(NHL Playoffs) Rite of Spring 2017: can't go on, no, I'll go on

The_Admiral

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/27/2017 at 8:43 PM, Crabcake47 said:

I have no words. Only deep, venomous hate. 

These words were written about one Sidney Crosby. Maybe you've heard of him. I've thought of and called him soft, a crybaby, spoiled, etc. In case you couldn't tell, I don't exactly like Sidney Crosby. 

But what Matty Niskanen did tonight was unacceptable. You don't injure another player, even if he's your teammate-turned-arch nemesis. Niskanen rightly ejected and will miss some time. I don't approve of that in the slightest. 

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

There you go, @McCarthy.  Penguins have a goal taken away on a challenge after the initial video review was a good goal.

I guess, but it took them three tries to get the call right. That's still not okay. It took them one whistle to wipe out the Blue Jackets tying goal in game five. 

And it was eventually the right call. Ill be happy when something truly egregious goes against them. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I guess, but it took them three tries to get the call right. That's still not okay. It took them one whistle to wipe out the Blue Jackets tying goal in game five. 

And it was eventually the right call. Ill be happy when something truly egregious goes against them. 

:rolleyes:

I'm not sure you'll be satisfied until an opposing player picks up the puck with his hand and throws it into the net.

15 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

These words were written about one Sidney Crosby. Maybe you've heard of him. I've thought of and called him soft, a crybaby, spoiled, etc. In case you couldn't tell, I don't exactly like Sidney Crosby. 

But what Matty Niskanen did tonight was unacceptable. You don't injure another player, even if he's your teammate-turned-arch nemesis. Niskanen rightly ejected and will miss some time. I don't approve of that in the slightest. 

Props for separating your fandom and humanity. I know I don't always do that, especially in a heated playoff game.

NSFCvyu.png

25 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

:rolleyes:

I'm not sure you'll be satisfied until an opposing player picks up the puck with his hand and throws it into the net.

It's the kind of thing the penguins would get away with so sounds about right. Truthfully I won't be happy until a Penguin takes a shot off the eyeball bleeds all over the ice, play isn't whistled, and the other team scores a goal in a high leverage situation. Eye for eye and all that. Literally. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

45 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

I've only seen the replay but it really didn't look all that malicious to me. Nasty hit to the head but didn't seem intentional at least from what I saw.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

7 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

All the Penguins fans who left the building early now learn the game got tied with 2 quick ones at the last minute, they're all trying to rush back into the arena lol.

Bills/Oilers '92 style.

I can see fans with children or fans that have to work in the wee hours of the morning, but a true fan would stick it out till the bitter end. Of course that's just my philosophy ;)

NSFCvyu.png

13 minutes ago, JWhiz96 said:

Bills/Oilers '92 style.

I can see fans with children or fans that have to work in the wee hours of the morning, but a true fan would stick it out till the bitter end. Of course that's just my philosophy ;)

Actually, the ones who exited the building wouldn't be allowed back in, per NHL rules. If they were still within the consession stand areas when the tying goal was scored, they could rush back to their seats if they realize the score before it's too late.

The ones who were out the door, they're out of luck. That's what happens.

Edit: Capitals win quickly in OT. Not much happened afterwards, so meh...

Well, f*** that.

This series now becomes a bummer for me due to Crosby's injury. Niskanen, well, I don't wanna get banned from these boards so I'll just say screw him.

NSFCvyu.png

Oh my for all the blunders Shattenkirk has had in the D-Zone he made up for them with that goal and Nisky won't be suspended it was a unfortunate series of events with Crosby falling but there wasn't a malicious intent to injure him

Siginature.png.90aaa7d86f8ba1448206f0cbc8f97442.pngBahamasBowl_SIG.pngCxpIxxZ.png

Malkin interfered on the tying goal. I don't expect them to call that anywhere especially not 6 on 5. But just putting that out there. 

What's Niskanen supposed to do? Full speed he can't hold himself up and he's bracing for impact. Crosby falls into him and that puts his head in the wrong place. I highly doubt the former penguin would deliberately try to injure Crosby. If anything ovechkin's slashing him on his back was definitely more purposeful. 

it only looks malicious when you slow it down. 

Penguins in six. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah, I see no intent to injure there. Maybe that's my anti-Penguins bias (having a completely biased, loud, annoying Pens fan as a friend might influence that), but neither Niskanen nor Crosby had any time to brace for impact there. It's a damn shame and maybe there was malicious intent there but I have a tough time believing Niskanen was trying to knock him out of the game.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived