NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

42 minutes ago, kabbey520 said:

All white or all gold please!

All white would be nice, but not really an alternate since they already have a white jersey (and white pants, too, as of this year).

A gold jersey would be OK, but not with gold pants... yeesh.  Gold jersey with white or red pants could be interesting.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that article may be reading too much into the 49ers black jerseys. There are essentially 4 uniform designations. Not including pants and socks, teams usually have a home, road, alternate, and Color Rush jersey (which may be the same as the alternate for a few teams). The 49ers are one of those few teams. They only have the scarlet, white, and black jerseys. They could likely introduce a 4th uniform as the alternate and keep the black strictly Color Rush. Or they could do the opposite and use black as the alt while introducing another Color Rush (perhaps all white as has been rumored. Wouldn’t be another jersey, but would definitely be a different look). I didn’t read that article and take anything away from it suggesting that the black was definitely on its way out.

26 minutes ago, insert name said:

Not sure where those rumors about the Jets teasing new uniforms came from? I didn't hear about this till yesterday. 

Darron Lee and Jamal Adams on Twitter. Lee was on a #jetsnewunis campaign on Twitter for a period of time and Adams had a couple tweets and reposted a decent (imo) concept that was posted in this thread a while ago. This got people into a frenzy on the internet assuming the Jets were sure to change their jerseys. Lee also tweeted that something was going to happen/be announced tonight at the Taste of the Jets fundraiser, but nothing did, leading people to assume that an announcement was postponed.

Chris and sportslogos.net seem to be in the know and people here also seem to be in the know or know where to look for uniform news and I don't remember any Jets jersey or logo change news at all.

So was this a case of the Jets postponing a concrete jersey change announcement after somehow keeping it a secret from everybody, or people conjecturing and creating a confirmed jersey change based on the tweets from two players and the internet building rumors based on other rumors? (I'm leaning to the latter).

IbjBaeE.png

8 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Darron Lee and Jamal Adams on Twitter. Lee was on a #jetsnewunis campaign on Twitter for a period of time and Adams had a couple tweets and reposted a decent (imo) concept that was posted in this thread a while ago. This got people into a frenzy on the internet assuming the Jets were sure to change their jerseys. Lee also tweeted that something was going to happen/be announced tonight at the Taste of the Jets fundraiser, but nothing did, leading people to assume that an announcement was postponed.

Chris and sportslogos.net seem to be in the know and people here also seem to be in the know or know where to look for uniform news and I don't remember any Jets jersey or logo change news at all.

So was this a case of the Jets postponing a concrete jersey change announcement after somehow keeping it a secret from everybody, or people conjecturing and creating a confirmed jersey change based on the tweets from two players and the internet building rumors based on other rumors? (I'm leaning to the latter).

I think if it was a full on permanent home/away uni change it would've been almost impossible to keep a lid on it. Especially for a NY team. Other than maybe tiny tweaks I don't think anything was ever in the works or coming down the pike. 

13 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I think if it was a full on permanent home/away uni change it would've been almost impossible to keep a lid on it. Especially for a NY team. Other than maybe tiny tweaks I don't think anything was ever in the works or coming down the pike. 

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

IbjBaeE.png

18 hours ago, JagAaron33 said:

Niners are euthanizing their black alts and unveiling a new alt for next year.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/5/17/17364882/49ers-new-alternate-uniforms-2018-replacing-black

All white?  All gold?  Throwback?  Anything's better than that black thing.

Based on that news of them having white pants, there's only one logical conclusion....

01.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

21 hours ago, JagAaron33 said:

Niners are euthanizing their black alts

It was the humane thing to do.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

2 minutes ago, KGeeX5 said:

I'm guessing no announcement the Jets last night? Was there even anything planned on being announced? 

nothing announced. doesn't seem like anything was hinted at. lots of fans were giving darron lee a tough time on twitter last night. basically, from his tweets (https://twitter.com/DLeeMG8/status/997301565592604672), it seems like the jets have something in the works, but aren't ready to announce anything.

people got worked up that they'd unveil a full redesign last night, and that was never realistic. they may still have an alt in the works, but i don't know for sure. there's enough smoke here that the jets are likely going to change SOMETHING in next year or two, but still lots of uncertainty around the situation.

4 minutes ago, baymenxpac said:

nothing announced. doesn't seem like anything was hinted at. lots of fans were giving darron lee a tough time on twitter last night. basically, from his tweets (https://twitter.com/DLeeMG8/status/997301565592604672), it seems like the jets have something in the works, but aren't ready to announce anything.

people got worked up that they'd unveil a full redesign last night, and that was never realistic. they may still have an alt in the works, but i don't know for sure. there's enough smoke here that the jets are likely going to change SOMETHING in next year or two, but still lots of uncertainty around the situation.

Yeah, thats what i figured. I never expected a full redesign with only Lee and Adams being the only ones talking about it. What the did do is at least show the front office that the fans would welcome a change so hopefully some new uniforms for the Darnold era. *crosses fingers*

15 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I think the color rush jerseys are being altered a tad and are becoming alternates from what I have heard.

1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

So you have seen the new white pants?

I have not. So I might be incredibly wrong. I may have made a huge mistake thinking the photoshopped pants on Goodwin were essentially what they'll look like. To me, the two red stripes with no black made the most logical sense...but who knows.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I think the color rush jerseys are being altered a tad and are becoming alternates from what I have heard.

It's certainly a possibility. When I went to the Jets draft party they had the Jets uniforms being worn on NFL player mannequins in the locker room and the color rush uni was included...so they do have plans for it this year. I don't love the green on green though but I've gotten used to seeing it. I just hope the white on white with the white facemasks aren't gone for good

Fans have wanted the 80's look back as a throwback for quite a while. I'm starting to think it may never happen 

Archived