• Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/26/2016 at 3:32 PM, chcarlson23 said:

1. Somewhere in the Lounge

2. NBA uniform thread

3. NHL uniform thread

4. NHL season/playoff thread

5. "Players you hate" thread

You're 5 little random thoughts belong in other threads, AND they're there to help keep the boards less cluttered. Could you imagine if the Boards were only like this thread? There's a reason why we have the specific thread topics... But obviously you and @1937redskins know better right? 

Why so serious?  

I was just backing the guy up for something that was no big deal.  Like I said, if it was not well received it would float into oblivion.  But, hey you guys kept it semi popular with your complaints which actually gave credence to the topic of nothing specific being a viable topic.  LOL.  Dude, I was a member of this board back in like 2002 while you were no where to be found.  But my wife and I had a few kids after a while and I got away from the board, lost my password and had to start a fresh profile.  But hey, you joined in 2014, so you know better I guess! ;)

On 5/30/2016 at 11:56 PM, phutmasterflex said:

Sidebar since the Jags were brought up and their identity issues. They kept making all these odd minor changes. 

They had this in their first year. Great solid looking number font. 

Vinnie-Clark.jpg?id=eec2256a-8181-473f-8

Then in a couple years, they changed that font, adjusted the pants stripes and added a one-year only black side panel. 

49ers-Jaguars-1997-004.jpg

And after that font switch, their numbers on the road whites went from teal to black. 

fa925ec1da38fca84d1a80d4788cdee7.jpg04-Wk12-Jags-Vikings-075.jpg

Oh and they wore these black pants for one season and one season with these white pants. 

tly9jhO.jpg

Jacksonville+Jaguars+v+Tampa+Bay+Buccane

I miss these sooo much, they were a modern classic IMO & we threw it all away for some K-mart knock off. The current ones are growing on me but still aren't these and they aren't TEAL. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

7 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

I miss these sooo much, they were a modern classic IMO & we threw it all away for some K-mart knock off. The current ones are growing on me but still aren't these and they aren't TEAL. 

Yup. The Jags should be wearing teal first, black second, gold third. Or even if they want to do teal first, gold second, black third, that would be acceptable. How many other teams wear black as primary home jerseys? Steelers, (Ravens?), Raiders, Saints, Panthers. What about teal/turquoise/aqua? Dolphins. The Jags are choosing to be generic in color even as they stand out (not necessarily in a good way) in terms of design.

13 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Yup. The Jags should be wearing teal first, black second, gold third. Or even if they want to do teal first, gold second, black third, that would be acceptable. How many other teams wear black as primary home jerseys? Steelers, (Ravens?), Raiders, Saints, Panthers. What about teal/turquoise/aqua? Dolphins. The Jags are choosing to be generic in color even as they stand out (not necessarily in a good way) in terms of design.

Funny thing is, the Jags are more of a black and gold team now. They've definitely limited their usage of teal.

4 hours ago, rickyISking said:

Funny thing is, the Jags are more of a black and gold team now. They've definitely limited their usage of teal.

True, and that's unfortunate. I get that they wanted to be modern, but there was no need to leave teal in the '90s...it can work in other decades too.

26 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

True, and that's unfortunate. I get that they wanted to be modern, but there was no need to leave teal in the '90s...it can work in other decades too.

This is true and very aggravating to the majority of Jaguars fans we love teal it sets us apart. There is a very small segment some that likes it because it's a change they are comparing it Tampa Bay's move from Creamsicle to Pewter, which I disagree because it's not like were going from one unique color to another. Were going teal to Black which is a pretty bad downgrade especially for a team based in Florida. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

9 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

What year was the black side panel on the teal jersey? I didn't realize teams were doing that in the '90s, aside from Denver.

14 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

What year was the black side panel on the teal jersey? I didn't realize teams were doing that in the '90s, aside from Denver.

97. They didn't last long, and also had the drop shadow numbers that were a preseason only. I knew then Jags would be a team that would always be tinkering with the uniform. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

On 5/30/2016 at 0:34 AM, 1937redskins said:

barely had time to get use to the emerald tinted helmet.

Sparkles.jpg

theyve been using the the Jags like a uniform Petri dish

It seems like every helmet is worse than the last. But, at this point I don't think they could do any worse than what they have right now. Maybe gold with spray painted jaguar spots?

22 minutes ago, VikWings said:

The helmet with the teal flakes was great. Only redeeming quality of the 2009 update.

Yeah, that with their 1995-96 jerseys and pants, and current logo, would be great.

1 hour ago, VikWings said:

The helmet with the teal flakes was great. Only redeeming quality of the 2009 update.

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Yeah, that with their 1995-96 jerseys and pants, and current logo, would be great.

I would be beyond ecstatic with that combo.  

#DTWD #GoJaguars

There's a topic? Yeah if the bengals can have stripes then the Jaguars can have spots. Looks fine, though not much (if anything) they can do will top their set from the '98-'04 set (teal numbers on white).  That was a great uniform. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

35 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

There's a topic? Yeah if the bengals can have stripes then the Jaguars can have spots. Looks fine, though not much (if anything) they can do will top their set from the '98-'04 set (teal numbers on white).  That was a great uniform. 

No great achievement has been preceded by ”but the Bengals did it.”

IMO, it only works for Cincinnati (and the Rams for these same reasons) because the effect, while non-traditional, is clean, simple, and cleverly stylized. I don't think you could pull off jaguar spots with comparable subtlety, lest we be subjected to diamond plate-patterned silver Steelers lids, ombre'd feathers for bird teams, or, like, a Lions Mane.

Archived