2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

On 11/8/2016 at 8:28 AM, Morgo said:

I'll probably get flack for this, but this jersey doesn't look too bad in this photo.  Whether you like overly detailed logo's or not, you have to at least appreciate all the effort and detail that went into that crest.  Unfortunately, when you view this jersey in action, the gold and navy layers tend to blend together, even more, creating that horribly muddy, 'mustard' effect that has (rightfully) earned this uniform so much derision.

Had they not used the double-panel format and went with Nashville's current gold, the uniforms wouldn't be that bad.  Dare I say, it would make for a perfectly acceptable alternate for a modern franchise.  The striping is actually pretty conservative for that era and the sleeves do a much better job of creating subtle 'fangs' than the panels on the current uniforms.

Agree completely.  This is a jersey designed to be seen up close.  Unfortunately that "up close" doesn't mean "first row behind the glass" but "from about eighteen inches away".

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/photos/283563196/1024x576/cut.jpg

Looks fantastic.  Blues should always wear these.  I hope they pull a Penguins.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

There was no reason to taper the hem stripe on that Blues uniform, it just looks goofy.

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

Looks fantastic.  Blues should always wear these.  I hope they pull a Penguins.

Its a good looking uniform but the Blues current set is perfect and nowhere near the visual atrocity that was the Penguins former set.

32 minutes ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Blue is good. My best friend is a blue starfish

http://www.bucketlistbums.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Amed_Bali_Indonesia-7.jpg

His name is Starro. But we call him "Bluey" which he hates. But its all in good fun.

How are you able to use an electronic device underwater? Are you one of those octopuses that can come onto land, like that one in that video that snatched up that crab? Do you have a lair that has an air pocket inside? Or do you have some high-tech Atlantean fully waterproof device? (doesn't make sense, if you're Pacific)

sig.png

Archived