• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I didn't think I would, but I actually really like that updated Pistons' logo mockup. I've always been more partial to the horse logo (both versions, but the R/W/B one most especially) simply on the grounds that it had much more "life" to it than the throwback, but I think I've 180'd a bit on that. The throwback update works to me in the same way the New York Jets' logo does; despite it being a rather stationary mark, the script somehow does enough to give it that little punch it needs. 

I'd still love the horse, but if Detroit goes the route of that mockup, I'm still sold.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

11 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Like so?

CbBne3VUUAAJEB6.jpg

I think you nailed it. Like Josh.0 said, the Pistons have been using this somewhat subtly in marketing/promotional materials this year. I would guess it's the primary/center court logo next year. I wonder if maybe they might incorporate navy and gray into the logo somehow as well to sync with the Motor City and Chrome alternates. Personally, I've never cared much for those and hope they focus on royal blue and red.

At any rate, I don't think it will be full rebrand with all new uniforms. I would guess just some tweaks to the existing set, hopefully the removal of the awful "P" logo on the shorts that was introduced in 2005:

3080.gif

I also noticed in the blog post on the main page that there are five jerseys listed as TBD for next year.

nba-2016-17-changes-4.png

This would suggest a new alternate jersey for next season, as currently the Pistons have 4 uniforms in their set: the standard home and road, and mentioned Chrome and Motor City jerseys, which are used only at home. I'd like to see the return of the red alternate that was used ~10 years ago.

I'll be interested to see exactly what happens, but I'm encouraged by the direction it seems they're taking in replacing the existing logo with a modernized version of the Bad Boys era logo, and maybe some subtle changes to existing uniform set, which I've been a pretty big fan of since their introduction in 2001.

5 hours ago, StrongXStyle said:

with the switch to nike, will we see chromaflex patches next season for finals and all star games

Nike won't take over until 2017-2018.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, Conrad. said:

For further discussion's sake, I didn't see this image posted, so speculate away!

CbBWTEUW4AA2Yfl.png

I wonder if the Sacramento Pride jersey that says the offering is dropped is that awful light blue mock up we saw last year? Let's hope so.

On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 10:17 PM, projectjohn said:

I think you nailed it. Like Josh.0 said, the Pistons have been using this somewhat subtly in marketing/promotional materials this year. I would guess it's the primary/center court logo next year. I wonder if maybe they might incorporate navy and gray into the logo somehow as well to sync with the Motor City and Chrome alternates. Personally, I've never cared much for those and hope they focus on royal blue and red.

At any rate, I don't think it will be full rebrand with all new uniforms. I would guess just some tweaks to the existing set, hopefully the removal of the awful "P" logo on the shorts that was introduced in 2005:

3080.gif

I also noticed in the blog post on the main page that there are five jerseys listed as TBD for next year.

This would suggest a new alternate jersey for next season, as currently the Pistons have 4 uniforms in their set: the standard home and road, and mentioned Chrome and Motor City jerseys, which are used only at home. I'd like to see the return of the red alternate that was used ~10 years ago.

I'll be interested to see exactly what happens, but I'm encouraged by the direction it seems they're taking in replacing the existing logo with a modernized version of the Bad Boys era logo, and maybe some subtle changes to existing uniform set, which I've been a pretty big fan of since their introduction in 2001.

I agree its mostly logo like moves...maybe some alterations to the uni like the new logo placement and white trimming on the jerseys and the stripes on the waistline of the shorts....the alt I hope its either the red alts or the bad boys hardwood classics...Or I would not be shocked the teals return for a throwback

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

That's a beautiful logo for the Charlotte All-Star game. One of my recent favorites.

Noticing the Jazz will have a pride jersey as well...I'm half terrified it'll be some over-designed and sleeved garbage, but...is it bad of me to kinda hope it's a mountains throwback?

Not that I'm betting it will be at all. If I'm taking a serious guess, I'm expecting a purple or 80's green sleeved version of whatever next year's set will be, or something along those lines. But I'd do a nostalgic backflip if it were a mountains throwback.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Noticing the Jazz will have a pride jersey as well...I'm half terrified it'll be some over-designed and sleeved garbage, but...is it bad of me to kinda hope it's a mountains throwback?

I am trying to find a link -- but, I think there was some talk about honoring the Utah Stars history. Maybe through a throwback? Something I'd love to see in one of the following ...

Nets%2073-74%20Home%20Mike%20Gale,%20Sta 

utahstars_051811~14.jpg 

On 14/2/2016 at 10:17 PM, projectjohn said:

3080.gif

As a Pistons fan I can't stand the Dp logo at all. The fact that it's used a lot on merchandise is annoying as hell. At this point I certainly hope they go with the updated bad boys era logo...

On 2/14/2016 at 10:17 PM, projectjohn said:

3080.gif

One of the worst alts of all time. Terrible. 

sig.png

Seriously, it's like they all sat around a table one day and said lets get rid of our great, unique identity and just slap our name on a basketball. Oh, and let's use a giant P with a D in the middle. So original!

The whole horsepower package was fantastic. 

They basically swapped this beauty for that crap above.

e451xq79hj1fo4yh642jpbjll.gif

sig.png

Archived