MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

4 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

image.jpeg

I really love this hat and it makes me wish the Rays would dump dark blue.

Add some medium-to-light green to the set...

The Rays would look pretty sweet with this color palette (maybe with a shade darker green):  http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/253713922015/NCAA_Womens_Final_Four/2015/Primary_Logo

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

image.jpeg

I feel like the dark blue is needed or else it's just too bright. The dark blue provides the contrast. Could the dark blue be toned down and the Columbia blue increased more? Definitely. 

49 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I feel like the dark blue is needed or else it's just too bright. The dark blue provides the contrast. Could the dark blue be toned down and the Columbia blue increased more? Definitely. 

The Rays should just wear hunter green and Columbia blue.

15 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

image.jpeg

I don't love the hat because the sun ray logo looks really stupid on its own.  However, I would be curious to see what the Rays would look like using only the Columbia Blue . . . maybe with some dark green accents as suggested.  It sounds sort of Tulane-esque, but with the emphasis on the blue.

13 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

I've always thought that the Rays should wear Caribbean green. 

Okay, that's a color that was never part of my Crayola 64 packs.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

6 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

052707RVs07.jpgGettyImages-50815790.0.0.jpg

This was the right direction. The problem was both their colors were too dark and they inexplicably wore black batting helmets all the time. 

Underrated color scheme. With tweaks this could have been excellent. The black helmets and caps were atrocious though. There was no need for any black with this set.

I would love the Rays to go with a Tulane-style forest green and columbia blue color scheme. It would be unique not only in MLB, but throughout the entire Big 4 leagues, and it's a gorgeous color scheme. Would effectively incorporate their pre-2008 and post-2008 looks as well.

That said, I do agree with you, @AstroBull21: I don't think the Rays will ever call back to anything that is from the 1998 to 2007 era. The double blue is probably ensconced permanently, which I'd be fine with if they made columbia blue the primary color.

4 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

What dark green and Columbia blue would look like when used properly.

7366_daytona_tortugas-cap-2015.png

52 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Coming from a Rays fan, the double blue era will remain as anything prior relates to lack of success.

What if they found a way to combine the two:

IMG_5013.PNG

1 hour ago, Ray Lankford said:

Teal is darker. I guess it's kind of like the difference between the current Dolphins jerseys and the throwbacks.

We're just talking vocabulary I know but I associate teal with the 1993 Marlins and the current Dolphins. The darker teal of the Dolphins throwbacks is what I'd call aqua. Caribbean green is closer to a pale lime green to me.

Image result for 1993 marlins jerseysImage result for dolphins throwback jerseysImage result for caribbean green

For me, I'd just be happy if they started to prioritize the manta ray-based identity over the current ray of sunlight-based one.  I get that they're going for a "double meaning" of sorts, but a ray of sunlight just isn't interesting enough to me.

I've always felt their sleeve patch is the best logo in their current set:
2digxu8bqff4b3nek2uago22f.gif

Archived