NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Jerry should of told Tampa Bay they could’ve done that

They did. They had the same Pants in 2012 and 2013 with the old uniforms, but then they switched to their current uniforms, they went over to the Nike pants.

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

20 minutes ago, insert name said:

Are they? I’m pretty sure the pants are different. 

Yep, only change is they made the stripes mesh. The main parts of the pants are the same, even with the tie up fly, and belted pants that the new pants don’t have.

4 hours ago, insert name said:

The Cowboys have purposefully worn off-color pants for decades (something about Jerry wanting them to look better on TV way back when), but I do feel that the color difference appears more exaggerated now, which is likely a byproduct of 1. photos and TV broadcasts being clearer and more vivid, 2. fabric dyes and inks being more vibrant and colorfast, and 3. more indoor, nighttime, and artificially lit games, which makes the color difference painfully obvious.

I’m theorizing this because the royal blue also looks more vivid today compared to decades past, and the warm sunset light creates a much better match between helmet and pants on Aikman and the crew compared to Dak in midday sun. You don’t get those twilight games too much anymore because of the prevalence of indoor stadia and prime time TV slots.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

4 hours ago, insert name said:

And I’m pretty sure that’s a Reebok logo on the sleeves here and the pants are STILL green-silver (heck, they might be even MORE green)

PlSC92t.jpg

I swear, some people on here just have a weird vendetta against Nike where everything bad MUST be their fault

P.S. I'm probably in the minority, but I think the "seafoam" has a certain character...in my opinion it's part of the Cowboys' look now.  When they're in silver and navy they're fine, but their real unique look is the seafoam and royal.  So why not embrace it?!

Eztr4yi.png?1

No black, no navy, one "silver".  Wear royal when need be.  Problem solved.

1 hour ago, _RH_ said:

P.S. I'm probably in the minority, but I think the "seafoam" has a certain character...in my opinion it's part of the Cowboys' look now.  When they're in silver and navy they're fine, but their real unique look is the seafoam and royal.  So why not embrace it?!

Eztr4yi.png?1

No black, no navy, one "silver".  Wear royal when need be.  Problem solved.

Honestly? I’d be down. There are plenty of other teams that use standard silver, but Dallas is the only team off the top of my head that uses a seafoam-green/silver. It would be unique to them and they could own it. 

Really though, I’ll just be happy if they narrow it down to one blue and one silver no matter which they choose

19 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

The Cowboys have purposefully worn off-color pants for decades (something about Jerry wanting them to look better on TV way back when), but I do feel that the color difference appears more exaggerated now, which is likely a byproduct of 1. photos and TV broadcasts being clearer and more vivid, 2. fabric dyes and inks being more vibrant and colorfast, and 3. more indoor, nighttime, and artificially lit games, which makes the color difference painfully obvious.

The color difference predates Jerry Jones; it goes back to (I believe) the 1970s. The original idea was to make them match the helmet on television. That meant, since we were dealing with two very different materials, tweaking one of the colors.  Looked different in person, but matched on the small screen. 

As you note, television technology moved forward. But the pants stayed stuck in their old cathode-ray color scheme. We could always see the difference in colors in person, but now we see it on television, in photos, everywhere. We don’t use any kind of technology in which they match at all.

And now Nike is going out of its way to deliberately make the pants mis-match. Because that’s what the Cowboys are used to, and want. 

7 hours ago, jn8 said:

Really though, I’ll just be happy if they narrow it down to one blue and one silver no matter which they choose

Me, too.  I prefer they take the two helmet colors and apply them across the board, but anything would be better than the official mess we have now. 

Agreed that they should run with the helmet colors. I’m ok with the royal accents at home and the navy alternate though... It just looks like the Cowboys to me. It’s the black outlines on the striping and mismatched silvers that bothers me.

24 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The color difference predates Jerry Jones; it goes back to (I believe) the 1970s. The original idea was to make them match the helmet on television. That meant, since we were dealing with two very different materials, tweaking one of the colors.  Looked different in person, but matched on the small screen. 

As you note, television technology moved forward. But the pants stayed stuck in their old cathode-ray color scheme. We could always see the difference in colors in person, but now we see it on television, in photos, everywhere. We don’t use any kind of technology in which they match at all.

And now Nike is going out of its way to deliberately make the pants mis-match. Because that’s what the Cowboys are used to, and want. 

Is it Nike that’s deliberately making the colors not match or is it the cowboys since they chose to not update to the new pant materials and keep the old ones. 

Can someone Photoshop the Navy/ road silver pants onto the white/ home jersey.  Or just lessen the saturation on the seafoam. I'm wondering if that look would in fact be better. 

Here's a random 2007 shot of silver and seafoam side by side. 

It's less dramatic back then for sure. 

spacer.png

Maybe Dallas at some point recently just trulu embraced it or Nike flubbed it to a higher extreme, like they did with the Laker gold jersey color. 

Here's a 2004 shot from the old stadium. Maybe it's a lighting issue?

spacer.png

1 minute ago, MattMill said:

Can someone Photoshop the Navy/ road silver pants onto the white/ home jersey.  Or just lessen the saturation on the seafoam. I'm wondering if that look would in fact be better. 

Here's a random 2007 shot of silver and seafoam side by side. 

It's less dramatic back then for sure. 

spacer.png

Maybe Dallas at some point recently just trulu embraced it or Nike flubbed it to a higher extreme, like they did with the Laker gold jersey color. 

They are the same pants as from before Nike took over

13 minutes ago, dont care said:

They are the same pants as from before Nike took over

When did the pants officially change? I'm talking way back when. how long has this same color been used? Over the past ten years it's definitely more obvious than ever before. 

Here's a Shadowy afternoon game from 1995

spacer.png

Here's a 1995 bright day game. This one looks like the pants finally match the helmet 

spacer.png

It's been brought up. But finally technology has caught up and the current cowboy set is just wonky. 

Archived