2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/23/2016 at 0:28 PM, the admiral said:

Here's my whirl at an Islanders tweak. I changed the lettering to Tungsten, which is a good font, with the intention of making it their own the way the Nets did with theirs. Oh and now the puck is airborne.

145ZyHm.jpg

6QGNfE7.jpg

Great update. I've always thought they should ditch the circular logo altogether, and just use a modified version "NY" as their logo, but this would work as well. The font is much improved.

4 hours ago, Gobbi said:

Any word on if they'll be selling replicas? I know Mitchell & Ness recently started making authentics but I can't justify shelling out $300 (USD) for it. 

Nope. Only the Mitchell & Ness.

1 minute ago, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

The Ottawa Senators are wearing a decal on the back left of their helmets.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/in-honor-of-remembrance-day-kyle-turris-and-the-ottawa-senators-wear-picture-id622498592?s=594x594

Does anyone know what that is? And I'm not asking about the Poppy. I'm talking about the logo next to it.

It's for Craig Anderson's wife who currently is battling cancer. I'm surprised that you didn't know, there was tones of media coverage on this. 

zyyMk1d.png

The "City of Champions" patch is almost as tacky as Minnesota's "State of Hockey" patch. Ditch that and you have a pretty decent third jersey.

Losing the triangle behind the penguin is an interesting design choice, kinda gives it more the feel of an old school mascot logo. It's so weird not having it there, but as an alternate mark or a one time thing, it's fine.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I didn't even notice that the triangle behind the logo was missing, though the gold stick jumped out at me. Stencil numbers are ok, I hope the rest are kinda reasonable. The Stadium Series patch should be on the stripe, same as the City of Champions patch, that's going to bother me.

But this is going to be the most-bought jersey since the baby blues first came out in 08. It's pretty, AND it's new, not just a throwback (which I'm always ok with, but it's good to do new things)

The patch is totally trolling, which I love. Philly has been all about the keystone, and it's about time we take a shot at it. I bet it would be good on a hat. Hell, I might have to buy one of these.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Did they lift those sleeve stripes straight from the Bruin's alternate?  Did they lift the half-assed hem from the Coyotes?  Everything about this jersey screams 'tacky,' from the oversized 'city of champions' patch to the decision to jump the 'shoulder number' bandwagon.  It's hard to imagine more than a minute of thought going into this design.  
F

Archived