NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

51 minutes ago, dont care said:

Is it Nike that’s deliberately making the colors not match or is it the cowboys since they chose to not update to the new pant materials and keep the old ones. 

Nike is deliberately making the colors not match because the Cowboys insisted that the colors not match.  It’s pretty simple.

This one is not on Nike; the Cowboys have been doing this since well before they took over the league’s contract.  Nike is just giving its customer what he wants, even if what he wants is really stupid. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, _RH_ said:

P.S. I'm probably in the minority, but I think the "seafoam" has a certain character...in my opinion it's part of the Cowboys' look now.  When they're in silver and navy they're fine, but their real unique look is the seafoam and royal.  So why not embrace it?!

Eztr4yi.png?1

No black, no navy, one "silver".  Wear royal when need be.  Problem solved.

You're almost there! It's gotta be dark royal and silver-green with varsity serif numbers. Those would be two signature colors. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Just bought this earlier. I know the Redskins are always going to be burgundy and gold, but I wouldn’t be upset if they were to ever switch to these colors and logo:

spacer.png

Maybe if it was for Washington state, and not the Washington redskins

Always hated the R. I’d prefer a DC. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I love DC for the Nationals, less so for the Redskins. It is in the fight song, though, so there's an argument. I just don't see it fitting into their identity well. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

NFL 2019 Week 11 Uniform Matchups

November 17, 2019 - 15:27 PM

I’m back following a “bye week” during which I turned a working trip to San Diego into a family vacation to Disneyland. It was nice, it was warm, everybody I met was phenomenal. I miss it! We’re back at it […]

Read More...

Detroit Lions Wearing White at Home, First Time in 49 Years

November 17, 2019 - 16:19 PM

The Detroit Lions are doing something they haven’t done in nearly half a century… and no, it isn’t “win a playoff game”. This afternoon against the Dallas Cowboys, the Lions will wear white uniforms at home in Detroit. Yes, you […]

Read More...

Does Washington even have yellow pants anymore?  Can't recall the last time I've seen them wear them, but I also don't watch them every week.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

Does Washington even have yellow pants anymore?  Can't recall the last time I've seen them wear them, but I also don't watch them every week.

Wore them last year, haven't done it this year. And I think it's for the better.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

9 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Those have been around for quite some time.  At least in places that have proper winters.  😛 

Here's one from the early 1970s:

Ken+Ellis+Green+Bay+Packers+Jersey.jpeg

This one's from 1984:

11965277%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Russ Jackson did it in the 1969 Grey Cup,
1969-jackson-04.jpg
This probably was the standard practice up until the adoption of the hand warmers. 

zyyMk1d.png

On 11/9/2019 at 9:17 AM, the admiral said:

You're almost there! It's gotta be dark royal and silver-green with varsity serif numbers. Those would be two signature colors. 

The "Texas Blue" is about as "signature" as a color can get.. considering they're the only team to use it and it's the color of their helmet, which is a team's most marketable item.. plus the green pants were designed specifically to look like the helmets, so the helmet color is the desired "look".. I think dark royal and Texas blue is a perfect color scheme to unify the cowboys' overall uniform set

Edit: P.S. - I agree 100% on the old varsity serif numbers

On 11/18/2019 at 5:10 PM, FormerLurker said:

The Jets new uniforms might be my favorite of all the Nike redesigns so far. I can not get over how much of an improvement these are.

Except for the shoulder slashes which need some shortening/tweaking 

8 hours ago, WavePunter said:

The "Texas Blue" is about as "signature" as a color can get.. considering they're the only team to use it and it's the color of their helmet, which is a team's most marketable item.. plus the green pants were designed specifically to look like the helmets, so the helmet color is the desired "look".. I think dark royal and Texas blue is a perfect color scheme to unify the cowboys' overall uniform set

Edit: P.S. - I agree 100% on the old varsity serif numbers

Based on past review of photos I think the helmet in the 70's had more of a blue tint and was more of a satin metallic aka texas blue...I feel like that right around the same time they switched to navy as their dark jersey they the helmet color changed to appear more silver and less blue either because a gloss clearcoat was added or they changed the color to being more silver with just a hint of blue tint.

Regardless of the past the 70's texas blue matching helmets and pants with a dark royal accent should be the only blues they use.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:00 PM, clonewars2008 said:

Russ Jackson did it in the 1969 Grey Cup,
1969-jackson-04.jpg
This probably was the standard practice up until the adoption of the hand warmers. 

I didn't know the St. Louis Cardinals played in the 1969 Grey Cup.  🙃

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived