NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Gold facemasks make it. 

Still lots of problems with the set, but powder blue over white is by far their best option. 

But man, what a kick in the nuts to San Diego.  Again.  They finally ditch the navy blue primaries, but now?!

Yea, it’s kind of heartbreaking for SD fans. But, better late than never I suppose. Beautiful jersey and the yellow mask adds that distinctive element which enhances the whole look. It’s not a move I’d make for many teams but the one with the lightning bolts all over the uniform? Yea it works. 

And though there’s some “old” elements here, it still feels like a fresh take on the current uniform and moving it forward. Somehow, thinking of the new Jets, their new twists on the uniform actually seems anachronistic. Guess it’s the classic and simple shapes of the bolts and super distinctive color palette, but Chargers took a big step forward with this IMO 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I still prefer the Navy-over-Navy, preferably with white-topped socks (the way Melvin Gordon usually wore it).  I love the consistency with the bolt in this uniform combination because the bolt is always on a white background.

hi-res-2c338d33c997f0586e523bc5ccae163a_

Enough with the San Diego talk.  San Diego had its chance at the ballot box knowing that the team would leave without a new stadium, and even then couldn't get to a 50% "Yes" vote.

The Chargers left a market of 3.1 million people for a market of 18.8 million people.  They'll be fine.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

1 hour ago, doctorpeligro said:

I still prefer the Navy-over-Navy, preferably with white-topped socks (the way Melvin Gordon usually wore it).  I love the consistency with the bolt in this uniform combination because the bolt is always on a white background.

hi-res-2c338d33c997f0586e523bc5ccae163a_

Enough with the San Diego talk.  San Diego had its chance at the ballot box knowing that the team would leave without a new stadium, and even then couldn't get to a 50% "Yes" vote.

The Chargers left a market of 3.1 million people for a market of 18.8 million people.  They'll be fine.

The navy is very underrated.

The Chargers did a few things right here, the gold face mask is a huge win (can’t believe how good that looks) and though I’m used to them in navy, I do think switching to powder blue is ultimately the right move brand-wise.

But for pete’s sake, how hard is it to match up the background of the bolt all the way? Still bugs the crap out of me that they insist on having some kind of solid stripe background behind the bolt on the white pants and road jersey sleeves. Leave the bolt on white, keep it consistent all across the board. They’d look so much better that way.

I know the road version of this set didn’t do it, but this is how it’s done:

spacer.png

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

10 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The thing that sucks is that just like the broncos they probably aren't going to change anything about their white uniforms and will have it still with navy numbers.

Yeah they're definitely gonna be stuck with the current road jersey... At least for the foreseeable future.  The same issue the Rams have had.

(However, I have no issue with the broncos...  They've always had blue road numbers)

2 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Didn't realize how much the look needed the gold face mask.  Very strong look for the Chargers.

They should consider switching navy out for powder blue on the road uniforms too.  

Image result for chargers 2018Image result for afl ladainian tomlinson

I think I have a mock-up somewhere of that.  Definitely looks better but does need the yellow outline especially with the current uniform set

8 hours ago, doctorpeligro said:

Ah yes. The taxpayers should foot the bill for a stadium, not the billionaire that owns the team.  Thank you for your deep insight.

29 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Didn't realize how much the look needed the gold face mask.  Very strong look for the Chargers.

They should consider switching navy out for powder blue on the road uniforms too.  

Image result for chargers 2018Image result for afl ladainian tomlinson

See my immediate thought was that now they have Powder Blue as their home set, their away set is going to change then right? Because now they'll have a weird think like the Rams where the home and away sets differ and they can't do too much about it other than wait until their shared LA stadium is built & reveal new uniforms (if that's the plan anyways).

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah they're definitely gonna be stuck with the current road jersey... At least for the foreseeable future.  The same issue the Rams have had.

(However, I have no issue with the broncos...  They've always had blue road numbers)

The only way that they’d be having the same problems that the Rams has is if they planned on unveiling brand new uniforms within the next couple of years (thus not wanting to trigger the five year rule too soon). 

Which is an exciting thought, frankly.

17 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Gold facemasks make it. 

Still lots of problems with the set, but powder blue over white is by far their best option. 

But man, what a kick in the nuts to San Diego.  Again.  They finally ditch the navy blue primaries, but now?!

Shot in the heart for SD Charger fans. I hated them for moving to LA but at least they wore the navy blue up there which never felt like San Diego to me (even though they and the Padres tried to force it down our throats). Now they really look like the San Diego Chargers and I really really hate them even more. 

Me wonders what all this means for the Tennessee Snatit Titans now, since they done all but decided to dumb down the presence of what [may as well used to be] their primary color. Also, knowing Nike, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the fabric colors for Tennessee's light blue and the Chargers powder blue are the exact same--meaning the Snatit's Titans' apparel and merchandise won't even be all that unique anymore. Oh well...they did it to themselves.

Back to San Diego LA for a minute...I personally believe that deeper Pacific blue they used for their color rush alternates should be their official primary.... It's more unique in hue and contrasts much better with their yellow. 

As for the Texans...at this juncture I feel like they would benefit greatly from a color change altogether. I mean, neither the old CFL Texans or even the original Houston Texans used the Texas flag colors--and I know how/that their current logo was designed in such a way to mimic the Texas flag, but after almost 20 years I think the shape of that icon is such that a color change won't diminish it's visual impact any less. And I've already thought of a way more unique colorway for the Texans (part of which could p*ss off some people in Dallas--but they'll be alright!)...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived