AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

Really? I think the script by itself works well because you have the otter tail going on. But I liked the primary-colors palette for them, now they look like a Bruins farm team.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

49 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Really? I think the script by itself works well because you have the otter tail going on. But I liked the primary-colors palette for them, now they look like a Bruins farm team.

I think they are playing off the penguins fanbase in the area, but using the old Erie Blades to justify it. I grew up with the full logo so there's

nostalgia associated with it for me. 

Also I take it back. The keystone logo is pretty sloppy so it better just stay small on the sleeve. 

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

The striping not being on the back of the socks could also be a manufacturing thing. The Jr. A team I did colour for, and a couple others in that league, had no sock striping on the back because it’s a different material. No idea why it’s a different material, but it is.

If you look at Hebig (#41) in that picture above, you can see what I’m talking about because you can see the back of his shinpads through the back of the sock.

PA changed to their current set in 2013, well after other teams had started to figure out and fix their Edge missteps. (The CHL switched to Edge for the 09-10 season, two years after the NHL)

This leads me to believe the entire set was a choice, not a relic of the past.

I’ve posted on the boards before about PA’s set looking like it’s from the original NHL Edge rollout, despite the jerseys being unveiled six years later. It’s got issues that had already been fixed by other teams.

I'm sure that's the reason.  It's just that who thought that was a good idea in the first place?  New tech in materials is great and all, but I wish the manufacturers took more into account at how the final product looks.  The socks are a small thing and fans aren't going out and buying them, but it just looks so bad.

25 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The keystone logo is pretty sloppy so it better just stay small on the sleeve.

You ain't kiddin'. How did this not get sent back to the drawing board?

D69iIlrXsAA6oy3.jpg

You can't do italic in a shape where one line is going the other way! Now you have to put those weird Flyers lines on the E to fill the space. Looks awful.. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

28 minutes ago, the admiral said:

D69iIlrXsAA6oy3.jpg

You can't do italic in a shape where one line is going the other way! Now you have to put those weird Flyers lines on the E to fill the space. Looks awful.. 

Erie was home to a GE locomotive factory for a really long time, so maybe that's what they are going for with that type? I sort of get that vibe but it might be a stretch.

All the logos are a bit rough and could be cleaned up a bit. Luckily they look better on the jerseys. 

3 hours ago, monkeypower said:

PA changed to their current set in 2013,

Was a fan of returning to the primary green jersey when it happened.  Prefer the new logo over the old logo.  Did not prefer the Reebok Edge style striping on socks and jerseys.  Also would have preferred they stayed with the yellow as a trim colour rather than the switch it to the gold.  

Manchester Monarchs shutting it down. Sad. They had a good run while in the AHL. Original uniforms were great, and had such potential for a nice upgrade before they copied the Kings’ black/silver. 

Since it’s my hometown im hoping another team is formed soon. Things just dipped when they dropped to the ECHL. 

https://arenadigest.com/2019/05/16/manchester-monarchs-cease-operations/

I love the new Otters logo. I didn't mind the most recent one even though it was just a word mark. As for the new one I like how they went back to the original look, but cleaned it up and made it look not as dated. It looks great in yellow, and the Erie helmet thing was a great touch.

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

D69iIlrXsAA6oy3.jpg

The line in the top left corner of each letter doesn't work either. Looks like it says Er1e. I loved it at first, but every time I look at it, it seems to get worse. It's too bad because it has so much potential, but the wording choices ruined it.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

You Otter Know Erie Updates Old Look for New Logo

May 20, 2019 - 15:26 PM

The Erie Otters are bringing back a familiar face to the Ontario Hockey League. Just three seasons after it was replaced, the Otters announced yesterday that their hockey-playing otter logo, used by the team for their first twenty seasons, would […]

Read More...

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:34 PM, BeerGuyJordan said:

It's actually clever and well executed, instead of a Brandiosesque, ham-fisted attempt at being clever. 

First time I've seen it for a "proper" team. Lots of beer league use.

The site https://www.mascotdb.com/browse does not list this mascot. As far as I can tell, it's a very comprehensive list of mascots and teams that use them.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

23 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

The alternate looks so much better, it should be the primary

I imagine the design process was TO make it the primary...but possible backlash from ST holders when they saw it forced a polishing of the existing logo.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85