2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Kaz said:

I'd be half surprised if Baez doesn't swing when the pitcher throws to first

Javy couldn't hit a beach ball right now -- but his amazing infield work will forever keep him in the lineup.

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

Javy couldn't hit a beach ball right now -- but his amazing infield work will forever keep him in the lineup.

He's completely lost out there.  To the point where you're better off letting a DH hit in his spot and bat your pitcher. 

If Chapman can get out of the 9th, that is.  Which is not guaranteed whatsoever.  My butthole is closed.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The fact that the barely-hitting Cubs escaped getting swept at Wrigley was entirely on Schwarber not being in the lineup.  Losing that bat was all Cleveland could've hoped for and they're still a breath away from taking it.  

We've got a series now, at least.  Let's see what happens.  My butthole is open now.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

OK, Cubs fans got to see a World Series win at Wrigley. Now it's time for the Indians to finish this thing in Cleveland. Honestly, I'm very confident. The Cubs needed a great start from their ace and damned near three innings from their closer to get a one run win. I'm happy to take my chances on getting one out of two in Cleveland. 

BB52Big.jpg

8 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

That was my thought as well.  I'd rather try to add on to my lead with an actual hitter and get three outs with a fresh arm instead of hoping Chapman makes contact and send him back for his third inning.

I'm with you on this. It may have ultimately worked out but it's not a call I would have made.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

1 minute ago, crashcarson15 said:

Back in Cleveland on Tuesday night with Josh Tomlin on the bump to win the World Series. I like how that sounds.

Sure, sounds great.

Then you have the guy who almost no-hit us on the mound for them, and you'll understand why this won't be a cake walk.

Cleveland sports for life!
"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind." -The Doctor

Just now, EvilChameleon said:

Sure, sounds great.

Then you have the guy who almost no-hit us on the mound for them, and you'll understand why this won't be a cake walk.

Of course it won’t be. We’ve had very few cake walk wins this postseason.

But heading into Game 5 in Toronto, it was all about how we couldn’t win the pitching matchup. I liked how that one worked out.

There hasn’t been a reason to doubt this team all October. Why do it now?

6fQjS3M.png

The Cubs offense has been straight garbage -- YET, the series is somehow 3-2.  Should Javy, KB and the rest of 'em come to life, look out Cleveland!

And oh by the way, Schwarber returns.

GAME ON!

6uXNWAo.png

On 10/29/2016 at 9:58 PM, SabresRule7361 said:

I hope Cleveland blows a 3-1 lead for karma.

I FOUND THE GIF

twitter

20 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Of course it won’t be. We’ve had very few cake walk wins this postseason.

But heading into Game 5 in Toronto, it was all about how we couldn’t win the pitching matchup. I liked how that one worked out.

There hasn’t been a reason to doubt this team all October. Why do it now?

Both teams have a year's worth of reasons to not doubt them, but they've had about 140 years between them that the fanbases have trouble forgetting.

16 minutes ago, Lee Noire said:

It's awesome that these two fan bases get to have this moment, but it sucks it's happening against each other. One has to lose and next year ain't promised. That's rough.

It does.  That FOX video with all the seniors that were waiting for this moment was heartbreaking.  A lot of people going to be crushed after waiting so long.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived