NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

45 minutes ago, colortv said:

I guess they do listen..

Well, when you’re as desperate for fans as the Chargers are now, you’re finally forced to listen to the ones you have.

The Chargers used to be a big fish in their pond, and now they’re but minnows in the ocean. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The thing that sucks is that just like the broncos they probably aren't going to change anything about their white uniforms and will have it still with navy numbers.

The Broncos are still kinda consistent with their past though. Even before the change in 97 the roads featured more blue than orange. It's just more prominent/noticeable now because of the side panels.

18 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I don't like the away still being navy-dominant. Seeing the uniforms next to each other makes the powder blues look like they're still the alternate.

Just rebrand, while keeping powder blue primary.

I agree! And the navy jersey with navy pants is so gross!  I hate that the seahawks do that leotard look at home and wish they would go with navy jersey and white or grey wolf pants. 

21 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Well...the Steelers weren't scared of the white pants...

spacer.png

21 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Well...the Steelers weren't scared of the white pants...

spacer.png

I am referring t the 60's uniforms and the 70s with the large black pants stripe.

4 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

spacer.png

Ironic that it uses the number font from the prior uniform set . . . which was my favorite part of that uniform, for the record.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

5 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

Ironic that it uses the number font from the prior uniform set . . . which was my favorite part of that uniform, for the record.

They still use that font everywhere but the uniforms. It's really odd. The branding still centers around the old font, but only the uniforms are changed. The field markings are the old numbers. They didn't go all out on refreshing/changing the branding with the latest uniform like they did the previous set.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Just what @Clintau24 said, I've thought it was quite interesting that font and previous word is everywhere, I still feel that font will make its way back on the uniforms at some point.  

Also disappointed we didn't get a throwback and found it interesting the only two jerseys they had on display were teal and white.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

2 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

Just what @Clintau24 said, I've thought it was quite interesting that font and previous word is everywhere, I still feel that font will make its way back on the uniforms at some point.  

Also disappointed we didn't get a throwback and found it interesting the only two jerseys they had on display were teal and white.

This year's State of the Franchise was incredibly lackluster all around and felt like Lamping was grasping at straws. And I always love this event!

In other news, the Twitter account posted a video explanation of the 25th logo.

Ton of cheap corporate speak, but then this: "Teal is the unique signature color of the Jaguars." Yet another acknowledgement of the best color available and they STILL refuse to use it the correct way and make it the primary.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

2 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

9GtiJ8S.pngChargers old jerseys in powder blue look kind of neat

Thats basically what I did for a previous Chargers concept of mine. (Spoiler because this is not concepts thread)

Spoiler

spacer.png

I really like the white helmet because of the history of the Chargers, but if they were to update I could see them with blue helmets. Also if the Titans dont want light blue the Chargers might as well emphasis it.

28 minutes ago, The Easter Beagle said:

I honestly don't like that the Jags are trying to incorporate silver into their color scheme. 

But they’re not adding silver to the color scheme. It’s only a part of the 25th anniversary logo because 25 is considered the “silver anniversary” just like the 50th Super Bowl was all gold for the “gold anniversary”

3 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

They still use that font everywhere but the uniforms. It's really odd. The branding still centers around the old font, but only the uniforms are changed. The field markings are the old numbers. They didn't go all out on refreshing/changing the branding with the latest uniform like they did the previous set.

While I like the new numbers -- the last number font fits the team's overall identity better. Like you said, it is odd that they only went away from that font on the numbers of the jersey, while it is still being used for basically every other application. Those numbers, with a splash of gold somewhere on the uniform, could have gone a long way to complete the look. It could have provided that extra bit of flair needed to give the uniforms some personality. 

2 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Ton of cheap corporate speak, but then this: "Teal is the unique signature color of the Jaguars." Yet another acknowledgement of the best color available and they STILL refuse to use it the correct way and make it the primary.

I'm hoping the positive reaction the Chargers got for making a similar switch will help make that a reality. Plus, now the Jets' have an alternate black jersey that looks strikingly similar to our black jersey. We are a small-market team with a unique brand that hasn't figured out such an obvious and effective way to differentiate ourselves from everyone else, (aside from gimmicky helmets). This problem is almost exacerbated by ownership, because as fans, we actually want the teal to return full-time. We are instead met with this type of marketing-speak that is supposed to somehow quench our thirst for teal.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001026789/article/nfl-reveals-historic-matchups-for-100th-season

It kinda feels like the NFL picked some of these games at random. Browns vs Bengals shouldn't really qualify as a "historical" matchup IMO. The Steelers don't appear in a single one. All of that being said, I think it's a cool idea but it would be even better if each team wore throwbacks for these matchups (excluding the Eagles and Titans thanks to the one-helmet rule).

45 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001026789/article/nfl-reveals-historic-matchups-for-100th-season

It kinda feels like the NFL picked some of these games at random. Browns vs Bengals shouldn't really qualify as a "historical" matchup IMO. The Steelers don't appear in a single one. All of that being said, I think it's a cool idea but it would be even better if each team wore throwbacks for these matchups (excluding the Eagles and Titans thanks to the one-helmet rule).

I feel like Steelers Pats week one is kind of historic. The two 6 Superbowl teams facing off. There are plenty of historic matchups if we look deeper

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

Archived