NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Woodstrock - that odd combination of David Woodley starting and believing relieved by Don Strock!

Yes that was true, especially in the 1981 Divisional. David Woodley, such a tragic story. RIP. Had the potential but Marino came and conquered.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Preliminary reports are they’re keeping it.  The aqua is their official alternate, with the white being their Color Rush.

There is no requirement to have a Color Rush...teams are allowed to have two alternates, as long as one of them is an official throwback.

3 hours ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

Will the Dolphins continue using the aqua throwback too?  Or is the white replacing it?

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Preliminary reports are they’re keeping it.  The aqua is their official alternate, with the white being their Color Rush.

Assuming they're using the aqua throwback and white "color rush" uniform (which really isn't a color rush uniform, but I digress), is it too optimistic of me to hope that these are worn 16 times between them this season?  Hell, I don't care if my favorite team goes 0-16, if they're wearing this set and this set only, I'll be thrilled.  

On 5/19/2019 at 9:25 PM, fouhy12 said:

The Dolphins have made a tradition of wearing alternate uniforms against New England. They wore the aqua throwbacks for the last two meetings in Miami, and the aqua over aqua in the two games in Miami before that. In 12 meetings between the two franchises since the 2013 update, Miami has worn their regular aqua jerseys only twice, and they've never worn them over white pants. That seems unlikely to change in 2019. Miami could seemingly go an entire iteration of uniforms without wearing their standard dark uniform against a division rival. That is mind boggling to me. 

I don't think the lack of standard aqua over white is noteworthy with how often the team has worn white at home. They do seem to favor throwbacks against NE and they even wore orange against them on at least one occasion I recall (2009 or 2010), so that part is something I guess.

On 5/18/2019 at 11:13 AM, djam2410 said:

Dolphins will have a white 1966 "color rush" throwback next year.

Should be able to retain the regular throwbacks as well

it occurred to me that this might be worth pointing this out: this is a 3D model Nike uses for presenting concepts to teams for approval (the next step with a brand new design would be to actually make some uniform options and put them on real models to see how they look IRL). we've seen some fakes from people altering images from specific team shoots (Lions) of real players and thats not how Nike presents their uniforms. if any image had ever leaked early, it would have been on something like this.  just remember that come next season :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

On 5/18/2019 at 11:13 AM, djam2410 said:

Dolphins will have a white 1966 "color rush" throwback next year.

Should be able to retain the regular throwbacks as well

Random thoughts - if this is a "color rush", is the team going to wear plain white socks? And unveiling them with the regular NFL neck logo probably means this graphic was prepared before the NFL100 logo was unveiled, right?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

45 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Random thoughts - if this is a "color rush", is the team going to wear plain white socks? And unveiling them with the regular NFL neck logo probably means this graphic was prepared before the NFL100 logo was unveiled, right?

because Color Rush no longer exaist as a requirement, this is just a 2nd alternate jersey. the helmet, pants, socks, and equipment should all be the same as when they wear the aqua throwback.

yes, seems Nike just didnt make the NFL100 logo update on the template

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

35 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

because Color Rush no longer exaist as a requirement, this is just a 2nd alternate jersey. the helmet, pants, socks, and equipment should all be the same as when they wear the aqua throwback.

yes, seems Nike just didnt make the NFL100 logo update on the template

So "Two Alternates: 1 Throwback, 1 Color Rush" is out? I knew the Color Rush could be a throwback...but even the 49ers wore all white socks last year with the throwback (so it would effectively be a Color Rush) 

Apologies in advance if I missed that change.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

So "Two Alternates: 1 Throwback, 1 Color Rush" is out? I knew the Color Rush could be a throwback...but even the 49ers wore all white socks last year with the throwback (so it would effectively be a Color Rush) 

The Bears and Chiefs used striped socks with their color rush uniforms., so id imagine the dolphins could just use white socks with stripes on them.

9 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I don't think it's out? I just don't think they're forcing teams to wear it? At least that's not the impression I get, it's more of a second alternate as @BrandMooreArt said. 

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The NFL uniform guidelines are in a weird, undefined place right now. We hear that Color Rush is no longer required but teams can wear them as they please. And yet, teams like the 49ers implement “throwback” under the Color Rush line and use all white socks, which were not era appropriate.

spacer.png

On the other hand, there are teams like the Cowboys who take certain aspects of their Color Rush set and integrate it into their normal wardrobe (white pants).

spacer.png

At this point, it’s no longer clear how the uniform protocol works. Could teams with Color Rush sets use regular colored socks? Could they use their Color Rush jersey with pants from their regular set? The lines are blurred now.

I'm so over the all-white color rush look too. Aside from looking dumb and washed out, it was a reaction to a short-sighted campaign gone-wrong. There are great elements that have been introduced to uniforms thanks to the color rush uniforms, but there's no justification for the teams to continue to trot out the all-white look

Yeah, the NFL really let the uniform nonsense out of the bag last year.  Multiple alts, relaxed rules on when, where, and how often an alt can be worn, mixing color rush elements into non-color rush sets... we saw it all.  And it sucked.  Teams like the Panthers practically wore a different combination weekly, and none of them were the one uniform they should be wearing.  It's only the horrific nightmare riot of the NBA that's keeping the NFL looking somewhat restrained by comparison. And some of you want to introduce multiple helmets into this unappealing soup?  Insanity.

The NFL gets boneheaded flak for being too controlling ("No Fun League!! ... I just thought that up!! Durr!") when in fact, when it comes to uniform policies, they need to go back to being much more controlling.  They should go back to one alt, period, whether it's a throwback, color alt, or whatever, just one. And it should only be worn twice, never in the playoffs. I'd go further, and make each team designate a primary uniform combination... jersey, pants, and socks, that have to be worn together for at least 5 home games.

3 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I'm so over the all-white color rush look too. Aside from looking dumb and washed out, it was a reaction to a short-sighted campaign gone-wrong. There are great elements that have been introduced to uniforms thanks to the color rush uniforms, but there's no justification for the teams to continue to trot out the all-white look

And for whatever reason, when teams would wear Color Rush on Thursday nights, a lot of the visiting teams would respond by wearing their all white Color Rush (Miami, Jacksonville, Green Bay) even though they didn't have to. I hope that changes this season.

Archived