Jump to content

CCSLC Board Technical Issues


Recommended Posts

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

Wow - how were you NOT getting them before now?

I got it when I logged on for the day on the first page I was on. 

 

I would click the "X" and that would be it until I logged out for the day. 

 

But to answer your question; I donno. Just lucky I guess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

I got it when I logged on for the day on the first page I was on. 

 

I would click the "X" and that would be it until I logged out for the day. 

 

But to answer your question; I donno. Just lucky I guess. 

 

I often click on the wrong thing because of how it seems to make the screen jump a bit as it comes and goes.  It's more annoying than the big ad that separates the first topic from the rest.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am logged into the site from a computer that I am using at a hotel.  For some reason, the IE browser is acting glitchy, and is not letting me sign out.

IE is also not letting me post.  By contrast, Firefox is acting just fine.  I am posting this on Firefox.

Even when I close the IE browser, I remain logged into the board when I open it up again. Clicking on the arrow next to my name does nothing; I cannot bring up the option to sign out.  So I wonder if you could somehow see the login from IE, and cut it off.  (I guess it is not likely that someone else will sit down at this computer and go to the boards.  But, still, I'd like to sign out and not allow anyone to post as me.)

 

 

EDIT: Never mind; the problem seems to have been solved.  (Dang, if I had known that I had one wish, I wouldn't have wasted it on this!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted earlier in this thread about how to stop following every thread I posted in, It's started again for me, even though I've turned it off in my settings. I've tried turning the option on and off again, but It's still making me follow all these threads. Any ideas on how to stop it for good?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's these ads, the large transparent rectangular box with the little x in the corner, now they always appear at the bottom of the screen, everytime I visit the site. Is their any way to remove them completely? Everytime I click the x, they always come back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

There's these ads, the large transparent rectangular box with the little x in the corner, now they always appear at the bottom of the screen, everytime I visit the site. Is their any way to remove them completely? Everytime I click the x, they always come back.

 

I love when they pop up on top of the "post" button and clicking the x doesn't work the first few times, so you either need to wait, or abort (which I shoudl probably do anyway), or when one pops up and the page shifts, so you end up accidentally "following" a topic because you were about to click something else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I have no idea how I managed to do it, but somehow I went from desktop display mode to mobile phone display mode on my computer.  Could someone walk me through the proper way to restore desktop settings?  These three sentences are consuming the bulk of a 32" monitor's screen size, and while I'll admit I'm losing my vision, I'm not quite that blind yet...  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

I have no idea how I managed to do it, but somehow I went from desktop display mode to mobile phone display mode on my computer.  Could someone walk me through the proper way to restore desktop settings?  These three sentences are consuming the bulk of a 32" monitor's screen size, and while I'll admit I'm losing my vision, I'm not quite that blind yet...  :)

 

Could you post a screenshot that includes the URL bar?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

I have no idea how I managed to do it, but somehow I went from desktop display mode to mobile phone display mode on my computer.  Could someone walk me through the proper way to restore desktop settings?  These three sentences are consuming the bulk of a 32" monitor's screen size, and while I'll admit I'm losing my vision, I'm not quite that blind yet...  :)

 

I can't seem to find a "desktop version" link like what is usually at the bottom of most mobile sites, and the URL doesn't put a "m." in front of it that can simply be removed, so your best option might be to totally clear your cache and go to the site again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I can't seem to find a "desktop version" link like what is usually at the bottom of most mobile sites, and the URL doesn't put a "m." in front of it that can simply be removed, so your best option might be to totally clear your cache and go to the site again.

 

I didn't get it figured out, but somehow managed to reverse it.  Don't ask me how, because I couldn't tell you.  But I'm both now straight on that issue and able to post here (something I couldn't do until, well, just now).  Thanks to @officeglenn for his assistance on this.  I'm not sure what he did as to the latter issue, but I appreciate it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mac the Knife said:

 

I didn't get it figured out, but somehow managed to reverse it.  Don't ask me how, because I couldn't tell you.  But I'm both now straight on that issue and able to post here (something I couldn't do until, well, just now).  Thanks to @officeglenn for his assistance on this.  I'm not sure what he did as to the latter issue, but I appreciate it.

 

Nah, you should thank @LMU on that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The bottom ad is now a lot bigger on my desktop, and is now occasionally playing video ads with sound.  On my laptop, it cycles through the ads pretty quickly (at times - not all the time) so I might have a siezure, and often times there's distracting animations.  Sorry, but I had to enable AdBlock on my desktop / laptop.  Looking into how to do it for mobile Safari.  I want to support the site and always had it disabled on it, and will re-disable it if the bottom ad is removed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I've had 2 re-directs on my phone from this site only lately. Two different ones. Sorry, no screen caps, as I just close my browser window as soon as it happens.

Just an FYI, I made the same mistake, they're interested in the links of the Amazon redirects, not just screen caps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.