2018 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIII

canzman

So the rumors were true. At least they finally realized that this is their best look with the white jersey...But still a dumb decision. Imagine this with Washington in white/burgundy with Tennesse in navy over light blue (Maybe in 2026). That would be gorgeous, but instead, the bizarre trend of teams randomly wearing white at home late in the season continues...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the Saints ever wear Gold pants again this year? They've only been worn during Week 1's loss to the Buccaneers, and the whole preseason. I know their Instagram polls have the fans always voting for All Black constantly, but still, show some better taste that Black on Black all the time...

da0Lbhs.png

On 12/18/2018 at 1:26 PM, dirwuf said:

Breaking: Dolphins to wear throwbacks vs. Jags...

@TomGarfinkel: We made NFL request last week to wear throwbacks again for JAX. It was approved. See you Sunday with new (old) end zones too... go @MiamiDolphins

https://twitter.com/TomGarfinkel/status/1075094279465394176

What a huge relief since they’d originally announced that this was going to be their all-aqua game. Hope the Jags wear white pants instead of the drab black.

EDIT: dammit.

17 hours ago, dirwuf said:

Breaking: Dolphins to wear throwbacks vs. Jags...

@TomGarfinkel: We made NFL request last week to wear throwbacks again for JAX. It was approved. See you Sunday with new (old) end zones too... go @MiamiDolphins

https://twitter.com/TomGarfinkel/status/1075094279465394176

Is he hinting at old script end zones too? This is great.

bSLCtu2.png

10 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Will the Saints ever wear Gold pants again this year? They've only been worn during Week 1's loss to the Buccaneers, and the whole preseason. I know their Instagram polls have the fans always voting for All Black constantly, but still, show some better taste that Black on Black all the time...

Those kinds of polls are so pointless since the average fan is gonna think monochrome is "cool" and that will win every time. They did lose their last game in all black so maybe they switch it up? Doubt it with Pittsburgh wearing their own shade of gold pants.

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Those kinds of polls are so pointless since the average fan is gonna think monochrome is "cool" and that will win every time. They did lose their last game in all black so maybe they switch it up? Doubt it with Pittsburgh wearing their own shade of gold pants.

Exactly the only way the gold pants will ever win one of these stupid polls is if the Saints wear a gold jersey to go along with them. Then there will be one million fire emoji comments. Also, no I am not advocating for the Saints to ever bring back those hideous gold jerseys.

1 hour ago, Eszcz21 said:

Exactly the only way the gold pants will ever win one of these stupid polls is if the Saints wear a gold jersey to go along with them. Then there will be one million fire emoji comments. Also, no I am not advocating for the Saints to ever bring back those hideous gold jerseys.

Haha I think we can all agree that the fire emoji was the worst thing to ever happen to NFL uniforms

5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Haha I think we can all agree that the fire emoji was the worst thing to ever happen to NFL uniforms

Feels like just yesterday that the dinosaurs of these boards were scratching their heads over what Warren Sapp meant when he said that the new Bucs helmets were “fire,” with some even wondering is that meant the helmet itself would have flames on it. Good times.

2 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

I am thinking its the diamond end zone pattern that the Dolphins have used the past few games when they wore their throwbacks.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/106399-nfl-fields-dolphins-throwback-field-for-week-16-121918/?do=findComment&comment=2950075

da0Lbhs.png

On 12/18/2018 at 6:54 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

I remember that look.  I oddly liked it.  They wore red socks home and road.

quarterback-joe-ferguson-of-the-buffalo-

It was one of those quirks that shouldn't work, but it did... to me anyway.

The red socks debuted in 1981, I liked the white ones better that had the exact striping that the sleeves did.

The charging Bison logo was enlarged in 1983, looked so much better. Never understood why KC downsized their KC helmet logo in 1974, it just never looked right as they have no centre helmet striping.

As I've said many times, the Bills blue face mask DID NOT look good with the blue jerseys,  ONLY when wearing the white jerseys. Just take a look at Fergie in the bottom photo.

On 12/18/2018 at 12:25 PM, NFLfan10 said:

So the rumors were true. At least they finally realized that this is their best look with the white jersey...But still a dumb decision. Imagine this with Washington in white/burgundy with Tennesse in navy over light blue (Maybe in 2026). That would be gorgeous, but instead, the bizarre trend of teams randomly wearing white at home late in the season continues...

This is the first time with the new kits that the Titans have worn the same jersey/pants combo in back-to-back weeks. I'm guessing they'll go back to mono-navy next weekend vs Indy.

On 12/18/2018 at 1:25 PM, NFLfan10 said:

As a bucs fan, the more I see Tennessee in action, I am thankful that Tampa has the 31st worst uniforms in the league now.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived