NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

There will certainly be merch.  I'm less convinced about the possibility of a throwback game - that seems more a standard filing practice the league does to ensure that nobody else can use the name for a football team.

Yeah, I can’t imagine the NFL would’ve waited after the unveiling of the 100 seasons logo and the draft. And there’s the whole one helmet rule problem, so I can’t imagine a throwback for a team that wore a blue and white Jersey with no front numbers (it was a big picture of an igloo) with a brown helmet being worn by the Vikings. With the number of changes that would be necessary to make it work, it would cease to resemble the original uniform in the slightest.

Besides, when was the last time we didn’t know a uniform was coming a year in advance?

Everything we know about the NFL screams that this is just merch and lawyers who understand closing loopholes.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Uhhhh...

reilly-e1539480945731.jpg

That's not the "Duluth Eskimos", though.  Which is what the trademark was for.

7WyiALtobAh66uPG.jpg

Not to mention that Canada has its very own trademark registration.

Pretty sure it's common for leagues to want to control the names of defunct teams so nobody else can use them.  And that seems a whole lot more likely than a surprise throwback game.

27 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Absolutely.  I expect the league to roll out merchandise featuring these defunct old teams.  Which is why they will want to keep the names away from any new start-up leagues looking to borrow some credibility. 

Curious to see what these defunct old teams look like with modern gear.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Absolutely.  I expect the league to roll out merchandise featuring these defunct old teams.  Which is why they will want to keep the names away from any new start-up leagues looking to borrow some credibility. 

Speaking of, how much of a surprise will it be if the XFL uses the A11FL logos, seeing as the Austin Generals were used for the Spring League under the auspices of testing potential league rules?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

New Raiders safety Jonathan Abram posted a photo of his locker on Instagram and the helmet inside had the NFL100 logo on the back.

I’m not sure if we knew this already or if it was just assumed, but I found it noteworthy. That also made me wonder if it will replace the NFL logo on the pants this season, as well.

2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

New Raiders safety Jonathan Abram posted a photo of his locker on Instagram and the helmet inside had the NFL100 logo on the back.

I’m not sure if we knew this already or if it was just assumed, but I found it noteworthy. That also made me wonder if it will replace the NFL logo on the pants this season, as well.

I saw video of players doing photoshoots for Madden 20 and the NFL 100 logo is definitely on the pants.

bSLCtu2.png

5 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Can we please start the Josh Rosen era in Miami by retiring the Tannehill jersey and Dolphins Resorts helmet logo?

Of all of the uniforms that are almost universally hated on here, I just don’t understand this one. Why is it so terrible to so many?

That isn’t sarcasm. I seriously don’t know what’s so bad about the set.

ExJworW.png

Stupid number font (look at the 7!), butt logo, marginalization if orange (though that’s improved a lot with the last update), and the golf club logo has already been mentioned. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Good point. The NFL100 logo is on both the helmet and pants in the screenshots for the game, too.

Interestingly, though, it’s not that way on the cover:

I understand doing that for jerseys but why the pants?  Did they do that for Super Bowl 50 year?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

30 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

If the dolphin still wore a helmet, I feel like nobody would have an issue with it. 

Nope, a helmet wouldn’t have saved that thing. Not for me, at least. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

8 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Of all of the uniforms that are almost universally hated on here, I just don’t understand this one. Why is it so terrible to so many?

That isn’t sarcasm. I seriously don’t know what’s so bad about the set.

1.  The teal color change.  

2.  The orange color change.  (somewhat fixed last season).

3.  Goofy number font.

4.  Changing the Jimmy Johnson era Dolphin logo.  

5.  Wearing teal pants with teal socks looks ridiculous compared to white socks.

6.  White facemask.

7.  Goofy Dolphins wordmark on the jersey.

042513-spt-fins-ae-8.jpg

Look at the Griese numbers vs the quarterback who shall not be named.  It's no comparison as to which look is better.  

Archived