XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

I get that they wanted to recycle as much as they could from XFL 2.0, but why not just keep the Vipers identity in Florida? Tampa Bay Vipers -> Orlando Vipers seems simple enough.

I think between the Vipers and Guardians identity relocations, they felt Guardians worked better in Orlando than Vegas, coupled with the desert setting and alliteration of "Vegas Vipers", and went that way.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2023 at 10:15 PM, Cujo said:

Aside from the logo downgrade..

FpspnEuaEAEsiXb?format=jpg&name=240x240      FpspnEwaMAAm9He?format=jpg&name=360x360

It feels a little pointless critiquing an XFL logo (because they are all bad), but the new Seattle logo looks so awkward with the negative space on the bottom of the “S” and the negative space filled in on the top half of the letterform.

Regardless, Overwatch League did the same concept better:

WPVLWXFXW65K1514931297562.jpg

• Like 7

15 hours ago, GFB said:

It feels a little pointless critiquing an XFL logo (because they are all bad), but the new Seattle logo looks so awkward with the negative space on the bottom of the “S” and the negative space filled in on the top half of the letterform.

I think they should have embraced the idea of doing something similar to the Seahawks and have the dragon come from the back of the helmet. 

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

So DC has 2 pairs of red pants? Last week their pants had white stripes. This week their pants are plain red.

Wow.  I thought it possible there was a mixup and they wore some cheap practice pants or something, but no.

XFL_Uniforms_PR_1920x1080-e1670509818805-1024x682.jpg

That's so weird.  I've seen baseball teams do this, but only to match the piping on their jerseys.  The DC uniforms are the same, just palette-swapped.  Why would they do that?

Also, looking at this pic, I am not looking forward to the Renegades on the road.  That may be my least favorite uniform in the league.  All light colors on white.

• Like 2

spacer.png

spacer.png

23 hours ago, McCall said:

I think between the Vipers and Guardians identity relocations, they felt Guardians worked better in Orlando than Vegas, coupled with the desert setting and alliteration of "Vegas Vipers", and went that way.

Nothing about "Guardians" really says "Orlando" or "Florida" though 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Nothing about "Guardians" really says "Orlando" or "Florida" though 

Perhaps the thinking was "Orlando doesn't have an identity besides oranges, swamps, and theme parks, so let's give them the generic name"?

Now seeing the Orlando homes... those shoulders a bit rough.  A secondary color stripe and a tertiary/light-colored shoulder can work, but when that secondary color is a light fluorescent lime?  I don't know about that.

Save for the helmet stripe and the color scheme (I do think two-tone green can work in certain markets), the Guardians' identity is a bit of a clunker.  I know the Citrus Bowl is a good feather to have in your cap and is open.  Can't they just give us back our team and expand a new team into Orlando if this league stays this time?

San Antonio, on the other hand, does look a lot better at home.  I would love to see them make yellow their primary color and change the grey to black.

spacer.png

spacer.png

This Orlando vs San Antonio matchup is interesting. The bright green on the Gurdians does not work with the silver/gray color with how much both are used. On the other hand, the Brahmas' yellow uniform might be the best in the league. A lot less overdesigned than some of these other looks, plus yellow/dark gray is a really slick color scheme.

• Like 3

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

22 hours ago, GFB said:

Why is the fire at the tail end?

• Like 2

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

1. I thought the bright green DID work. 

2. I don't think it matters that the mascot isn't city/region specific. Detroit Lions. Chicago Bears. Boston Red Sox. I know those are legacy mascots but I doubt people had a problem with them. 

• Like 1

Just now, ralphz said:

1. I thought the bright green DID work. 

2. I don't think it matters that the mascot isn't city/region specific. Detroit Lions. Chicago Bears. Boston Red Sox. I know those are legacy mascots but I doubt people had a problem with them. 

I think their colors and identity are fine.  The application is just weird.  A weird logo cobbled together by tweaking an identity meant for elsewhere and then looking tiny on the helmet.  light grey mixed into their home uniforms with no dark color between it and the lime.

Also, I really want them back.  C'mon.  We'll take care of them.  You can even put them in Red Bull Arena and name them "New Jersey".

And okay...  Now looking at them, the red lines in the Renegades' does help a lot.  Even if it does make them reeeeeeeeeeeally look like the league is being petty over the Oilers lawsuit.

• Like 2

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I think their colors and identity are fine.  The application is just weird.  A weird logo cobbled together by tweaking an identity meant for elsewhere and then looking tiny on the helmet.  light grey mixed into their home uniforms with no dark color between it and the lime.

Also, I really want them back.  C'mon.  We'll take care of them.  You can even put them in Red Bull Arena and name them "New Jersey".

And okay...  Now looking at them, the red lines in the Renegades' does help a lot.  Even if it does make them reeeeeeeeeeeally look like the league is being petty over the Oilers lawsuit.

The Orlando Guardians should have utillised their cities' Basketball team identity to their favour and had the Guardian logo as a sorcerer or spell caster ( Harry Potteresque Dumbledore?) or a Magician, Wizard or a Power Being etc.

• Like 1

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

51 minutes ago, tigers said:

The Orlando Guardians should have utillised their cities' Basketball team identity to their favour and had the Guardian logo as a sorcerer or spell caster ( Harry Potteresque Dumbledore?) or a Magician, Wizard or a Power Being etc.

The Orlando Power Beings! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1