NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AgentColon2 said:

Good take. I won’t even ding you about your team having the official Easter colors. 😜

I do wish the Vikings would go back to the dark purple and and a more orange yellow. Even just changing the yellow and keeping the more vibrant purple would be an improvement. 

21 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

There's nothing beautiful about a world in which NFL teams look as disjointed and ridiculous as some second tier college program so desperate for attention you never know what they'll be wearing from one week to the next.

No thanks.

Instead of alternates they’ve just completely destroyed teams looks with complete redos. Wouldn’t an alt here and there in preseason better suit a try out of some of these stupid Nike crap they’ve come up with

On 5/7/2019 at 11:54 AM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

This right here is why I'm partially glad there is a one helmet rule. It's one thing to have a second helmet for throwbacks, especially teams that have stupidly changed their shell color I'm recent years ( looking at you Titans). But you start talking about a 3rd helmet,  now were really going Oregon in the NFL. You should never go Oregon if you're an NFL team.

2nd helmet specifically and only for a full throwback game, I'm in. Anything else get outta here with that.

Third would only be for this year because of the anniversary teams could throw way back to any and all teams that were a part of the nfl or pro football at anytime. The second helmet would be only for teams like the titans or bucs that would require a different color shell for throwbacks. I don’t want Oregon type of crap either but giving the team the ability to play a couple throwback games would be sweet. Nike is doing a good enough job screwing up every team they change that a couple weeks of good uniforms would be nice.  

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Or more self-important.  More stuffy.  Less whimsical, less fun.

Bingo, it’s corporate looking. No doubt in my mind they’ll eventually go back to the prior logo. 

7 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I do wish the Vikings would go back to the dark purple and and a more orange yellow. Even just changing the yellow and keeping the more vibrant purple would be an improvement. 

Well since the Baltimore Ravens now own the dark purple, I don’t see that happening.  Besides two distinct shades of purple should separate those two teams.  I don’t think anybody wants the exact same shade of colors or color combos Imo.

3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Yeah no. The Bears shade of navy has always been darker and than the Broncos. You can really see it in the helmets. 

ycwe1vkxhwe1iy3lik9n.jpg

r/woosh

(In all seriousness, Carolingian, I know what you're getting at and agree that there's a fair difference between the navy blue Chicago uses and Denver's, for example. I was just making a joke that teams can have the same or generally the same colors and still be distinctive. E.g. not many people would mistake the Vikings for the Ravens just because their shades of purple are similar.)

3 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

r/woosh

(In all seriousness, Carolingian, I know what you're getting at and agree that there's a fair difference between the navy blue Chicago uses and Denver's, for example. I was just making a joke that teams can have the same or generally the same colors and still be distinctive. E.g. not many people would mistake the Vikings for the Ravens just because their shades of purple are similar.)

Yeah I know but as a Bear fan, I have an emotional attachment to the Bears shade of blue being the darkest, deepest in football. 

Archived