SportsSquatch.com stealing designs for profit

T-ROY

So I saw a re-tweet from their Twitter account and decided to check out what the account was about. Turns out they do their own jerseys and I was perusing through them and I ended up finding a design I did a while back with the custom logo I did for the concept. Went to their page and found a bunch more stolen concepts. Here's a list of every one I could find.

Argentina (David Parkinson) - Home Away 3rd

University of Arizona (Kevin W.) - Away

Arizona State (Kevin W) - 4th

Australia (kiwi_canadian) - Home Away

Baltimore Blades logo (BBBDDD) - Logo 1 Logo 2

Brazil Home (John Rafael) - Home

Brazil Away (John Rafael) - Away

Brooklyn Americans (Artden) - Home

California Golden Seals (Tim E. O'Brien) - Home Away 3rd

California Golden Seals (Mike Sweezey) - Home

California Golden Seals (Brandon C.)Home Away

Canada 3rd (Steven Grant) - 3rd

Canada 3rd (Ryan Haslett) - 3rd

Canada 3rd (NB14) - 3rd

Colorado Avalanche logo (Matthew Duke) - Logo 1 Logo 2

Flint Tropics (John Turcotte) - Home Away

France (Stephen Truman) - Home Away

Germany (Robb Clarke) - Home Away

Greece (Mike Sweezey) - Home

Hamilton Tigers (Justin Cox) - Home Away 3rd

Ireland (Matt Ruck) - Home Away

Italy (Mike Sweezey) - Home Away

Japan (Alan John Herbert) - Away

Japan (Alan John Herbert) - Home

Kazakhstan Home (Brendan Anderson) - Home

Kazakhstan Away (Brendan Anderson) - Away

Los Pollos Hermanos (Geeky Jerseys) - Jersey

Portland Rosebuds (William Butala) - Home Away

Slovakia (Stephen Truman) - Home Away

Slovenia (Eric Westhaver) - Home Away

South Africa (Justin Sulpico) - Home

Sweden 3rd (Eric Westhaver) - 3rd

Switzerland Home (Brady Sufat) - Home

United Kingdom (kiwi_canadian) - Home Away

USA (Taylor Roy (me)) - Home Away

USA (Brandon C.) - Home

USA (David Parkinson) - Home Away

USA 3rd (Ryan Haslett) - 3rd

USA 3rd (unknown) - 3rd 1 3rd 2 3rd 3

USSR (Stephen Truman) - Jersey

He also has a bunch of Star Wars themed jerseys on the site with stolen artwork for the logos.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

All designs and images are property of Sports Squatch.

LOL, at least Jack Moore left his name on it for posterity.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

You should look through mentions of @sportssquatch on Twitter.  Lots and lots of unsatisfied customers.  It also looks like they held a contest to supply a team with jerseys, then never completed the job and disappeared without explanation.  Real classy stuff.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

It looks like he's the one who did the new FHL logo and the partnership makes perfect sense.

Nope, that was Scott Markiewicz. On their site, it seems as though they entered into some sort of partnership with the FHL. 

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I know this has been brought up before about stealing artists' designs. I thought about putting a few on here before and even if I put watermarks and trademarks on it, somebody is going to find a slick way to say it is theirs by some loophole. I came to this board years ago when I found out there were people who were just like me I was excited, but this is part of the game now. We're screwed anyway we go.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

• 1 month later...

So why hasn't anyone hit this D-bag with a C&D? I get that a lot of these aren't being sold elsewhere, but there are some pretty brazen thefts. 

One that really sticks out is the Pollos Hermanos that Geeky Jerseys does.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Every time I look at that site I laugh at it. That site is a joke I mean would you buy my team Japan jerseys with a logo that was made from MS Paint? I thought of letting anyone know about this, but with the price of $99.00 (now $64.99) I say nah. Beside with those prices, and unhappy customers this site with fall apart and karma will bite him in the butt.

P.S. Sports Squatch use to be called Hockey Yeti.

• 1 month later...

Yeah this guy sucks. Stole a few of my designs too. If you call him out on it he really doesn't give a damn. He even used a cropped image of my actual jersey design when he was tweeting "new design coming soon"  Noticed he changed the name a while back. Seems he is stealing the 501st legions logo too. I'm sure they would not be too happy about that.

• 1 year later...
  • Atomic locked this topic

Archived