NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is there any negative comments about this?  It's completely innocuous.

They simply saw an opportunity to get their primary logo on a jersey in a way that didn't alter waht has become their signature look.  From a branding perspective, it's smart.  From an aesthetic perspective, it didn't do any harm.  It's at worst a lateral, and at best... a lateral.

"Cash grab"?  Really?  They just figured out a way to get their mark out there on consumer's backs without it intruding on the aesthetic of their uniform.  Seems pretty smart to me, and as sleeves continue to shrink, I'd expect more of this in the future.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, philly97flyer said:

You realize the purpose of a business is to make money, right?

Of course. But this is so egregious. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Of course. But this is so egregious. 

Explain.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Lord, I get careless when I don't spend enough time here 😂

Here, eat a Snickers bar.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Explain.

99% of the jersey is unchanged.

It's not like it's a brand new design. It's the same exact design, with one tiny difference. 

Who knows, there might be many who say "Yeah, I ain't spending $100 just for that"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The NFL may do an AFL weekend but I haven't seen any logos. Only ones that can do throwbacks for 1960-1969 are the Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Bengals and Dolphins. I'm aware the last two weren't original AFL teams. 

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet but the Bills do have a 60th anniversary logo this year...

1v5sn8fa2xt21.jpg

It's much better than their cheap looking 50th anniversary logo...

754e382b0ff4d1bf8a7d168f7db2a813--buffal

5 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet but the Bills do have a 60th anniversary logo this year...

1v5sn8fa2xt21.jpg

I actually like both of them, but that 60th logo is way better. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/21/2019 at 11:02 PM, Goatiest Maximian said:

As a 9ers fan I love these better then are current uniforms

No!

lot of folks just want to switch because they’re tired of seeing the same thing.

go back to when they changed years ago. Everyone hated the drop shadow and now??  

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

True.

But, amazingly, all their other uniform choices suck even harder.

I’d rather see their primaries in good combinations then see the color rush honestly. Their primaries suck too I know, but the total mono-brown from jersey to toe is too much for me. 

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

99% of the jersey is unchanged.

It's not like it's a brand new design. It's the same exact design, with one tiny difference. 

Who knows, there might be many who say "Yeah, I ain't spending $100 just for that"

It's not about getting people to buy "new" jerseys, it's about branding.  They're going to sel jerseys this year regardless of any change or not, but now the new ones will have their logo on them.  I don't equate this Malibu Stacy's new hat.  

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Color Rush uniform is terrible. Orange over white and white over orange should be the primary set along with a revamped brown alternate.

They're the Browns, brown over white and white over orange or white makes more sense, even if the orange jersey looks better. Hopefully that changes next year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

1v5sn8fa2xt21.jpg

hmm. id say the 60 is pretty generic. the 50 is a gem

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived