College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

I may have missed it, but i believe florida tweaked the stripes onthe orange pants to match the orange jersey. 

Yes that happened 2 years ago, and was a big mistake to match it to the jersey rather than changing the jersey to match the pants and helmet

2 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Yeah they should never wear the red helmets with anything other than white facemasks. 

I may have missed it, but i believe florida tweaked the stripes onthe orange pants to match the orange jersey. 

I believe the change happened last year.  Here's Saturdays game against Mississippi State...

florida-jumping-msu-gfb-650x300.jpg

and 2017 against Kentucky...

florida-gators-celebrating-kentucky.jpg

versus 2016 vs Kentucky... 

Luke+Del+Rio+Kentucky+v+Florida+Qjn-kexJ

Frankly, I would rather they had ditched the orange jersey or changed the striping on it than on the pants since now the pants dont match the helmet. 

IUe6Hvh.png

Virginia Tech going All Maroon Saturday night against Notre Dame. This time, with the new matte maroon helmet. All Maroon is a fan favorite, and its also supposed to be a stripe the stadium event, although I'm skeptical with how that will work. 

3 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

Virginia Tech going All Maroon Saturday night against Notre Dame. This time, with the new matte maroon helmet. All Maroon is a fan favorite, and its also supposed to be a stripe the stadium event, although I'm skeptical with how that will work. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they laid out t-shirts for those sections as well. It's the easiest way to amke sure they are all on point and they don't need to be anything decent, just something with the game and date on it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/3/2018 at 2:40 AM, See Red said:

Orange-blue-blue for Florida this week (which has actually been known since last week) as they "blue out the swamp."

DobKHXnW0AM8nCu.jpg

I like this combo.

About this.  It's not actually clear what helmet Florida will wear because while it seems the intention was to wear orange, Florida's equipment truck (or trailer, more appropriately) caught on fire heading home from Starkville, causing this...

e29ce4ceb7cbcfcf74bebc165443b848

I don't know how many helmets were lost or how many a program would typically have to begin with.  But I guess we will see.

IUe6Hvh.png

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they laid out t-shirts for those sections as well. It's the easiest way to amke sure they are all on point and they don't need to be anything decent, just something with the game and date on it. 

They arent, unfortunately. They’ve been selling the ‘hokie effect’ shirts in both Maroon and orange for Saturday’s game. The Alumni section/season ticket holders on the home side is notorious for wearing maroon only, even when they call for the orange effect. 

2 minutes ago, OaklandIsBack said:

I like the opposite look vs Stanford's white-cardinal-white

I don’t. There’ll just be way too much red IMO. Don’t get me wrong, red/white/red is a pretty solid and traditional road look for the Utes, but with how often they’re mixing and matching these days it just seems like a really puzzling decision to wear it on the road against Stanford, who, assuming they don’t break out the black alts, will be in their traditional cardinal tops. If I were the Utes I would’ve gone red/white/red last week in Pullman since the Cougs went grey/anthracite/grey, and gone with the black helmets and/or pants this week down at the Farm.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I don’t. There’ll just be way too much red IMO. Don’t get me wrong, red/white/red is a pretty solid and traditional road look for the Utes, but with how often they’re mixing and matching these days it just seems like a really puzzling decision to wear it on the road against Stanford, who, assuming they don’t break out the black alts, will be in their traditional cardinal tops. If I were the Utes I would’ve gone red/white/red last week in Pullman since the Cougs went grey/anthracite/grey, and gone with the black helmets and/or pants this week down at the Farm.

This guy gets it. I remember watching Arkansas State in white-black-white vs. South Alabama in matte navy-white-navy, and it was weirdly confusing to watch. It was almost like watching a negative version of each team.

6 hours ago, See Red said:

About this.  It's not actually clear what helmet Florida will wear because while it seems the intention was to wear orange, Florida's equipment truck (or trailer, more appropriately) caught on fire heading home from Starkville, causing this...

e29ce4ceb7cbcfcf74bebc165443b848

I don't know how many helmets were lost or how many a program would typically have to begin with.  But I guess we will see.

Isn’t this exactly the joke that we kept making about the Jaguars old helmets?

Oregon State is going all-black again tomorrow vs. WSU:

Dos8JSmUwAA64sB?format=jpg

So far this season they’ve yet to deviate from wearing all-black at home and all-white on the road.

Arizona State is going maroon/white/maroon at Colorado:

5bb3cb916e1f5.image.jpg?resize=300,636

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived