NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

So "Two Alternates: 1 Throwback, 1 Color Rush" is out? I knew the Color Rush could be a throwback...but even the 49ers wore all white socks last year with the throwback (so it would effectively be a Color Rush) 

Apologies in advance if I missed that change.

yea, its confusing. CR used to be a requirement; teams had to wear that once a year on their TNF game. the new rule is, every team can have 1 alternate jersey (team choice, it could be anything), or a 2nd alternate jersey if one is a throwback (the Dolphins alternate jerseys just both happen to be a throwback)

the CR is no longer required, but some teams still like using them and were pretty popular. im not sure if there are any rules on pants or socks options and teams have certainly gotten creative when it comes to mixing those pieces together. so, the damage of CR lives on in some ways

7 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

The NFL uniform guidelines are in a weird, undefined place right now. We hear that Color Rush is no longer required but teams can wear them as they please. And yet, teams like the 49ers implement “throwback” under the Color Rush line and use all white socks, which were not era appropriate.

spacer.png

On the other hand, there are teams like the Cowboys who take certain aspects of their Color Rush set and integrate it into their normal wardrobe (white pants).

spacer.png

At this point, it’s no longer clear how the uniform protocol works. Could teams with Color Rush sets use regular colored socks? Could they use their Color Rush jersey with pants from their regular set? The lines are blurred now.

the 49ers definitley took liberties there; they didn't have to go all white, but still wanted to push the CR angle. it might have just been confusion on the teams part, or maybe no one from the teams really cared about the socks?

id say yes to your last 2 questions, its all up in the air right now and i definitley dont think the NFL cares too much about policing pants and socks; for them and Nike its all about the jerseys

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Let's not forget the Raiders abandoned their white pants on their "Color Rush Throwback" and just turned it into a regular 1970 Throwback with the silver pants. I'm under the impression this is what the Raiders wanted to do the whole time but the league mandated them to wear all white.

1056141370.jpeg&c=sc&w=1600&h=1067

Also, DeAndre Washington wore the actual color rush uniform on accident. Not sure how that made it onto the field.

1056153000.jpg.0.jpg

As for the Color Rush uniforms in the league as a whole, the reason teams still go with the mono look is clearly because of team preference. I don't like it but it's what they want to do. You can't prohibit one color socks either because it will prevent throwbacks in the case of the Lions or Packers or maybe future teams.

bSLCtu2.png

11 hours ago, WSU151 said:

So "Two Alternates: 1 Throwback, 1 Color Rush" is out? I knew the Color Rush could be a throwback...but even the 49ers wore all white socks last year with the throwback (so it would effectively be a Color Rush) 

Apologies in advance if I missed that change.

Seahawks have two alts, the wolf greys and the.glow in the dark greens. No throwback to most fans frustration. 

5 hours ago, crosfam said:

Seahawks have two alts, the wolf greys and the.glow in the dark greens. No throwback to most fans frustration. 

The greens were/are Color Rush though. I guess I should have said 1 Throwback/Alternate, 1 Color Rush. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Youz guys mean "awesome greens", right?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, crosfam said:

Throwback for Seahawks is out of the question...no silver helmet.

A fauxback could be as close as they get with the current breakdown.

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Seahawks green is awesome. In fact, I think navy blue socks are the only thing needed to balance that into a good full-time alternate uniform. 

I'd love to see:

- Action green jersey

- White pants

- Navy socks

Usually I don't like helmet/shirt/pants not matching but I think it would be a good way to tone down the action green while still using it. 

seahawkgreenwhite.jpg

On 5/23/2019 at 12:42 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

. I'd go further, and make each team designate a primary uniform combination... jersey, pants, and socks, that have to be worn together for at least 5 home games.

Like the Titans navy over white and the Saints black over gold

On 5/24/2019 at 8:57 AM, RobRoy286 said:

Oh I know, they’re hideous! Don’t you just wish to see every player in those unis shatter their ankles? Or just the rookies? 

Only the ones with SR or II or III after their names, and since I'd hate risk ruining that great shade of green with blood stains, so maybe just something like a bad lisfranc rather than compound fracture.

seattle-seahawks.jpg

Throw some navy socks on this, and it's a great uni.  I wouldn't mind seeing it with navy pants as well, but I think green over green is just fine. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

They tried the green over navy and it didn't work. Fans hated it. 

Chicago+Bears+v+Seattle+Seahawks+zH27P8L

I liked the darker pants they introduced with this and began wearing them with the white jerseys on Madden. 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Archived