AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

29 minutes ago, nickp91 said:

Love that the Golden Knights's AHL team is now the Silver Knights I really want their ECHL affiliate to now become the Bronze Knights

Doubt it'd happen due to relocation of the current affiliate; they're affiliated with the Fort Wayne Komets in the ECHL, and the Komets have been around since 1952; the only minor-league hockey team to have been in continuous operation longer than the Komets is Hershey in the AHL.

Unless a group pops up in Reno to bring a new team there, they're not changing their ECHL affiliate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

Reno doesn’t want the Knights.

Despite being in the same state as the Vegas teams, the area still lines up a LOT better with the SF Bay Area. Northern Nevadans mostly hate Southern Nevada, and due to how absolutely empty the state is, they don’t really mix together all that often like you would see with other rival cities. 

Same with Sacramento. I can't tell how many times I've met people coming to town for Kings games or SacRepublic. There's a big disconnect between Reno and Las Vegas. They'd probably just as well chant Beat LV as nor cal is Beat LA.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

This isn't that big of a deal to me, but why in the hell does every branding event (new uniforms,logos..etc) always have to have some deep reasoning behind every aspect? Not everything needs explaining. I could live with: " Hey, we like the way this looks. End of story" 

Because clients eat. that. :censored:. up.

• Like 3

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

QMJHL Begins a New Era with a New Logo for 2021

June 1, 2020 - 19:52 PM

After celebrating their 50th anniversary season in 2019-20, the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League figured it was time for something new. Nothing too new, mind you, just a little freshening up. This morning the league unveiled it’s new, modernized league […]

Read More...

• Like 1

I think it's pretty bad. The LHJMQ/QMJHL is referred to, for obvious reasons, as  <<le Q>> or "the Q." Why, then, would you make the most important letter in the abbreviation read even less as a Q than it already did? This looks like an O that happens to connect to the underline, or maybe a lowercase g. I've always dug the Q's logo for making a hockey skate out of all those letters, but if you're going to redesign it, go all out and build around a letter Q.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That new logo certainly is okay but I have to wonder the Q needs to be showcased more on emphasis? But it's a good improvement.. 

• Like 1

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

8 hours ago, NorthStar74 said:

That new logo certainly is okay but I have to wonder the Q needs to be showcased more on emphasis?

When you have a name that's so unwieldy in two languages that it goes by one letter, then yes. There's also an argument for using a different color than the OHL's shade of blue, but that's tough because Quebec should have dibs on blue. I do like the idea of the three component leagues of the CHL being color-coded. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

When you have a name that's so unwieldy in two languages that it goes by one letter, then yes.

Well all the leagues have the one letter nickname, so it's not just the unwieldiness of the name making them go by one letter.

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

There's also an argument for using a different color than the OHL's shade of blue, but that's tough because Quebec should have dibs on blue. I do like the idea of the three component leagues of the CHL being color-coded. 

I've also always liked that idea, but it would only really make a difference on graphics and the colour of the league websites.

Then you get to the Canada-Russia Super Series where all three leagues wear (the WHL's colours of) red and black, I assume to play up the Canada aspect, so the league colours get thrown out the window there.

CCRS-RECAP-1113-1024x576.jpg

B88927763Z.1_20191107235331_000_GPFPKQ7O

VE191104R-0163.jpg

IbjBaeE.png

16 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Well all the leagues have the one letter nickname, so it's not just the unwieldiness of the name making them go by one letter.

Right right right, the Dub, the O, and the Q. I like that, but I think one league demands the one-letter nickname more than the other two, no?

• Like 1

Palm Springs AHL Team Clears Trademark Hurdle Over Firebirds Name

June 3, 2020 - 17:24 PM

The future American Hockey League affiliate of Seattle’s expansion NHL team seems to have cleared an issue surrounding the trademarking of one of their potential names. Last fall, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) flagged the trademark attempt […]

Read More...

Not really that happy about the name, but at least the valley will have sports since the Palm Springs Angels left. Really liked Cody Chretien's idea but it might've been confusing since we're not affiliated with Arizona and their Kachina.

spacer.png

• Like 2