want the Canucks to win the Stanley Cup? 

That's like me saying I wanted the Penguins to lose in both 2008 and 2009 because their uniforms were trash.

50 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Morgo, let me ask you something....

If you started the Canucks from Day 1 and went with the Canucks name, would you really consider an animal for a logo? The only thing that's great about the Canucks' identity are the colours, shoulder patch and the traditional striping. 

No, but I wouldn't come up with a logo as uninspired as the original stick n' rink, the plate of spaghetti, or the flying 'V.'  The colours are great but the Orca is not nearly as bad as you say it is.  It represents the topography of Vancouver, the sport and depicts a 'C' representing the namesake.  A Canuck isn't something that should be depicted directly anyways.  Just like the Montreal Canadiens shouldn't be represented by a beret-wearing french Canadian. 

47 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

End of story. 

It's been their logo for almost 20 years....  At this point, I'd say it's part of their history whether you care for it or not.

23 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

I don't disagree with your point, but is that really enough though for you to not want the Canucks to win the Stanley Cup? 

That's like me saying I wanted the Penguins to lose in both 2008 and 2009 because their uniforms were trash.

It's pples and oranges. The Penguins may have had a trashy uniform design but they still wore the iconic Penguins logo. Even if they wore the Robotic Penguin, both logos represent the team name. The Canucks have a beautiful uniform design(except for the Agency font) but the logo is irrelevant to the team name, brand history and heritage. 

21 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

It's pples and oranges. The Penguins may have had a trashy uniform design but they still wore the iconic Penguins logo. Even if they wore the Robotic Penguin, both logos represent the team name. The Canucks have a beautiful uniform design(except for the Agency font) but the logo is irrelevant to the team name, brand history and heritage. 

Odd you would say that, considering that the orca has been the primary logo longer than any other logo in Canucks history. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Archived