NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, j'villejags said:

Here you go. 

Can I get a University of Arizona styled red-white-blue stripe (but with the white stripe being the thinnest so that it reflects the logo)?

Great switch. I wonder what this means for the white jersey. Will they eventually make that with powder blue accents (instead of the navy)? And does the navy jersey become alternate or do they not wear it at all? I hope yes to the first question and they may as well not even wear the navy since they have the Color Rush.

Why did it take them so long to do this? Is it because they're in LA now? Whatever though... It was the right move.

I don't know how I feel about the yellow facemask. It sticks out a little too much, with light blue and white dominating the set so heavily. It would be like if the Dolphins used an orange facemask. I still think navy works with this set because the light blue and yellow are so bright, they don't contrast too well together. That's where navy helps.

With this move, I think it makes the AFC West arguably the most colorful division.

14 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I hope this means that they're going to ditch their navy blue pants completely and tweak their white pants to match the new powder blue primary colors.

14 minutes ago, G-tron said:

Great switch. I wonder what this means for the white jersey. Will they eventually make that with powder blue accents (instead of the navy)? And does the navy jersey become alternate or do they not wear it at all? I hope yes to the first question and they may as well not even wear the navy since they have the Color Rush.

No indication that they’re making other changes.  Which means the whites stay the same, and the navy jerseys probably become the alternate. 

Is this Spanos giving San Diego another middle finger? For most of the 2000s fans in SD made it known they wanted the powder blues to be the primary uniforms, then he gives it away to LA. This could be viewed as a dick move by some lol

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Chargers in powder blue full time. Hmmm. I mean it's one less navy team, but I've always felt their navy jerseys looked sharp and clashed well with the teams in their division (and a lot of teams on their schedule this season). I thought they were in love with the mono navy since moving to LA. Will that still be making an appearance every now and then? And what does this mean for the road look? Is that going to be addressed? I hate them in all white, but now it looks like that will be permanent, unless they bring in some powder blue pants.

I was fine with this being a special occasion type thing and am not sure it's gonna work out as the standard. I'm one of few who is a bit disappointed and was very fond of their navy and white on navy sets. At least maybe they'll limit white at home since this is a light color.

1 hour ago, insert name said:

The Chargers have never looked better. 

Literally every uniform they wore prior to 2007 was better than this. They finally went back to the correct color (for about 6 games a year), but let's not get carried away. These still suck.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Only way I could see the Texans going with white helmets would be exactly the helmet that was made with the pant stripe down the middle and switching to red as primary. Would be cool to finally rock the oilers colors in super bowl as the Texans just to shove it in the Adams family face 

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

now add yellow pants as an option with this helmet and top, and you're really cooking 

Pairing yellow pants with a white helmet takes this from being pretty good for a modern uniform to looking like a high school team.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

6 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Is this Spanos giving San Diego another middle finger? For most of the 2000s fans in SD made it known they wanted the powder blues to be the primary uniforms, then he gives it away to LA. This could be viewed as a dick move by some lol

This was one of the first things I thought when I heard this as well. That said, this is looking to be the best the Chargers have looked in this set (I'll still have to reserve final judgement for when I see them on the field).

Not only did the Chargers get it right with the powder blue as the primary, the yellow facemask really adds a lot. No one else does white with yellow like that, and while it shouldn't work, it works for them. If only they'd gotten San Diego right.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived