CCSLC Board Technical Issues

7 minutes ago, jn8 said:

I hate to say it, but...

52rI1Fq.png

This is the only time I’ve had anything pop up with this new ad system 

I get this Amazon pop-up often, from two sites: PWinsider.com and this one. 

On 6/27/2018 at 11:41 AM, CC97 said:

Would some members consider paying an annual fee in exchange for an ad-free experience? Like the option you'd see on an app or something

Yes, I definitely would.

I think my price would be $20/year. Though I bet if you offered an ad-free Patreon option at $3-5/month, I'd pay that too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Yes, I definitely would.

I think my price would be $20/year. Though I bet if you offered an ad-free Patreon option at $3-5/month, I'd pay that too.

I’m game. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

On 6/27/2018 at 1:41 PM, CC97 said:

Would some members consider paying an annual fee in exchange for an ad-free experience? Like the option you'd see on an app or something

Do you take PayPal? If so, post or PM me your address, please.

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Do you take PayPal? If so, post or PM me your address, please.

Thank you, a few things first, need to nail down whether the software even allows such a plan, also determining exactly what the cost would be.

• Like 1

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

On 6/27/2018 at 1:41 PM, CC97 said:

I can do $20/year. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

PLEASE post the entire URL of the ads that pop up.  We have a way to notify the ad company but they need the actual URL.

Thanks.

• Like 1

VmWIn6B.png

I don't know if this company has one, but the ad company for another message board I use has a site where anyone can go to report one of these ads. It would be easier if we could crowdsource reporting these, rather than it being another task but for the mods. Thankfully, I've only seen one redirect ad with this new company; it felt almost like a 50% chance with the old guys.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Is there a way to stop instantly following every post I comment in?

I think this is what you're looking for ...

- Go to your profile drop down menu in the top right corner

- Select "Account Settings"

- On the right side of the page, under "Other Settings," click on "Notification Settings"

- Under "Automatically follow content," uncheck both boxes

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I’ll pay anything to get rid of the pop-up ad at the bottom. Literally anything. Just give me a paypal address and I’ll wire over my whole 401(k). 

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Ok, I’ll pay anything to get rid of the pop-up ad at the bottom. Literally anything. Just give me a paypal address and I’ll wire over my whole 401(k). 

I think maybe $19.99 is enough, don’t need to ruin your future over a pop up ad ?

On 6/27/2018 at 12:21 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Not me.  It seems to come and go, and comes at really annoying times.  Also, the "x" is so small that when in phone, I often fat-finger it and either click the ad or whatever is partially covered up behind it.

I noticed the same ad on the UniWatch site, so obviously it's not unique to this site, and I'm sure I'll get used to it, but hover / pop-up ads are bad.

So I get what you are saying now. I'm getting the pop up at the bottom on every page today, clicking on the "X" every time. I see now how that get frustrating. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Just now, mr.negative15 said:

So I get what you are saying now. I'm getting the pop up at the bottom on every page today, clicking on the "X" every time. I see now how that get frustrating. 

Wow - how were you NOT getting them before now?

It's where I sit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.