2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

8 hours ago, Thomas said:

1024x1024.jpg

Great looking matchup tonight, this is how the Flames should look. Although i still say white jerseys should be home. Which reminds that the Flames home jersey from that era was amazing!

CalgaryFlameswht003.jpg

Hopefuly they'll learn... One day...

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to know who the super genius was who figured out that you could stop doing the four-slash shoulder patch and change the number of slashes on the tape of the hockey stick.

That might have to be the simplest, most effective, and most subtle change of the past 25 years. It's perfectly brilliant, and got rid of something that I liked at the time, but think looks awful now. 

That had to blow people's minds when the idea was first pitched. "So uh...why not add another stripe to the stick in the logo and get rid of the shoulder patch?" *heads explode*

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The pre-Edge jerseys were the best the Islanders have ever looked. They would have looked fine with or without the shoulder patch.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

As much as I love some of those dark early 2000s looks (the Canucks, Oilers, Islanders, and Flames all looked their best in 2004), I'm very happy with all the brightness we have in the league again. Dark colour schemes fit with the Dead Puck Era, but a faster game seems to look better in bright colours. 

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

3 hours ago, FGM13 said:

As much as I love some of those dark early 2000s looks (the Canucks, Oilers, Islanders, and Flames all looked their best in 2004), I'm very happy with all the brightness we have in the league again. Dark colour schemes fit with the Dead Puck Era, but a faster game seems to look better in bright colours. 

The Canucks' changes with the Edge jerseys were lateral. Their color scheme improved but the addition of the wordmark canceled out the positive from the color change. The Oilers and Islanders both got worse with the change but have rectified that. The Flames have yet to fix their mistakes.

Honestly, I'd be just fine if all four teams had followed the traditional teams and just translated their looks directly over. That being said, while I definitely liked the Oilers and Islanders' previous color schemes, I'm not too broken up about them going back to the historical color schemes. Basically, what I'm saying is that the two of them would be just fine with their pre-Edge or Edge revamped looks.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I went to the Bruins/Jets game last night. The Winter Classic/third jerseys for the Bruins are fantastic to see live. Very classy. Also, it might have to do more with the fact that the Winter Classic was so recent, but their alternate branded wear is very popular. Hats, jerseys, shirts, etc.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived