XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

I think the opposite.  Don’t use the same colors as NFL teams in those markets.  Go for something unique that does not remind people of their past or current NFL teams.  But, it is all speculation at this point.  If I had to put money on any Inwould say Red-Blue-Silver and DC is the most likely just because of the nation’s capital thing.  

32 minutes ago, Wings said:

Kind of hoping New York is the black & grey color scheme with Gargoyles or Gothics as a nickname. Would be unique. 

Not really, but Seattle and green is kind of a minor version of Pittsburgh with black & yellow.  That did not stop the USFL though. They went purple, orange and grey in Pittsburgh, so maybe Seattle is the red & white team.  

On 8/17/2019 at 6:42 PM, jus2damcrazey219 said:

Too much red. 😕

20 hours ago, Volt said:

Seattle Dragons:  looks like 2 shades of Green + Navy + a little Orange.  That could get a little 90’s ish.

Tampa ?:  they just went and matched the Bucs.  Odd, but makes some sense.  I was hoping for Tennessee/Creamsicle Orange + Black + Gray, similar to what Oklahoma State used to do.  The Red is just too much.

spacer.png

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Just release the logos already. Anybody who’s into football is either tuning in to the No Fun League’s preseason or getting jacked up for college football. Nobody has cared about secondary football leagues since the AAF(predictably) collapsed 

• Like 1

Okay, so THAT has to be Seattle...and I like it.  Kelly Green + Lime Green + Yellow Gold.  Sweet.

That means what I thought was Seattle before with the Green + Navy + Orange is someone else.  New York?  Although Royal/White/Silver would be a viable New York scheme, even though it's just a Red short of being the Giants.

Hopefully in 24 hours we'll know.  I do like that 

8 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I really hope that the two tone green and yellow will be some kind of insect themed team. That would be awesome!

Side thought, how many insect themed teams do we have anyway?

I know that the NFL has only had one in their history-the Frankford Yellow Jackets (played from 1924-1931, won the 1926 NFL title).

• Like 1

bYhYmxh.png

With all 8 images released, and likely logos announced tomorrow.  Here are my predictions:

spacer.png  Dallas (Something to do with storms or a hawk?)

spacer.png  New York (Gargoyles, Night imagey, bat, spider, etc.)

spacer.png  Tampa Bay (Tropics, Crocs, etc.)

spacer.png  Houston (Something oil/fire related)

spacer.png  Washington (Warbirds?)

spacer.png  St. Louis (Archers?)

spacer.png  Seattle (Surge? Dragons?)

spacer.png  LA (a bird? Angel? Swords?)

• Like 2

I think the green/orange logo is the viper, and I bet it'll be Tampa Bay. I hope not every name is some "extreme animal/generic adjective" descriptor, and we get some actual thought put into the names and logos.

the user formerly known as cdclt

17 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

If they pull the RKO card and do St Louis Vipers (his hometown)....

I see in the comments that people are saying Vipers has to be St. Louis. I'm aware of the roller hockey St. Louis Vipers but literally know nothing about wrestling outside Hulk Hogan, The Rock, and Undertaker (and even then, just that they exist), so if there's some wrestling connection between "Vipers" and St. Louis please let me know... because I personally think that would be a terrible team nickname unless there's a reason.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

4 minutes ago, Maroon said:

I see in the comments that people are saying Vipers has to be St. Louis. I'm aware of the roller hockey St. Louis Vipers but literally know nothing about wrestling outside Hulk Hogan, The Rock, and Undertaker (and even then, just that they exist), so if there's some wrestling connection between "Vipers" and St. Louis please let me know... because I personally think that would be a terrible team nickname unless there's a reason.

Randy Orton, the son of Bob Orton is from St. Louis and is nicknamed the Viper.

1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

Randy Orton, the son of Bob Orton is from St. Louis and is nicknamed the Viper.

And he's important enough to name a football team after him?

• Like 1

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC