Starting Lineup Figures Back in 2016!

C-Squared

The old-school versions are still pretty popular sellers, though I haven't bought one in about 20 years.  McFarlanes were the ultimate upgrade to these.  Pretty cool to see them make a comeback.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

When the Bucs originally announced this last week, I read somewhere that is ounded like a company that makes promo items for teams (thundersticks, bobbleheads, etc) bought the rights and will go that route.

Note the Frontier logo on the figures right foot..

I loved these, as a kid. Lost my whole collection in a housefire, back in '03. I think that buying the company, to do strictly as promos, is actually kind of brilliant. These could be a popular ebay item, as well.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Dreamchild of former Bengals punter, and smartest guy to ever play in the NFL, Pat McInally (only perfect score in the history of the wonderlic test).

The quality was never great. They had a hard time with precise details which is why the pinstriped baseball teams just wore white uniforms and the stripes on the football pants were 3 stripe approximations of what the teams actually wore. 

This one was my favorite: 

IMG_2352.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

19 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Dreamchild of former Bengals punter, and smartest guy to ever play in the NFL, Pat McInally (only perfect score in the history of the wonderlic test).

The quality was never great. They had a hard time with precise details which is why the pinstriped baseball teams just wore white uniforms and the stripes on the football pants were 3 stripe approximations of what the teams actually wore. 

This one was my favorite: 

IMG_2352.jpg

I have that exact one. I have so many obscure ones as well.

That Gretzky one is awesome. I see it is from 2000 which explains why it nailed the three-layer sleeve numbers (compared with the Boomer one, which could not even get a stroke on the front number).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I have a ton of these as well. Do they hold any value? They are stored at my parents house, so I threw them on Craig's list last summer and only got one inquiry. After my parents gave away my old Star Wars guys (yeah those old ones), I threw a fit and don't want to get burned again.

KISSwall09.jpg

2 hours ago, UncleJunior said:

Nice! Everything old is new again.  These throw me back to the late 80's, high school and the days of playing Tecmo Bowl on my Nintendo.
NjFnOUD.jpg

This isn't a true throwback until you photoshop "QB Eagles" as his name. LOL

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

3 minutes ago, hormone said:

I have a ton of these as well. Do they hold any value? They are stored at my parents house, so I threw them on Craig's list last summer and only got one inquiry. After my parents gave away my old Star Wars guys (yeah those old ones), I threw a fit and don't want to get burned again.

To my knowledge, only the rarer finds hold value....even then they have to be in mint condition and unopened. 

Here's a small article about their overall worth.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

A lot of sports fans would rather not be reminded of it, but the beanie babies promotions of the late 90's and early 2000's were mutually beneficial for teams and Ty. 

I doubt Starting Lineup could ever gain that kind of traction, but these could potentially become a popular collector's item and breathe life into the value of the old ones. 

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Archived