Jezus_Ghoti

Changes to Titans uniforms in 2018 are 'not minor'

Recommended Posts

did say that it appeared like the material was dual colored, like one color underneath that was visible through the navy, which would match both the Reddit post and the Dan guy.  

 

The side points would be plausible too, except that I'm not sure if a template allows for it.  They may be trying to mimic a sword, or the bottom of the T logo.  The addition of silver is already known, so that rumor seems to be not as far fetched as many are making it out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

did say that it appeared like the material was dual colored, like one color underneath that was visible through the navy

 

if thats the case, i would guess its just a contrasting base layer; a compression shirt. its not often you see those in anything other than white/black/primary color, but if they mandated say, red to be worn underneath the blue jersey and that was slightly visible through the jerseys perforation? that sounds pretty damn cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, C-Squared said:

 

I think we're reaching the point where the discrediting theories are becoming less plausible than the actual uni descriptions.

Whoever that Reddit guy is has the same access to the same teaser images that we were looking at a couple of pages ago. It isn't meaningful or validating that his premonitions would line up with our speculation because all he needed to do was draw conclusions from the teasers in the same way that some users here did. Its likely, even, that he's read some of the analysis in this thread already because this forum comes up pretty quick when trying to google stuff about upcoming uniforms (that's how I found this place during the last Jags unveiling).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2018 at 11:00 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Almost looks like navy mesh over a silver or Columbia base, creating a chainmale effect. Not to dissimilar than the mustard preds. Not sure it’s even possible with the Nike materials but one of the pics kinda looks like that. 

 

I'm pretty sure this was the image that made me think of the dual-layered thing.  There's red under the mesh on the top left, and then silver below that.  It kinda looks like little diamonds right on the material for that part rather than some kind of underlayer.

 

Actually the more I look at it, those are 3D, so that could be the thing we've "never seen before" on an NFL jersey.

 

29134068_10104309665842312_9080992015566

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Actually the more I look at it, those are 3D, so that could be the thing we've "never seen before" on an NFL jersey.

Isn't the source of the idea that these uniforms will have some "never seen before" thing the now thoroughly discredited Dan Parker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

I'm pretty sure this was the image that made me think of the dual-layered thing.  There's red under the mesh on the top left, and then silver below that.  It kinda looks like little diamonds right on the material for that part rather than some kind of underlayer.

 

Actually the more I look at it, those are 3D, so that could be the thing we've "never seen before" on an NFL jersey.

 

29134068_10104309665842312_9080992015566

That little area is mesh on every Nike VU jersey.. Teams just typically match the material underneath to the mesh, and match them to the collar and/or jersey.. The Titans may be the first team to have contrasting fabric beneath the mesh, but I don't think this is anything groundbreaking.. Seems to be the typical construction of the jersey..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they go too crazy with red contrasting material under a navy mesh, they're just going to be the NFL's second purple team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

If they go too crazy with red contrasting material under a navy mesh, they're just going to be the NFL's second purple team.

I think they'd be the 3rd, but that depends on if you consider the Ravens a black or purple team I suppose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 16, 2018 at 12:34 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

"Dolphins fans are going to be blindsided"

 

LMFAO, no.

 

Playing devil's advocate: What if he just means blindsided because the fanbase mostly has no idea change is coming rather than what the change actually is?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

 

Playing devil's advocate: What if he just means blindsided because the fanbase mostly has no idea change is coming rather than what the change actually is?

 

 

As of now, we know that any changes to dolphins will be minor at best. So nothing that would "blindside" anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gr3g3 said:

 

Playing devil's advocate: What if he just means blindsided because the fanbase mostly has no idea change is coming rather than what the change actually is?

 

 

 

possible. but if no one ever mentioned it, most people probably wouldnt notice. no one will be shocked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

 

possible. but if no one ever mentioned it, most people probably wouldnt notice. no one will be shocked

As I previously stated, I'm calling:

An adjustment to the orange - hopefully increasing its use by slightly thickening the orange stripes and strokes, and possibly saturating it a bit more to avoid the Tennessee Volunteers look from Color Rush.. 

Also, maybe

an adjustment to the dark aqua (navy-ish color) - either the amount used, or possibly substituting the dark grey for it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahaha “discredited”

 

There is no second red layer, you’re looking at the shoulder pads and whatever the shirt is that they’re wearing underneath the picture.

 

Reddit guy does have one thing right, there ARE side panels on this jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DanParker said:

Hahaha “discredited”

 

There is no second red layer, you’re looking at the shoulder pads and whatever the shirt is that they’re wearing underneath the picture.

 

Reddit guy does have one thing right, there ARE side panels on this jersey.

Dude, stop the act. You’ve lost all credibility on here (not that you ever really had any anyways) by not giving any proof that you’re not just full of :censored:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This just in from a friend of a friend who’s brother’s neighbor’s sister works for Reebok, and has a former boss who now works for Nike. Word on the streets (and it would explain the gray color) is that the Titans will use actual fenders from a 2015 Nissan Titan (they had to start the design process at least three years out for this one, so it makes sense) on their new set. It’s definitely something that’s never been done before, and the hope is that the powder coat will stay shiny while also allowing for an extra layer of protection. 

 

Some pretty innovative :censored: Nike has in the works, I tell you what. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Dude, stop the act. You’ve lost all credibility on here (not that you ever really had any anyways) by not giving any proof that you’re not just full of :censored:.

 

Relax, we'll find out in a matter of weeks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bucfan56 said:

This just in from a friend of a friend who’s brother’s neighbor’s sister works for Reebok, and has a former boss who now works for Nike. Word on the streets (and it would explain the gray color) is that the Titans will use actual fenders from a 2015 Nissan Titan (they had to start the design process at least three years out for this one, so it makes sense) on their new set. It’s definitely something that’s never been done before, and the hope is that the powder coat will stay shiny while also allowing for an extra layer of protection. 

 

Some pretty innovative :censored: Nike has in the works, I tell you what. 

 

There are some Nissan factories in Tennessee, right? If so, I can see Nike using actual fenders to get that tie-in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

There are some Nissan factories in Tennessee, right? If so, I can see Nike using actual fenders to get that tie-in...

and they play in Nissan Stadium. It all comes full circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

 

Relax, we'll find out in a matter of weeks.  

As far as I'm concerned? His info about the Jags being entirely discredited and his refusal to show the mod team his "insider information" (which he offered to do) after I accepted his terms proves he's full of it.

 

8 hours ago, DanParker said:

Hahaha “discredited”

 

There is no second red layer, you’re looking at the shoulder pads and whatever the shirt is that they’re wearing underneath the picture.

 

Reddit guy does have one thing right, there ARE side panels on this jersey.

I've asked this several times. Produce the info for the mod team to see, just as you offered to do, or back off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DanParker said:

 you’re looking at the shoulder pads and whatever the shirt is that they’re wearing underneath the picture.

 

 

this is correct. i pulled a jersey this morning to check this out. whatever is behind the collar (shoulder pads) would definitley show through that part around the NFL shield. in the photo in question, there’s nothing new to see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.