Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

 

Good take. I won’t even ding you about your team having the official Easter colors. 😜

 

Dignity is something we Viking fans know very little about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AgentColon2 said:

 

Good take. I won’t even ding you about your team having the official Easter colors. 😜

I do wish the Vikings would go back to the dark purple and and a more orange yellow. Even just changing the yellow and keeping the more vibrant purple would be an improvement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

There's nothing beautiful about a world in which NFL teams look as disjointed and ridiculous as some second tier college program so desperate for attention you never know what they'll be wearing from one week to the next.

 

No thanks.

Instead of alternates they’ve just completely destroyed teams looks with complete redos. Wouldn’t an alt here and there in preseason better suit a try out of some of these stupid Nike crap they’ve come up with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 11:54 AM, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

This right here is why I'm partially glad there is a one helmet rule. It's one thing to have a second helmet for throwbacks, especially teams that have stupidly changed their shell color I'm recent years ( looking at you Titans). But you start talking about a 3rd helmet,  now were really going Oregon in the NFL. You should never go Oregon if you're an NFL team.

 

2nd helmet specifically and only for a full throwback game, I'm in. Anything else get outta here with that.

Third would only be for this year because of the anniversary teams could throw way back to any and all teams that were a part of the nfl or pro football at anytime. The second helmet would be only for teams like the titans or bucs that would require a different color shell for throwbacks. I don’t want Oregon type of crap either but giving the team the ability to play a couple throwback games would be sweet. Nike is doing a good enough job screwing up every team they change that a couple weeks of good uniforms would be nice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

Or more self-important.  More stuffy.  Less whimsical, less fun.

Bingo, it’s corporate looking. No doubt in my mind they’ll eventually go back to the prior logo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or a version thereof.  I don't think they've ever quite got that leaping Dolphin right, but pretty sure they'll try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I do wish the Vikings would go back to the dark purple and and a more orange yellow. Even just changing the yellow and keeping the more vibrant purple would be an improvement. 

Well since the Baltimore Ravens now own the dark purple, I don’t see that happening.  Besides two distinct shades of purple should separate those two teams.  I don’t think anybody wants the exact same shade of colors or color combos Imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

 I don’t think anybody wants the exact same shade of colors or color combos Imo.

Did anyone confuse the Ravens and Vikings before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

Well since the Baltimore Ravens now own the dark purple, I don’t see that happening.  Besides two distinct shades of purple should separate those two teams.  I don’t think anybody wants the exact same shade of colors or color combos Imo.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to mention that the Packers and the Jets had the exact same shade of green for twenty years and nobody seemed to even notice, much less mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

spacer.png

Do my eyes deceive me?! Those are the exact same teams!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Do my eyes deceive me?! Those are the exact same teams!

 

Yeah no. The Bears shade of navy has always been darker and than the Broncos. You can really see it in the helmets. 

 

ycwe1vkxhwe1iy3lik9n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watch out - Team Color Codes is not always accurate.  I know for a fact the NYCFC colors are wrong, having received them from the club itself.  So grain of salt there.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may not be the same purple, but it looks very similar here. 

 

52a4e9bd69beddff3a8631aa-750-563.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

 

Yeah no. The Bears shade of navy has always been darker and than the Broncos. You can really see it in the helmets. 

 

ycwe1vkxhwe1iy3lik9n.jpg

r/woosh

 

(In all seriousness, Carolingian, I know what you're getting at and agree that there's a fair difference between the navy blue Chicago uses and Denver's, for example. I was just making a joke that teams can have the same or generally the same colors and still be distinctive. E.g. not many people would mistake the Vikings for the Ravens just because their shades of purple are similar.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

r/woosh

 

(In all seriousness, Carolingian, I know what you're getting at and agree that there's a fair difference between the navy blue Chicago uses and Denver's, for example. I was just making a joke that teams can have the same or generally the same colors and still be distinctive. E.g. not many people would mistake the Vikings for the Ravens just because their shades of purple are similar.)

 

Yeah I know but as a Bear fan, I have an emotional attachment to the Bears shade of blue being the darkest, deepest in football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.