2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Kramerica Industries

On 3/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, Sykotyk said:

hey were basically the Niners or cowboys fans of the 80s and 90s. They'll jump and also be the most annoying group of fans. 

Especially the 49ers fans. They were really annoying in the 80's and 90's. They didn't call them The Bandwagon for nothing.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for those contract negotiations for an extension for Tyreek Hill.

A battery investigation is underway involving a juvenile at the home of Kansas City Chiefs star receiver Tyreek Hill.

Officers were previously called to that same address on March 5 to investigate a report of child abuse or neglect. Hill’s name is directly listed on that report. According to Overland Park police, the original report was closed three days later when prosecution was declined.

The woman at the center of that investigation is now engaged to Hill. Her name is listed on both investigative reports obtained by KCTV5 involving Overland Park police. Hill and his fiance have a 3-year-old son who is connected to the Overland Park address where police were called.

28 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Not really now.

In 2014, Hill was kicked off the Oklahoma State team for his arrest for domestic assault and battery by strangulation.  Last August, Hill completed his probation and the judge dismissed the case and expunged.

Oh, yeah. Hill was a problem in college as well.

57 minutes ago, DnBronc said:

Oh, yeah. Hill was a problem in college as well.

Yep strangled his then pregnant girlfriend, and within a year of finishing his probation he breaks his sons arm. If he doesn’t get a treatment worse than Peterson I’d be astonished. 

On 3/14/2019 at 11:41 AM, VDizzle12 said:

I've listened to those people talk trash and run their mouths my entire life. I sure hope their run is over. 

I don't know if you remember, but the Steelers fans weren't talking trash in the 80's, that's for sure.

I remember when the NFL got really hyped for the Browns going into 2008 after they went 10-6 the year before. I think they were given five primetime games that year, and of course they crashed and burned because they're the Browns. I would expect no fewer than four primetime games for the Browns this year, not including any games that could be flexed. It sounds like they could face the Pats in the Sunday night opener. I'd also expect a Browns/Steelers on SNF or MNF for sure. Browns fans should feel much better about the national attention this year because Baker Mayfield > Derek Anderson obviously.

8 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

I remember when the NFL got really hyped for the Browns going into 2008 after they went 10-6 the year before. I think they were given five primetime games that year, and of course they crashed and burned because they're the Browns. I would expect no fewer than four primetime games for the Browns this year, not including any games that could be flexed. It sounds like they could face the Pats in the Sunday night opener. I'd also expect a Browns/Steelers on SNF or MNF for sure. Browns fans should feel much better about the national attention this year because Baker Mayfield > Derek Anderson obviously.

Browns beat the defending NFL champion New York Giants at home on Monday Night Football. Also won at Buffalo in a prime time game. 4-12 that year, but 2 wins in prime time. Lost to the steelers by 7, and the Broncos by 4. The only prime time loss that was bad was at the end of the season, crushed by Eagles 30-10.

4 hours ago, DnBronc said:

I don't know if you remember, but the Steelers fans weren't talking trash in the 80's, that's for sure.

I'd welcome a return to those days...

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

22 hours ago, rainmaker17 said:

Great point.  A friend invited us to the Broncos-Browns game in December at Mile High, and we went as a neutral fans.  Great experience, but it was my first up-close time with Browns fans... and what a pack of d#cks they are.  Starting fights in the concourse, the stupid dog barking, the low-class yelling at the vendors and getting a kick out of being a bad visiting fan base.  I used to pity those pricks because I didn't know any better.  Now I know and I hope Baker and Odell's egos clash and send them back to the basement. They deserve it. #woof

Traveling fans seem to be a-holes no matter what team they represent. It may be a bit of entitlement because they assume they're the best fans because they made the trip and everyone else is back home. No one deserves to go into the basement because their fans suck. If that were the case, the Cowboys would go 0-16 every year. 

9 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Ryan Tannehill has been traded by the Dolphins to..... the Titans.

Miami traded one guy to be a backup at the same time two other backups came in and decided they'd rather sit behind someone else than start for the Dolphins. If they're chasing Kyler Murray I feel bad for that kid. 

23 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Why is “checking out” on a totally inept team that has been completely impotent for 20 years a bad thing? On the contrary, I’d question the sanity of anyone that spent 00s of $ to see that team play. 

I never fully checked out, but there was a reason I'd rather pay for Red Zone instead of NFL Ticket up until last year. Last year was the first time in a long time I got any consistent enjoyment out of watching the Browns. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

No one deserves to go into the basement because their fans suck. If that were the case, the Cowboys would go 0-16 every year.  

Whoa, whoa now. Those are fighting words. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

7 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Browns beat the defending NFL champion New York Giants at home on Monday Night Football. Also won at Buffalo in a prime time game. 4-12 that year, but 2 wins in prime time. Lost to the steelers by 7, and the Broncos by 4. The only prime time loss that was bad was at the end of the season, crushed by Eagles 30-10.

I was talking about their season in general.

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

No one deserves to go into the basement because their fans suck. If that were the case, the Cowboys would go 0-16 every year. 

This line made me smile.  Nice to know some things are always consistent.  If your favorite team plays in the AFC you hate the Patriots. If your team plays in the AFC north, you hate the Steelers. If your team plays in the NFC north you hate the Packers. But if you've ever just watched a football game, you despise the Dallas Cowboys. Unless, of course, you ARE a Cowboy fan... Then you honestly think you're "America's team."

On 3/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, Sykotyk said:

Browns fans also have a lot of "fans" who've checked out over the years that will be back. And they'll be the most annoying. What will be funny is all the northeast Ohio steelers fans and what they'll do if the browns are playing for Super Bowls and the steelers are in qb purgatory. They were basically the Niners or cowboys fans of the 80s and 90s. They'll jump and also be the most annoying group of fans. 

My cousin is a Browns fan in NE Ohio (although he also liked the 49ers in the late-80's and early-90's) who has been complaining about the NE Ohio Steeler bandwagoners for over a decade now. I will warn him that those fans will probably jump to his side if this team starts winning consistently.

58 minutes ago, DnBronc said:

My cousin is a Browns fan in NE Ohio (although he also liked the 49ers in the late-80's and early-90's) who has been complaining about the NE Ohio Steeler bandwagoners for over a decade now. I will warn him that those fans will probably jump to his side if this team starts winning consistently.

Tons of people in Northeast Ohio jumped over to the Steelers. I know a few. Please don't come back now. We don't want or need you.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

14 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Traveling fans seem to be a-holes no matter what team they represent. It may be a bit of entitlement because they assume they're the best fans because they made the trip and everyone else is back home. No one deserves to go into the basement because their fans suck. If that were the case, the Cowboys would go 0-16 every year. 

It is not traveling fans, but rather traveling fans wearing team/club apparel who are 2000% more arrogant/unappealing/a$$holish/punchable.

Regardless of where you are on the globe unless you are at an NCAA Tournament venue or a college bowl game, it is more likely that team apparel/gear will get your a$$ in something you ain't NOT ready for.  

Earlier this week, the Redskins were reported to make a big splash in regards to trading for a WR. There was a rumor yesterday stating that the Vikings were in negotiations to send WR Stefon Diggs to the Redskins, but the rumor has since been debunked. I can’t help but to be sad considering the rumored deal also included Josh Norman being shipped to Minnesota. This was all started by Diggs’ brother posting a picture of him in a Redskins uniform.

Archived