MLB changes 2018?

ANGELCAT-IDA61

55 minutes ago, Bill81361 said:

Well, it's a look that worked for Baltimore decades ago, and I wish they went back to it.

8c21e78c0d28f842609c1366a3bed290.jpg

The Orioles also looked great when they had a contrasting front number.

brady-anderson-of-the-baltimore-orioles-

While I am generally against coloured jerseys in baseball*, the contrasting front number on this blue Nationals jersey is beautiful.  I just wish the shirt were merely a warmup rather than part of the game uniform.

* Exceptions: the green jersey and the yellow jersey of the 1970s A's; the blue collared jersey of the late-70s / early-80s White Sox (though the white one was nicer, and the collar should have gone all around the shirt); the orange pullover of the Giants in the late 70s (but not the black one); the royal blue jersey that was part of the all-blue road uniform of the Royals, especially when it went to button-down in the mid-1980s.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

Why the steep angle upward? Just move the number slightly lower, like the Mets jerseys, and the angle would be so much better.

Has nothing to do with the number. The Royals' number is at the same spot with the script more level, while the A's number is lower with a more upward script.

See the source image

See the source image

18 minutes ago, daveindc said:

Has nothing to do with the number. The Royals' number is at the same spot with the script more level, while the A's number is lower with a more upward script"

See the source image

See the source image

hmm, true. With that the the issue could be how Italicized the word mark is. Angle I bit more to the right the they seem more up and down it could look better. Right now it looks like its falling backwards lol

On 12/16/2017 at 12:35 AM, Frylock said:

I have felt this way for some time, although not specifically about the Nationals. Any team that sets their front number below a parallel point with a singular chest logo looks absolutely bush league. It looks as if the t-shirt shop that heat pressed the letters and numbers on their little league jerseys didn't know what they were doing.

Yeesh, I just went on an old man rant, didn't I?

Hey, I love old man rants.  Preach on.  

9 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

hmm, true. With that the the issue could be how Italicized the word mark is. Angle I bit more to the right the they seem more up and down it could look better. Right now it looks like its falling backwards lol

It looks like they were trying to keep the "i" and the "o" off the placket.  

42 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

This feels like an interesting 2018 baseball uniform tidbit that people on here would appreciate knowing...

Phillies right-hander Pat Neshek will wear No. 93. He will be the first player in baseball history to wear it.

from mlb.com

32 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

by choice? lol

With Aaron Judge having normalised no. 99, we're going to see a lot more of this sort of thing.

13 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

With Aaron Judge having normalised no. 99, we're going to see a lot more of this sort of thing.

Considering with how many numbers the Yankees have retired Judge probably didn't have much of a choice. 

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

When I think of 99, I first think Mitch Williams, Turk Wendell, So Taguchi, and that's just the Phillies!  

I absolutely hate it on a baseball jersey, but it's pretty normal - or at least not abnormal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, HighCheese said:

Manny Ramirez

I would say that Ramirez is much more strongly associated with no. 24. (Which is kind of annoying, because the real Red Sox no. 24 is Dwight Evans.) 

7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

When I think of 99, I first think Mitch Williams, Turk Wendell, So Taguchi, and that's just the Phillies!  

I absolutely hate it on a baseball jersey, but it's pretty normal - or at least not abnormal.

35 minutes ago, hormone said:

Baseball number 99. Rick “wild thing” Vaughn. Case closed 

Good point about Mitch Williams, who got the idea of wearing no. 99 from the movie character.

Still, even after Williams and Ramirez, a player wearing no. 99 or any number in the 90s had been pretty rare. But that number coming to the Yankees takes it to, as Keegan-Michael Key used to say, the HNL. I have the sinking feeling that, on account of no. 99 being worn by a Yankee, we're now on the way to numbers in the 90s becoming commonplace.

On 12/13/2017 at 7:54 AM, AstroBull21 said:

That's a big crock of crap.  If they're using seat color at Petco as the reason, they're delusional.

Many ballparks have seats that don't match the color of the team.  PNC Park, Citi Field, ATT Park, and Dodger Stadium all come to mind.

Cue the lack of demand for ivy green Cubs uniforms :D 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 12/15/2017 at 9:51 AM, tohasbo said:

Unless one is being replaced.  I'm going to assume it will be a road red alternate or a red "patriotic" jersey

Ypw29sK.png

So that's what it is.  But when I clicked on the link, it reverted back to the blue Stars and Stripes jersey 

Adding a new jersey whose primary color is not a team color ... what a great idea. ?

Peeps have wanted a Nats' script jersey for years, but why bother introducing one in white, red or blue? ?

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived