NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

1 hour ago, j'villejags said:

Not to be that guy, but thank you! I'd shared that picture of Watson with the white helmet somewhere on this board a while back, along with this Oilers' version. I just like the idea of a white helmet, as it could open the door for Oilers throwbacks -- especially with Tennessee again adopting part of Houston's look with their new navy helmet. 

I agree that a helmet stripe would help complete the look. I've mocked another one here to match the current pant stripe, although I also like your idea of having a little space between the navy and red so that the colors aren't bleeding together as much. 

089fHra.jpg

Now we're talking. Did you make any with the Battle Red jersey? Red jersey and red face mask is what I prefer. 

Image result for houston texans uniform concepts

Related image

Related image

Image result for houston texans uniform concepts

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

all of these white helmet concepts look bad. 

I see where you’re coming from, but my issues are more with the jerseys and pants of the concepts. I’m fine with both navy and white helmets, with a slight edge towards white lids. However, I’m not sure if a navy, red, or (gasp) grey facemask would be best with the white design.

4 hours ago, MattMill said:

Could the Navy part of the head be inverted to white with a Navy star? I wonder how that would look on a Navy helmet. 

That would defeat the purpose of representing the Texas state flag.

The Texans’ overall identity is amazing. One of the best in the NFL. I see what others are saying about the logo working better on a white helmet, and I don’t necessarily disagree. The white helmet looks sharp. 

I just don’t think the navy helmet is bad either. I suppose it’s a good problem to have, that they’ll look great regardless. 

Really? The only bad Texans idea I’ve heard is the desire to dress them up like the Oilers. The Titans are the Oilers. Hell, the Titans should be the Oilers. If we can live in a world where we all accept the Los Angeles Lakers? The Tennessee Oilers are just fine. 

Yes folks, IT, IS HAPPENING!

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

1 hour ago, j'villejags said:

Here you go. 

IgYm9Sp.png

I actually like this a lot more than I would have thought. Texans red is a great contrast to Cowboys blue. And red ties together so much of the city's football history (Oilers, Gamblers, Cougars).

Archived