Tracy Jordan

2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

I’m personally still embarrassed that I tried to rationalize Kyrie Irving for a while but I’ll stick around for cheap Findom Forum jokes.

Did you know that Enes Kanter is Muslim and has to fast during Ramadan?

Did you know that Steph and Seth Curry are brothers and are playing the Finals? And their parents go to the games??

Find a new slant, ESPN.

14 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Did you know that Steph and Seth Curry are brothers and are playing the Finals? And their parents go to the games??

Find a new slant, ESPN.

Damian Lillard is from Oakland. 

Oh by the way Damian Lillard is from Oakland.

Did you know Damian Lillard is from Oakland. 

24 minutes ago, Wings said:

Damian Lillard is from Oakland. 

Oh by the way Damian Lillard is from Oakland.

Did you know Damian Lillard is from Oakland. 

Plus he's from Oakland. And he knows NBA players don't feel real pressure, which is a lesson he learned growing up in Oakland.

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

Find a new slant, ESPN.

How about after 47 seasons in Oakland, the Warriors are moving to a new arena in San Francisco. Then they can talk about how much it cost.

Meyers Leonard getting crunch time minutes.
Kanter gave them basically nothing. Collins didn't have it tonight.

Portland's lack of size killed them tonight. Shame.

I absolutely love Portland’s fight, though. They’re thoroughly overmatched in this series and came out swinging regardless. And Seth Curry tonight! What a great game. 

Portland blew 2 huge leads. Warriors up 2-0.

picard.jpg

Just now, habsfan1 said:

Portland blew 2 huge leads. Warriors up 2-0.

picard.jpg

Don't forget this is a Warriors team without KD. 

:censored:ing Warriors. 

1 minute ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Don't forget this is a Warriors team without KD. 

:censored:ing Warriors. 

They could beat Portland, even if the every Warriors team member had one arm tied behind their back.

Warriors are going to dominate the NBA, 1990s Bulls style for the next 5 years (if not more). Don't forget if it wasn't for 2016 Cavs comeback, they would have won 4 titles in a row and would be going for 5.

Great game. Tough loss. 

1 minute ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Warriors are going to dominate the NBA, 1990s Bulls style for the next 5 years (if not more). Don't forget if it wasn't for 2016 Cavs comeback, they would have won 4 titles in a row and would be going for 5.

It's just annoying because normally a team losing a guy like KD would be a huge loss, and possibly change the series. 

But warriors are so stacked losing one of the top players in the entire NBA is barely a determent for them. 

It's weird because I want to respect them like the 90's Bulls dynasty, Warriors did so many thing right (great drafting/development, great trade deals) but they also had KD take the easy way out & join them. Which basically :censored:ed the entire league. 

I will say this: without KD, the Warriors are actually a likable team for all the aforementioned reasons and great play.

A pity that Denver lost, though. I think they might've provided a bigger challenge for GSW.

Boston & New York sports fans complaining about the Warriors dominance kind of makes me giggle. 

Flashback Friday time.

Remember when the Mavs had Nick Carter and Lance Bass on the same team?

7e0d1f2e92f85baf0d5b8ea18e7da89311330f22

3 hours ago, Wings said:

Boston & New York sports fans complaining about the Warriors dominance kind of makes me giggle. 

Especially Boston fans. New York is a bit more excusable IMO, just because their basketball teams aren’t great (since the Nets chose to market themselves as simply Brooklyn, I don’t think of them as a “New York team”, and AFAIK the rest of NYC outside of Brooklyn feels the same way.

As a Bostonian who's primarily a Celtics fan, I am wholly disappointed that it's my team that let down the Boston Slam and no one can police my feelings about it! Thanks!