XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

LA could’ve brought back the Bucs orange and red color scheme since Tampa seems so scared to do it, but they pull this crap out. Too much black, bad side paneling, just Awful. The only good ones are NYC and DC, the rest can go in the chute.

• Like 2

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

3 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

L.A. has something that's often desired on this board, but rarely seen: A side panel and pants stripe with matching widths and a unified design. How that holds up on the field is another story, but for now, it looks like a good attempt.

My issue is the use of the letters "LA" that is used by the Lakers, Kings, Clippers, Dodgers, Galaxy and LAFC.  They could have used a different symbol, one that stands out, that makes them different. 

• Like 1

Just now, GDAWG said:

My issue is the use of the letters "LA" that is used by the Lakers, Kings, Clippers, Dodgers, Galaxy and LAFC.  They could have used a different symbol, one that stands out, that makes them different. 

But the wildcats have one of the better logos in the xfl because it’s just a LA... 

Its classic Los Angeles, and for such a futuristic and poorly designed league, it feel like the only thing that’s grounded in reason

• Like 1

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Three black jerseys and two red ones in an 8-team league isn't good planning. Navy and black are a little too prevalent, again, just as they were in '01. That time around, the primary jersey breakdown was 2 black, 2 red, 2 purple, 1 navy, and 1 teal, with 4 of the 5 teams who didn't feature black or navy up top using it on their pants.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

LA's logo and color scheme is sweet.

I think it helps to look at the XFL set with an eye toward what might be good rather than looking for things to hate.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

LA's logo and color scheme is sweet.

I think it helps to look at the XFL set with an eye toward what might be good rather than looking for things to hate.

I like the color scheme, I just felt the use of the letters "LA" has been overdone. 

• Like 1

1. D.C.

2. N.Y.C.

3. St. Louis

10. Tampa Bay

11. Seattle

12. Los Angeles

13. Dallas

14. Houston

Theres such a noticeable gap between the quality of the first three and the rest it’s crazy. Some look like they were designed today, some looked like the belong in 2005.

• Like 2

3YCQJRO.png

My 2 cents for what it’s worth;

DC; feels very old school and simple in a very good way. Love it. 

NY; best set. Classic style. I would break monochrome with this though and switch pants. 

Tampa; again I’d flip the pants. Love the green helmet. Underarm stripe doesn’t continue to the pants so I could live without it. 

St. Louis; I find the helmet busy but I get why it is. Probably the “ok-est” set. They’ll do. 

Houston; this feels like they don’t know what they want to be. Cowboys star. Oilers logo. Patriots pants. Just feels like a bunch of different elements. 

Dallas; I like this a lot. It’s modern and that’s ok. Like Tampa I think the bright/unique helmet colour is great. Sometimes something super modern is ok and I feel this look is that. 

Seattle; the white helmet was unexpected but it showcases the big dragon well. I’m good with it. I’d actually drop the orange helmet stripe too. Just focus on the dragon. The uniforms are ok but I hate wen pants striping and under arm jersey strips don’t match. Drop those elements (or match them) and it’d be better. 

LA; @Sodboy13 said it but the continuity of the pants and under arm jersey stripe is great. The overall look is not exciting but it matches and that’s good in my books. I wish they used a logo on the helmet not just the LA initials but that’s a different issue that involves the whole identity not just the uniforms. 

I’d say it’s all good or “ok” and only one that I don’t like at all. 

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

First impression rankings:

1. New York

2. St. Louis

3. DC

4. LA

5. Dallas

6. Seattle

7. Houston

8. Tampa Bay

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

OK, my full evaluation.   

DC:  Grade-A.   The cleanest and overall most professional design.  Easy to do with a 1 color scheme. 

Recommendations:  1) Add some red to the socks (2 stripes as in DC flag is ideal)

2) Wear the white pants with red jersey and vice versa.

3) Make the logo slightly larger on the helmet.

NY: Grade A-   All the pieces are decent, only the shoulder stripes are awkward.  Best helmet in the league. 

Recommendations:  1) Wear grey pants with black jersey and vice versa.

2) Remove shoulder stripes and add TV numbers

STL: Grade B+ Some minor quirks, and I am not sure the way they used the navy really adds much. And a non-unitard, which seems to be rare. 

Recommendations:   1) Make the helmet logo smaller all the way around (smaller wings, smaller sword)

2) Change the pant stripes and shoulder stripes from 2 fat stripes to a more standard 3 stripe (navy-grey-navy or Navy-royal-navy)

TBY: Grade C+   I like the colors and the jerseys are decent, but there are some obvious things to fix too. 

Recommendations:  1) Put the snake logo on the helmet and the V logo on the chest. 

2) Use sleeve caps, but eliminate the side panels on the jersey.

3) White pants with green jerseys and vice versa. 

DAL: Grade A-  The pieces are all there, but having 3 Black jerseys in an 8 team league is ridiculous.

Recommendations:  1) White pants with dark jerseys and vice versa

2) Switch the dark jerseys to Sky Blue with a black yoke, not black with a blue yoke. 

3) Make the sleeve ends the same color as the rest of the sleeve, not contrasting. 

HOU: Grade B  I like the helmet a lot, I like the star on the sleeve, and the color balance is good, but... some issues.

Recommendations:  1) straighten out the derrick logo on the helmet, it is tilted too far to the left. 

2) keep the contrasting sleeves, but lose the side panels on the jerseys so that pants are interchangeable. 

3) If at all possible use a metallic sheen on the grey/silver pants to parallel the helmet. 

4) On the red jersey with blue sleeves, the star should be white or silver (metallic)

LA: Grade D-  I like the logo, and I appreciate that they wanted to add the claw marks to the uni, but so much is bad. 

Recommendations:  1) Helmet:  Black facemask and change the claw marks to 2 outer red and 2 inner orange to balance colors

2) Home Jersey:  Too many teams with the same side panels and sleeve color system.  Total overhaul--- Orange jersey with 

red, white & black shoulders similar to Atlanta Falcons, or do something more like the Dallas Renegades, with a 

red sleeve and black slash.    

3) Away Jersey:  Better.  Remove the side panel, keep the orange sleeves, add black & red elements to sleeves (Atlanta/Dallas style)

4) Pants:  Of course, white pants with orange jersey and orange or red pants with white jersey.   Disconnect the slashes.  Make them 

separate slashes (unconnected at top) and imitate the helmet (red-orange-orange-red)

5) Socks-- As always, I hate solid color socks.  White socks with either stripes or the top 1/3 a color block (Yes, I am a child of the 80's so seeking

any athletes wearing black socks makes me think they are accountants and not athletes)

SEA: Grade B-   Some good pieces but, way too much going.  I like the colors and the attempt to go Michigan Panthers with the logo on the helmet.. 

Recommendations:  1) Helmet:  Use a green helmet, not white, widen the dragon to take up more helmet side, and remove the stripe. 

1) Home Jerseys-- I actually like these as a single element, Add a secondary logo to the sleeves to give it something. 

And, again, remove the side panels alltogether. 

2) Away Jerseys-- Same, remove side panels, add logo to sleeves.  Otherwise good. 

3) Pants-- Of course, white pants with dark jersey and vice versa.  Otherwise OK

4) Socks-- White with Green or orange color block. 

Overall I think the AAF aesthetic was better.  It had more variety (of colors, of design--especially sleeve + side panel).

I would have liked to see perhaps 1 other team with a yoke instead of contrasting sleeves, and maybe 1 team or more with sleeve stripes (NY?) not shoulders.

I also would, with only 8 teams, want to ensure that there are 8 different helmet colors and 8 different jersey colors instead of so much dependence on black. 

Apparently no one is willing to be the team that risks an odd color jersey/helmet anymore (See the WFL's California Sun or  WLAF Orlando Thunder).

I hesitate to toot my own horn, but overall I think the designs I did when I imagined the new XFL uniforms are just better (You can see them on page 3 or 4 of the Concepts section) but I am probably biased. 

Too many teams have the same colour jersey and pants. Every one of these teams should be wearing white pants with their coloured jerseys. Only Houston and St Louis got it right.

Also, every team does not need to have a stripe down the side of the jersey. New York wins in this respect for not having one.

The St Louis helmet is spectacular. Based on this alone, that team has the best uniform.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Incredibly disappointed with all team nicknames, identities and uniforms compared to the insanity McMahon gave us with the v1 teams.

The proverbial "wet blanket" has been thrown on my interest in XFL 2020. ✌

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

This is what happens when you commision the same design firm to make all of your uniforms, and consult the WWE sales index for which wrestler's merch has moved the most in the last few years, and then Vince has to sign off on all of it.  It's the samey generic bullcrap that he trots out every Monday and has for the last 15-odd years.

• Like 5
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter