NFL 2018 changes

msubulldog

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/5/2018 at 4:27 PM, Gothamite said:

The Cardinals sometimes do that too, putting their backwards helmet logo on the coaches’ gear. Fortunately, most teams only use theirs in the one place they absolutely have to.  

97423-9998313Fr.jpg

Jerry Glanville used to wear the falcon backwards when he was coach 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

2 hours ago, scraw28 said:

97423-9998313Fr.jpg

That's one instance where the logo would look better facing away.  Maybe because it's an F (which I'm pretty sure is legit, unlike the silly claims that there's an E in the Eagles logo) but it only works facing right.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Provide evidence otherwise. I’m serious. 

I don’t want to derail this thread from the topic at hand. Also, I don’t want to appear as though I’m attacking you, as I have no issue with you at all whatsoever. So, with respect, I’ll decline. 

8 hours ago, Bill81361 said:

Objective evidence for a subjective statement?  This should be good.

QFT. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

19 hours ago, Chapeeko said:

Not sure if this should go here, but I found this picture too awesome not to share. I love the color balance of the league as a whole at this time (1961).

life-14-nfl-quarterbacks-1961-color.jpg?

Someone needs to recreate this today. That would be awesome to see.

17 hours ago, scraw28 said:

97423-9998313Fr.jpg

This is often done not for aesthetics, but because the team prefers that their logo not face the armpit or crotch on apparel. That’s why the cardinal faces toward the center on the left side of a polo, but it faces out toward the hip when it’s placed on the front of the left leg of a pant.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 5/4/2018 at 2:05 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Huh? Semi-pregnant? Sorta unique?

One either is or isn't.

Yes, semi-monochrome. When the 49ers wear black they are not fully monochrome because the helmet is gold.

20150914__49ERSVIKES2.jpg?w=457

But if they Vikings wore all purple, then they are technically monochrome. 

1383199506000-AP-Packers-Vikings-Footbal

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Yes, semi-monochrome. When the 49ers wear black they are not fully monochrome because the helmet is gold.

20150914__49ERSVIKES2.jpg?w=457

But if they Vikings wore all purple, then they are technically monochrome. 

1383199506000-AP-Packers-Vikings-Footbal

For the record, at least 90% of the posters here would refer to both of this uniforms as monochrome.  The term monochrome is just CCSLC short hand for "jersey's and pants are the same color".

3 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

For the record, at least 90% of the posters here would refer to both of this uniforms as monochrome.  The term monochrome is just CCSLC short hand for "jersey's and pants are the same color".

I agree with OldSchool, but I have never or will I associate the two uniforms as being monochrome. 

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I use it as shorthand for "jerseys and pants are the same color, unless they're both white, because that looks good and monochrome by definition really has to suck."  

You can see why I need a shorthand.  :P 

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I use it as shorthand for "jerseys and pants are the same color, unless they're both white, because that looks good and monochrome by definition really has to suck."  

Exactly.  No need for multiple qualifiers... "monochrome except..." or "monochrome including..." or "semi-monochrome"...

If the pants and jersey of a football uniform (particularly an NFL team, or non-second tier CFB team) are the same non-white color, the uniform sucks.  You could argue that if  the socks match too, it's even worse, but it's all just degrees of sucktitude.  Just say monochrome... you know what I mean... don't make me type more. 

50 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I also hate it when they are both white.  I've never quite understood why white-on-white is good but color-on-color is bad.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

39 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Would just like to point out that monochrome doesn't always have to lack the color balance it needs to avoid being garish.

Alex+Green+Oakland+Raiders+v+New+York+Je

Maybe that isn't "garish," but it's still the worst possible combo of the Jets' current uniform set. Even when it's not horrible, it's still not as good as it could be.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

5 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I also hate it when they are both white.  I've never quite understood why white-on-white is good but color-on-color is bad.

Same. To me white on white makes me think of practice uniforms. On game day wear some GD team colored pants!

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived