NFL changes 2019

FightingGoldenDevil

30 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

The Vikings would look great without the black they should go this direction. Drop black from the horn logo and facemask (gray) too.

White or purple facemask and I agree.

2 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

I understand that criticism as well for the new one (the cruise line thing moreso than the toothpaste, Aquafresh is very aesthetically pleasing), it just doesn't bother me as it does others.

Aquafresh is very aesthetically pleasing to me too, although an argument could be made either way regarding how well that aesthetic translates to the gridiron.

2 hours ago, G-tron said:

Don't a lot of NFL teams do that? Steelers (red and blue), Cardinals (yellow), Ravens (red), Falcons, (silver), etc. There's actually quite a few.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yes, plus 49ers, Vikings, Redskins, Jaguars, and Chiefs.

Don't the Falcons and Jaguars list silver and gold, respectively, as team colors? How many of the other teams do the same with their logo-only colors?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other thing about the dolphins logo is that it's an awkward shape to go on a football helmet, while the former ones fit in really well.

ff_2546404_full.jpg&w=600  vs  ff_3146030-affacbf87fd5f2188a89_full.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The other thing about the dolphins logo is that it's an awkward shape to go on a football helmet, while the former ones fit in really well.

I feel like the best way to fix this issue would be to simply put the modern dolphin in a similar pose to the classic one, fixing the shape issue and keeping what makes the modern one so good (it's so much cleaner, and I think the aqua shading is beautiful).

the user formerly known as cdclt

5 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I don’t see the argument there both fit pretty well. I really am failing to see the aquafresh references too. It’s a dolphin swimming in water under the sun, i don’t and haven’t seen anything else tbh

Well...

Related image

I don't like to admit it, but it is the first thing I think of.

I think they could stand to tweak the ventral side of the dolphin to lessen the toothpaste effect, but the current is the best logo the Dolphins have ever had. Classic colors, current logo.

10 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

I think the people that didn't like change will find whatever reason they can to not like the new logo.

The previous logo had a dolphin WEARING A HELMET. 

I think that's a lazy way to dismiss other people's opinions rather than contributing to the discussion.  Do better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I still see the dolphin doing a belly flop. I know that’s not what it’s really doing of course, but I saw it first thing and haven’t been able to unsee it. I also agree that it’s always looked a bit awkward on the helmet. I guess for me it comes down to that I really don’t mind the modern take at all, it’s just a very awkward form to me. That’s just my opinion and how I see it.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

47 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I still see the dolphin doing a belly flop.

Yeah, the pose doesn't make a ton of sense.  It would be perfect for a dolphin under the water, but the sun in the background makes that impossible.

Of course, I loved the idea of a marine mammal strapping on protective gear and grabbing a football, so who am I to talk about making sense?

11 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

I feel like the best way to fix this issue would be to simply put the modern dolphin in a similar pose to the classic one, fixing the shape issue and keeping what makes the modern one so good (it's so much cleaner, and I think the aqua shading is beautiful).

Definitely a better idea than going back to the Classic Logo. I think the Angry Dolphin was a good update to the classic sans the navy.

1 hour ago, Sykotyk said:

I think the people that didn't like change will find whatever reason they can to not like the new logo.

The previous logo had a dolphin WEARING A HELMET. 

A freaking awesome dolphin wearing a freaking awesome helmet, mind you.

I actually think that the Dolphins have struck a pretty great balance with their current set. The logo is the best that the Dolphins have had in their entire history and the newest update makes their uniforms one of the most solid sets in the league. The throwbacks are great too, but they are definitely relics of the past.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, the pose doesn't make a ton of sense.  It would be perfect for a dolphin under the water, but the sun in the background makes that impossible.

Exactly. I think had they removed the sun, I never would’ve had the belly flop connotation at all and would’ve seen it as swimming, but the sun makes me think it’s in the air and about to become the next FailArmy star.

Sure, we can assume it’s swimming and the sun is just gleaming through the water, but in my opinion regarding logos if you have to force yourself assume something in order to see it, it’s not communicating effectively enough to work. That’s why in my opinion it’s just not good.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

19 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Unpopular Opinion: I like the new identity, but on the facemask for the new set they should've kept it as the aqua color that it was prior. The all white just looks too clean and there should be more color in the helmet area.

Archived