College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, walkerws said:

Kent State picked this up too. It's not obnoxious and it let's the kids have personal pride in where they are from.  

Baylor places the area code inside a sticker on the back of the helmet.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/7/2018 at 10:18 AM, BJ Sands said:

I like Pitt’s throwback color scheme but I don’t like how the stripe weights are different on the pants and helmets. No reason for that. 

5bb93177f3ff6.image.jpg?resize=1200,1439

All signs are pointing to Pitt changing to these colors for all sports sometime this summer, if they do all these uniforms need are a few tweaks to the stripes and they're good to go. 

13 minutes ago, ltp74 said:

All signs are pointing to Pitt changing to these colors for all sports sometime this summer, if they do all these uniforms need are a few tweaks to the stripes and they're good to go. 

Add the Dan Marino era sleeve stripes and they're good to go.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Gorgeous new fauxback alternate uniforms for Oregon State, to go along with the already-unveiled Retro Benny helmets:

This is pretty much exactly wnat their next set should look like IMO, though chances are they’d swap out the Retro Benny logo for the current logo if they did end up making something like this the full time look in the future. Their current set, while still a pretty solid look, just has a few too many bells and whistles for my liking, whereas this new fauxback alternate uniform is a more classic look and one that’s more directly inspired by the Giant Killers look. The Retro Benny logo is a nice tough as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

40 minutes ago, ltp74 said:

True, but I can see Nike mucking that up.

But the Marino sleeve stripes are on the regular home and road set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 10/7/2018 at 6:04 AM, Tracy MidGrady said:

UCF does this too

6 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Not anymore, I don’t think. Looks like it’s a Scott Frost thing. 

Correct.  Nebraska has never worn area codes on the helmets before.  Frost did it at UCF and his staff brought the idea with them to Lincoln.

I'm a bit of a traditionalist, but this is a small change I don't mind too much.  Plus, the players seem to like it.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Gorgeous new fauxback alternate uniforms for Oregon State, to go along with the already-unveiled Retro Benny helmets:

This is pretty much exactly wnat their next set should look like IMO, though chances are they’d swap out the Retro Benny logo for the current logo if they did end up making something like this the full time look in the future. Their current set, while still a pretty solid look, just has a few too many bells and whistles for my liking, whereas this new fauxback alternate uniform is a more classic look and one that’s more directly inspired by the Giant Killers look. The Retro Benny logo is a nice tough as well.

Definitely a call back to the "Giant Killers" Pro Combat uni. Beavs looked good when Oregon smoked them on the way to the natty.

107330627_original.jpg?1301437905

It is homecoming week for Cal so I expect the Joe Roth throwbacks to be worn vs, UCLA. We play Stanford at home as well on 11/17 so that is also a possible date for the Joe Roth throwbacks if they arent worn this week 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

54 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Louisville has new uniforms for their Oct. 27th game against Wake Forest that honors Fort Knox, the military base that holds the country's gold reserves:

adidas x Louisville_HardKnox_13.jpg

adidas x Louisville_HardKnox_01.jpg

adidas x Louisville_HardKnox_06.jpg

The most restrained MFMS uniform ever. And it looks better than their regular uniform. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Is the bottom of that jersey ribbed like a sweater? Interesting.

All that aside, this Louisville font. I've been looking at this for about the past five years, all that time I spent studying it up close (believe it or not one of the steel places I used to deliver to literally sits on the edge of Cardinal Stadium's parking lot!), and although I want to like it, something about it just bothers me...something I can't quite put a finger on.

Actually, yes I can...that letter "S" may be it; it just does not fit at all with the rest of those letters. Perhaps maybe they designed it that way on purpose to stand out even though it's silent. (My mind wonders about things like that.) As for the numbers... actually I think the entire set can stand to be thinned out a lot more than what it is, because from a distance and especially when outlined, the characters read like one big blob. This essentially is the issue the '97 preseason Jacksonville Jaguars were faced with, except they retooled theirs. Louisville can stand to retool theirs, as well.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Buc said:

Is the bottom of that jersey ribbed like a sweater? Interesting.

All that aside, this Louisville font. I've been looking at this for about the past five years, all that time I spent studying it up close (believe it or not one of the steel places I used to deliver to literally sits on the edge of Cardinal Stadium's parking lot!), and although I want to like it, something about it just bothers me...something I can't quite put a finger on.

Actually, yes I can...that letter "S" may be it; it just does not fit at all with the rest of those letters. Perhaps maybe they designed it that way on purpose to stand out even though it's silent. (My mind wonders about things like that.) As for the numbers... actually I think the entire set can stand to be thinned out a lot more than what it is, because from a distance and especially when outlined, the characters read like one big blob. This essentially is the issue the '97 preseason Jacksonville Jaguars were faced with, except they retooled theirs. Louisville can stand to retool theirs, as well.

Maybe an interior line, so W/R/G? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, Webfooter said:

Louisville has new uniforms for their Oct. 27th game against Wake Forest that honors Fort Knox, the military base that holds the country's gold reserves:

adidas x Louisville_HardKnox_01.jpg

Is it me or is the bottom of VILLE lower than the bottom of LOUIS?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived