Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Seeing those McCoy photos kind of makes me think white isn't necessary. I think with very minor changes (obviously the socks and facemask would need to be unified) this could just be the next Browns set. It would satisfy people who love the Color Rush, as well as those wanting a return to the traditional look:

 

spacer.png

utlAjQF.png

The stripes look incomplete without white thrown in on the brown jerseys. And brown pants have never looked good. 

8 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

As a Browns fans I can say browns fans love it because it's a great uniform. Full stop. 

 

Yes the current set sucks. But browns fans weren't exactly clamoring to keep the old set before the change either. And there's not a lot of nostalgia for the previous  unis either. If anything the 80s style gets the most nostalgia but only a select group of fans. And that certainly more remembering the winning teams than it was anything to do with uniform aesthetics. 

The only reason I like the Color Rush JERSEY, is it's better than anything else the Browns have right now. If it had white numbers a white stripe in between the orange and white pants with the current stripe pattern on that color rush I would take it over either of the jerseys shown by Jezus_Goti. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

utlAjQF.png

The stripes look incomplete without white thrown in on the brown jerseys. And brown pants have never looked good. 

The only reason I like the Color Rush JERSEY, is it's better than anything else the Browns have right now. If it had white numbers a white stripe in between the orange and white pants with the current stripe pattern on that color rush I would take it over either of the jerseys shown by Jezus_Goti. 

Did you purposefully make the center white stripe wider on purpose? The problem I have with that w/o/w/o/w stripe is that is all your attention is drawn to in the photo. 

 

This bright garish blob. 

 

As for your dream jersey in general, you basically want the 99-10 version with the Holmgren era sleeves and slightly wider pant stripe. 

 

Be careful what you wish for. We saw in the last redesign how what fans said was misinterpreted by the front office. Fans were adamant that they didn't want a logo ON THE HELMET and what they heard was "helmet is the logo", check. When we could've had the brownie or a dawg or ever some variant of the football B for merchandise and signage. Instead, we have another slightly updated though out of date helmet that's not even worn anymore. 

 

And fans wanted "modern" uniforms. That's what they said. Instead they Seattlefied them. The Browns on the pant leg wouldn't have even been that bad had the stripe continued through the foreground of the letters. And Nike's anti-bootleg orange stitching looked haphazard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Did you purposefully make the center white stripe wider on purpose? The problem I have with that w/o/w/o/w stripe is that is all your attention is drawn to in the photo. 

 

This bright garish blob. 

 

As for your dream jersey in general, you basically want the 99-10 version with the Holmgren era sleeves and slightly wider pant stripe. 

 

Be careful what you wish for. We saw in the last redesign how what fans said was misinterpreted by the front office. Fans were adamant that they didn't want a logo ON THE HELMET and what they heard was "helmet is the logo", check. When we could've had the brownie or a dawg or ever some variant of the football B for merchandise and signage. Instead, we have another slightly updated though out of date helmet that's not even worn anymore. 

 

And fans wanted "modern" uniforms. That's what they said. Instead they Seattlefied them. The Browns on the pant leg wouldn't have even been that bad had the stripe continued through the foreground of the letters. And Nike's anti-bootleg orange stitching looked haphazard. 

I actually think this is less garish than the jersey on the left. Yes, the middle stripe is intentionally larger because at times this was what the Browns did and to me they looked better. As far as modernizing the jerseys, Seattle and Tampa Bay were the most "modern" jerseys at the time so that's what happened to them. The biggest issues with the logos that came with the current set, the dawg pound has been co-opted to stand for the entire team rather than just the defense. The brownie should be the focus as a logo, or bring something similar the CB monogram from 1994 up to date. I agree, helmets should not be considered as primary logos, especially a helmet that's now banned. 

5dhBhrl.png

@Sykotyk

Here's one that uses the current Color Rush stripes with white interjected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Interesting you have your finger on the pulse of the fanbase. 

 

Maybe as an outsider, you don't like the uniforms. Hell, there's been talk of outside influence trying to do anything to even move away from brown and orange. Gray, wine, etc. 

 

Fans weren't happy with Holmgren's attempt at throwbacks. And certainly didn't like this latest set. The only positive was seeing that brown facemasks actually look better than the white or the grey. 

 

And yes, the color rush are simple. Adding a third color doesn't suddenly make them simpler. Fans like brown and orange. Whatever shade of which is the current (most would welcome a return to 80s and early 90s colors before the move). The color rush is exactly what most fans wanted out of a jersey. Brown and orange. 

 

Someone said numbers are only white, silver and yellow (not gold), but orange in the right shade is not much different. It is a highly contrasting color. 

 

If Raiders can have dull silver on black, orange on a dark brown is entirely acceptable. 

If you think the Saints have yellow numbers, you need to see an eye doctor..

There's a big difference between any of the colors mentioned and orange.. orange does not contrast nearly as well as you think it would.. there's a reason they went away from it in the 80's, and there's a reason they wear their current brown jerseys as rarely as they can.. it simply doesn't work.. using a still photo as evidence doesn't support your claim in the slightest, as football is a game played in fast motion with crowds and piles, where numbers need to be readily identified and easily visible.. orange on brown doesn't allow that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im not a fan of their CR. though theres only 2 colors, the stripes are still random and the helmet stripe is now completely disjointed from the rest of the uniform (white part). they've always needed to fix the "stripe system" but just making everything orange and brown doesnt do that. (plus, i just really dont like those 2 swatches together anyway). adding white into the more important elements of the uniform (numbers) and balancing the entire flow of color from head to toe (add white in the stripes) is definitely a better design and brings you really close to the primary stuff. sure, the CR looks different and maybe that freshness is what makes it exciting, but it gets no vote from me as a possible primary, not without some reworked decorative elements. 

 

using the CR as a base and going through those necessary decorative changes, i think you'd end up with something like this. kind of cool, but i still prefer the use of white— it really enhances the colors

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Goatiest Maximian said:

As a 9ers fan I love these better then are current uniforms

 

Can somebody Photoshop that throwback jersey with their current helmet and pants? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Goatiest Maximian said:

As a 9ers fan I love these better then are current uniforms

 The drop shadow on the numbers really makes a difference. I'm  beginning to sour on the current set because of the black alt and the striping issues. also the niners set is very simple but when we have been losing this much over the years, the uni set can look very unappealing    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't hate it only because there is so much restraint with the empty sleeves caps and minimalist shoulder stripes, unlike how busy it feels on the back of the Bills' jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a pointless change, that looks worse to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

Are the Jets doing a 60th anniversary patch, do teams even do that for 60? They did their 50th in 2009 but 50 is a celebrated number.

The NFL may do an AFL weekend but I haven't seen any logos. Only ones that can do throwbacks for 1960-1969 are the Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Bengals and Dolphins. I'm aware the last two weren't original AFL teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, C-Squared said:

I don't hate it only because there is so much restraint with the empty sleeves caps and minimalist shoulder stripes, unlike how busy it feels on the back of the Bills' jerseys.

Their sleeves have numbers..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The NFL may do an AFL weekend but I haven't seen any logos. Only ones that can do throwbacks for 1960-1969 are the Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders, Bengals and Dolphins. I'm aware the last two weren't original AFL teams. 

Actually, no. The Bengals Tiger Stripes are painted on the Helmets. They would not be able to wear 60’s throwbacks unless they switched all the helmets to have Sticker Decals before the season started.

(Also, the Bills are missing in your list)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.