2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Tracy Jordan

6 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

None of this happens without an improbable quadruple doink in game 7 vs Sixers. Good for Kawai and Lowry. Really came to like this team and was rooting them on after the Sixers got KOd. 

Just sucks they won in those silly jerseys and not their primary

I posted way upthread, but I think the only way to win a title on the road in Oracle is by wearing ridiculously ugly alternate jerseys.

New Balance struck gold on signing Kawhi and....his shoes are completely sold out and only available on reselling sites starting at about $1,000. That seems off?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Are we allowed to discuss race, or did we get into too much trouble last time?

Unless mysteriously deleted like the previous edition this thread, I think that the discussion of race and the Warriors has had posts discussing it for at least three of the last four NBA season or playoff threads.

3 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I posted way upthread, but I think the only way to win a title on the road in Oracle is by wearing ridiculously ugly alternate jerseys.

New Balance struck gold on signing Kawhi and....his shoes are completely sold out and only available on reselling sites starting at about $1,000. That seems off?

They're just the next ones to get this treatment.

except for the "1 times NBA champion" thing. 

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Just sucks they won in those silly jerseys and not their primary

We got the Cavs winning in black tshirts in 2016 and the Raptors in jerseys that read "NORTH". The NBA should intervene to protect these teams from themselves. 

I can't believe we live in a world where the Toronto Raptors have an NBA championship. Only the 2015 Royals have a more far-fetched, hard to grasp, "If you would've told me 6 years ago I never would've believed you" vibe to them. I'm old enough to remember the Sky Dome, purple, zigzag pinstripe, Damon Stoudamire herring-bone court Raptors. They were a curio, at best. They were my go-to team in NBA live 98 because they had the most ridiculous name and uniforms. That they've morphed into this stable championship winning franchise is amazing. 

Also I love when non-prestige NBA markets like Toronto, like Cleveland win it all. 

I do feel bad that the Warriors had so many injuries, but they've had good injury luck the last few years. 

Drake is a complete dork. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Is Toronto not a prestige market? If not, it’s only because they’re in Canada I think, and are stuck with the TV partners’ disappointment and the economic disadvantage that comes with that. It’s a huge and rich and cosmopolitan city that’s a cultural epicenter right now.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

I can't believe we live in a world where the Toronto Raptors have an NBA championship. Only the 2015 Royals have a more far-fetched, hard to grasp, "If you would've told me 6 years ago I never would've believed you" vibe to them.

This one was much grander than the Royals, cause they did go to the World Series and lose the year before.

Excellent!

The West is ridiculously wide open, and it's a golden opportunity for Houston.

But, knowing their track record, they'll find a way to underperform and blow a, right now, almost gift-wrapped chance at the 2020 NBA Finals.

And they'll lose in the first round. In 6. To probably; Minnesota.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

48 minutes ago, Digby said:

Is Toronto not a prestige market? If not, it’s only because they’re in Canada I think, and are stuck with the TV partners’ disappointment and the economic disadvantage that comes with that. It’s a huge and rich and cosmopolitan city that’s a cultural epicenter right now.

It's a prestige market in every other way except when it comes to NBA basketball, is what I meant. NBA free agents aren't lining up to sign with Toronto or Cleveland or Milwaukee or Memphis etc. Remember there was talk in the offseason that Kawhi was going to sit out this season rather than going to Toronto. If you want to win in one of those markets you have to do it through other more creative means. 

47 minutes ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

This one was much grander than the Royals, cause they did go to the World Series and lose the year before.

yeah, but truth be told that 14 Royals run didn't feel real either so when they made it back the next year it was even more like "the ROYALS?!?!".

PvO6ZWJ.png

15 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

But, knowing their track record, they'll find a way to underperform and blow a, right now, almost gift-wrapped chance at the 2020 NBA Finals.

No, (wow, I'm going to type this), but it is THE CLIPPERS.

Morey will once again tinker with team chemistry as he always does. Chris Paul is 36 and Tilman Fertitta  is already showing impatience

53 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

A few more pieces and it could be Denver or Portland coming out of the West. 

San Antonio is always a contender as long as Popovich is still the coach.

Archived